Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186398 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »
Why, Halbred....why?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2009, 05:13:40 PM »
The older Simpsons seasons are by far the best. My two favorite episodes are: 1) Where Homer becomes obese...

"The hand you have used to dial is too fat. Too obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."

And 2) When Sideshow Bob is pursuing Bart for the first time...

"Very well, Bart. I shall send you to heaven before I send you to hell. And a two and a three and.."

Seinfeld is great no matter how many times I see it. I won an autographed script in a contest, so I have a special connection with the show. I can recite lines like nobody's business, and I used to do dialogues from the show onstage when I was in high school. Unlike so many shows I see, there's never an episode of Seinfeld that I won't watch. That is, there are no BAD episodes.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
Quote from: Halbred
I just watched the pilot of "Glee."

I actually have an excuse for having seen this. What's yours?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
I watched it out of curiosity. Is it HS Musical done right? I wouldn't know since I've never seen HS Musical, but at the same time I don't see myself tuning in for this one. If FOX had advertised Arrested Development as much as they do this show*, then AD would probably still be on the air.

*I've seen so many ads for Glee for so long, they led me to believe I missed the first season already.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
I watched the first ep of Glee and it wasn't bad at aall, but then i never watched another episode, they have it on Hulu and i could catch up, but it seems like it could be all soap opera-y. The main teachers story arch reminds me of the story arch from the character from Freedom Writers.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
But the show hasn't aired yet.... has it?

What would you be catching up on?
I know they hav the pilot episode up on Hulu, but the series premier is tonite.

...or so I thought.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
I believe they showed it about 3 months ago as a preview.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »
is it really upto season 21 already!?

I can't wait to see what the complete collectors edition is gonna look like and cost whenever this show finally decides to end. I can't wait till Futurama comes back. It was like the Simpsons only funny since they didn't have to be grounded in reality. I'm sure the Simpson writers have run out of fresh ideas a long time ago and are just running on auto-pilot. I'm sure they could really use something different like Futurama to allow a little more creative freedom to bring the funny back.

To me the grounding in reality is what makes The Simpsons great as opposed to something like Family Guy that's just crazy. The great thing about Futurama was that it got to be realistic and crazy at the same time because of a crazy reality.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
But The Simpsons have done all they can with the characters and the setting. The have literally done everything. I hear that they have been recycling ideas because there is nothing left to do. I just think Futurama will bring some creativity back to the writers with characters and setting that haven't been milked dry already.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »
Yeah, they're pretty much out of ideas, I didn't even watch the last season. I also can't wait until Futurama comes back, that show was just as good as the best years of The Simpsons, the only reason I have Simpsons at 1 and Futurama at 2 is The Simpsons did it first and was there longer.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
I hear that they have been recycling ideas

They have. I tuned into a new episode once and thought "wait a minute, didn't they already have this storyline? Why would Bart steal the head off another statue?*" It was kinda sad. Keep in mind this was at least 2 years ago lol

**This wasn't the plot of the newer episode, just happened to be the first instantly recognizable plot from the series history.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2009, 04:09:24 AM »
that would explain why i hadn't seen it since, I watched it after the season finale of American Idol

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009, 09:11:32 PM »
I just finished my Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 1 Marathon.
Lets just say that Book 2 & 3 have been added to the Netflix list. It's too bad that Book 2 & 3 aren't on the Instant Watch list like Book 1, otherwise the marathon would continue.

I don't want to rant and rave at how good of a cartoon it is, but there was really only one episode that I saw that was "uuggghhh ::rolleyes::" worthy, the great divide with the feuding tribes episode.

Now I look forward to the Last Airbender movie that's coming up, and the next two books of the show.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
Yeah, I hated that episode too.

Season 2 and 3 are way better than 1, so look forward to those. There's an episode in Season 2 called "The Desert" and it was the reason I decided to watch Avatar. It's one of my favorite episodes.

However, there's a couple of episodes I don't particularly enjoy in the those seasons though, just like "The Great Divide" mainly because it doesn't progress the story, shed light on earlier events, or has weak action scenes. Still, all the episodes are generally more action packed, more story driven and more hilarious. This is especially true for season 3 with the finale being one of the greatest endings I've seen in recent history.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »
So the show is still on-going?
is Book 3 a Season Finale or a Series Finale?

Because Book 3 was back in 2007.

Also, do you know if the movie is re-telling the story, or is it a continuation of?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
Book 3 concludes the series. Though there is a rumor that they may continue the show with another avatar, past or future.

The movies are a re-telling of the series. They are planning on a making it trilogy with each movie representing a different book. Each book has a main subplot along with an overarching plot, so it makes sense to make a trilogy (unlike, say, The Pirates of the Caribbean).

The story and setting are great, so my main concerns with the movie are the cast and director.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2009, 04:52:58 AM »
Jericho 7/10 so far, its kinda slow, but maybe it'll pick up. I'm only on episode 5.  A show about Nuclear holocaust should get better as things get worse.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »
Jericho 7/10 so far, its kinda slow, but maybe it'll pick up. I'm only on episode 5.  A show about Nuclear holocaust should get better as things get worse.
Jericho: 7/10

Post Apocalyptic America. Surviving in a small town with no idea whats going on in the rest of the country. 1st half of the 1st season was slow as they were doing the character building, but the 2nd half of the 1st season is where things really got interesting. I immediately jumped into the 2nd season, but it was only a few episodes long, which was too bad because the 2nd season was excellent from episode 1 till the end.

Keep watching, it gets better.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
2 weeks later really made that difference now its approaching 8 terriory, by the end of season 1(alot of episodes in season 1..its more like 2 seasons itself) things should start to approach Road Warrior(things have totally gone ape ****). Were still in Mad Max territory(agencies are still running, but things are a little nuts). Too bad it got canceled

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
what episode are you on?

Once the show picks up, it never really slows down again. s2 was short and sweet, but they knew the show was getting canceled.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2009, 08:59:15 PM »
Speaking of Jericho, I just found out the other day that there is a comic book miniseries coming out written by writers of the show that continues the storyline.

J.P. Corbran

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2009, 01:38:55 AM »
its getting good, especially since ep 12

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »
now I wish it never ended, Jericho got to be 10/10 at the end. I'm hoping the comic is as good as the show was.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
now I wish it never ended, Jericho got to be 10/10 at the end. I'm hoping the comic is as good as the show was.

I'm glad you share the same thoughts on Jericho that I did. It's a shame that I didn't start watching the show until long after it was canceled. But I probably wouldn't have stuck it out through the 1st half of the first season if I had to wait a week in between episodes for about 2.5 months.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »
I found out that besides the comic book, a movie might be in the cards too.

http://www.tv.com/story/12123.html
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/is-a-jericho-wrap-up-tv-m.php

speaking of good shows that got canned too early....Defying Gravity, i knew it would get canned. Or at least its in a shady hiatus mode before the season finished.