Author Topic: METROID PRIME 2  (Read 95848 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2003, 02:08:54 AM »
I would like it if there was a hunter following you the whole game, kind of stalking you.  Especially in 2 player mode.

Also, i heard some rumblings that the previous Metroids will be released as a bonus disk, anyone else hear this?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2003, 06:44:15 AM »
Maybe as a linkup bonus again... A bonus disk sounds illogical considering MP had the first one as a loyality bonus for Fusion owners...

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2003, 05:38:55 AM »
I believe (like in all metroid games) that Meta Ridley will return, and this time have some major upgrades.  For the sequel, samus seems she is going to fight a more powerful version of herself.  I believe Omega pirate should be in the next game again, with a few adjustments, and maybe a boss made out of icicles that are strong as steel, that would be kinda cool.  One of her suits could make samus levitate for 10 seconds before hitting the ground again, that would be sweet.  She should also have a new weapon of somesort to keep her alive.  Hopefully you wont have to get artifacts, because that was somewhat annoying (yet fun) to do in the original.
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 01:36:55 PM »
I think they might have a new big bad guy other than Meta Ridley. . . maybe Kraid in some new form.

I think the space jump boots work fine for levitation type stuff, but I thought they could do some cool puzzles and have some neat enemy battles if they included a seismic visor (you know, a visor that detects movements underground through seismic waves).  They could definitely include a kick@ss boss fight if they used that, at the very least.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2003, 05:37:13 AM »
What would the boss be underground?  A giant bug?  Oh i know!  A very annoying boss to go against would be a giant gopher!  JK  LOL.  (You have to live in Minnesota to understand that).  Anyway, it should be a giant sand monster, sort of like that boss in wind waker.  Or myabe some sort of creature that they haven't thought of yet, that hasn't been made in any other metroid game yet, that would be cool.
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-end quote-

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2003, 04:20:02 PM »
Well, depending on the environment, it could be mechanical, or yes, perhaps some large burrowing bug or something.  They seemed to like those in Prime.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2003, 04:23:49 PM »
Well, depending on the environment, it could be mechanical, or yes, perhaps some large burrowing bug or something.  They seemed to like those in Prime.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2003, 04:25:53 PM »

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2003, 04:47:43 PM »
If you remember, the heat vision was used to detect creatures underground, but I like your thinking  A burrowing boss would rule...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2003, 07:49:05 PM »
Don't get me wrong, the music in Prime was great, but I'd like to see a big change in that area for the next game.  None of the music in Prime was bad, however, it wasn't very metroidy.  You know?  I'd like to see (or hear, whatever) something less techno and more organic/orchestrated sounding.  I've been spoiled by Super Metroid I know.  That game had one of the best soundtracks ever.  This isn't an area that I'm really worried about though.  I know whatever the soundtrack is like, it will be good.  I'd just be overjoyed to see anything close to the SM soundtrack.
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2003, 10:42:10 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Zelda has always been a single player game, but The 4 Swords was an *extremely* fun game.

I'm sorry but I really get tired of hearing that as an example to why multi-player in Metroid would work just fine. Four Swords was just a bonus type thing that was added to a port of ALttP. It's really no different than having Mario Bros. added in with all the Mario GBA ports. In other words Four Swords is not a regular Zelda game that also had normal single player action. It was made for the sole purpose of multi-player.

Now if you could come in here and say, "hey they had multi-player in Wind Waker and it was extremely fun" then that would be a different story.

As for my own personal bitching about multi-player and Metroid someone else had brought up a good point on another board. The only reason people want multi-player in Metroid Prime 2 is because they think it's a first person shooter and there's some unwritten rule that FPSs must have multi-player. NEWS FLASH:  METROID PRIME AND METROID PRIME 2 ARE NOT FPS AND THEREFORE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO OBEY ANY UNWRITTEN FPS RULES. The only thing Prime has in common with FPS is that they are both in the FPV but that's it.

And if you think that little theory is stupid then why don't you have topics like "Zero Mission SHUD HAEV MULTIPLAEYR!111! OMG". It's because it's a sidescroller and therefore no one mistakes it for a FPS.

Honestly though I have a feeling that whatever multi-player Retro puts into Prime 2 it will not be classic FPS multi-player. It will probably end up being something that for the most part is lame and has something to do with GBA connectivity. I imagine that it will be more like little mini game type crap. Think Morph Ball racing and the like.

One more thing Samus still had the Fusion Suit at the end of Metroid Fusion. I don't know why this is so confusing for some people. Just watch the ending cinema for the game and you can clearly see she's still wearing the Fusion Suit. When Samus grabbed the SA-X's Core X it simply upgraded the Fusion Suit so it could shoot the Ice Beam. It also turned the suit orange (the main point of confusion) but that's it. Just look at screen shots of Metroid Fusion's ending by clicking here. When she's talking to Adam you can clearly see that she's still wearing the Fusion Suit.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2003, 04:24:31 AM »
I don't even know why people are arguing about the Fusion suit when it is highly likely it won't even be in the next Metroid game(at least the GC one).

As I said before, morph ball racing would rock so much

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2003, 11:27:15 AM »
No No I want multiplayer on Metriod, not because of the view, which is what you seem to think, but because the game involves shooting things to survive. The fact that samus has a gun is what makes me want Multiplayer. My friend bought Max Payne and Dead to Rights for his Xbox and I was really disappointed when I didnt find multiplayer in either of them. Not only that though, I think that multiplayer with Samus would be awsome, don't get me wrong I still want the focus of the game to be the single player mode but I do want them to add a multiplay mode. All they have to do is make some levels, let us customize Samus' armor and let us battle it out. It doesn't have to be anything to extravegant just something fun. Thats all, I don't want the multiplayer to be the focus of the game, just like four swords wasn't the focus of ALttP, but it should definetly be there.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2003, 06:29:44 AM »
Triple post.  Poop.

Moonwatcher, I loved the music for Metroid Prime, and would love to hear it again.  But I think I know what you mean, and while I disagree a tad, having that in Prime 2 would also be very cool.

Four swords is turning into a full fledged game, isn't it, with the GBA and GC connection?  Well, whatever.  Anyway, there are more multiplayer mode options that just plain cloning Samus.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2003, 06:47:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Moonwatcher
Don't get me wrong, the music in Prime was great, but I'd like to see a big change in that area for the next game.  None of the music in Prime was bad, however, it wasn't very metroidy.  You know?  I'd like to see (or hear, whatever) something less techno and more organic/orchestrated sounding.  I've been spoiled by Super Metroid I know.  That game had one of the best soundtracks ever.  This isn't an area that I'm really worried about though.  I know whatever the soundtrack is like, it will be good.  I'd just be overjoyed to see anything close to the SM soundtrack.

How about Phenandra Drifts?  That is some high-class orchestrated music ^_^

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2003, 10:58:15 AM »
The music, all in all in Metroid Prime was simply stunning. So far (And I'm not an "old school gamer" so I can't comment on games preceding the N64) Prime has been the only game where I've actually replayed the game to hear the music again.

I'm fully confident that Retro Studios can take the same music and throw a new twist on it for Prime 2.

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2003, 04:35:25 AM »
I loved the phandrana drifts music the best!  As for metroid prime 2, I cant wait to see it!

-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2003, 05:12:46 AM »
Kenji Yamamoto(NCL) did the music, not Retro...Not that it really matters

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2003, 06:07:43 AM »
This game will be awesome, but only if it improves on the first game substantially. Things that need improving (in my opinion):

-  More interconnected maps.  All of the other Metroid games had maps that were very full and compact that were constantly connecting with each other, having all sorts of shortcuts and secret passages.  Metroid Prime had a little of this, but the maps were so sparse - the game had long sections where there were few or no choices on which way to go.  Also, it seems very apparent when you look at the 3D map.

-  Warp points.  This is something that was annoying in Super Metroid, but even more annoying in Metroid Prime.  It's hard to blame Retro for staying by Metroid's roots, but I got tired of the backtracking, especially to certain places like Phendrana Drifts or whatever it was called, where you had to go through ___ first.  Metroid Fusion didn't have this problem because of its map setup where everything connected to a central point, but that would seem artificial outside of the context of a space station.  This kind of formulaic map hurt Majora's Mask IMO, so I'd much prefer the warp point solution.  After seeing how well it works in games like Castlevania and Zelda, I would definitely expect this improvement.

-  Customized map labels.  It's not a huge thing, but I would like to be able to mark on my map when I see a missile pack that I can't pick up yet.  It would eliminate the trouble I always have trying to backtrack to a place that I still haven't opened because I can't remember what the obstacle standing in my way is.

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2003, 04:36:53 AM »
I saw the first (and only) screenshots (15 of them) on metroid prime 2.  It looks purely awesome.  She seems she gets attacked by a new bread of space pirate, but i could be seriously wrong, i couldnt tell what it was.  It look liked it was was sucking samus's energy out of the back of her suit.  The creature seemed to made out of solid steel, and had a space pirate face (could be wrong again).  Rumors are, it can cloak and not be seen with any, and i mean any visor.

-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2003, 04:39:21 AM »
It actually looked like a Chozo to me...Though I have no idea why a Chozo would attack Samus...(Though I was also confused with why the Chozo ghosts attacked Samus in MP)

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2003, 05:00:27 AM »
I do!  If you read the logbook it tells you.  A chozo ghost is a fallen chozo, they are to guard the artifacts against anything that moves even if it is against their will to and even if they are frieds with the chozo.  They are supposed to spend all eternity protecting the artifacts from everything even samus.  Thats why the chozo lore said, "We hope the newborn (Samus) will find the artifacts, and we will guard her for she must be weary (caustious) of the chozo ghosts."  Or something like that.  If you fill 100% of your logbook, which i have by the way, and read all of the chozo lore and pirate reasearch, you find some interesting information of what happend in the past, present and possible future.  It even has clues on what happend in Samus's past.  Pretty interesting who her supposed parents are.

-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2003, 05:08:25 AM »
Well it figures that one of the few things I forgot to record was a Chozo ghost  Maybe it's a new race of hostile Chozo then?  Damn it, E3 is too far away...

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2003, 05:12:55 AM »
If you need to scan a chozo ghost, first go to a room where there are a couple (the elder chamber is one of them, and the room where flahgra was).  Then using the scan visor, scan them when they appear.

-Quote-

"I do! If you read the logbook it tells you. A chozo ghost is a fallen chozo, they are to guard the artifacts against anything that moves even if it is against their will to and even if they are frieds with the chozo. They are supposed to spend all eternity protecting the artifacts from everything even samus. Thats why the chozo lore said, "We hope the newborn (Samus) will find the artifacts, and we will guard her for she must be weary (caustious) of the chozo ghosts." Or something like that. If you fill 100% of your logbook, which i have by the way, and read all of the chozo lore and pirate reasearch, you find some interesting information of what happend in the past, present and possible future. It even has clues on what happend in Samus's past. Pretty interesting who her supposed parents are."

-End quote-

-end quote-

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2003, 10:41:30 PM »
a chozo statue attacks samus in super metroid aswell, when you first get missiles i think (my memory is a bit hazey... like the MORES OF SCOTLAND?) so Metroid Prime doesn't have the first chozo's attacking you (and i mean first by release date, dont go metroid chronology on me)