Author Topic: Mafia 88: Hey Pikmin, Four..m A Mafia! Day 10.  (Read 15104 times)

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 88: Hey Pikmin, Four..m A Mafia! Day 10.
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2022, 01:03:24 PM »
Cat-eaters unite! The President must be so happy that Cap'n Olimar brought in beaucoup contraband for Hocotate Freight!

Thanks to BeautifulShy for setting such a good foundation. To Xander for having to be sacrificed to get rid of a bomb rock. I tried to get Wah to vote for Luigi Dude or hoped he'd pick TOPHATANT (who had a vote at the time), but he picked Xander and I had to go along. To ShyGuy for being the best one-day Mafia member ever! And to Stratos, for seeing it all through.

It's funny that the things I complained about (all the No Votes) did what I feared and ended up making the game go so long the detective could sus everyone out (besides not allowing townie votes except for Crimm near the beginning of the game). That combined with the Mafia having to be careful about hits, I thought it would doom the whole effort. But that made the game last so long that the disadvantage started to come around to the Mafia's favor. I thought when stevey the bomber was gone, that had to be it. No fear from the townies on voting people out. But Stratos was able to weave his way to victory!

To Plugabugz: Sorry about your troubles while traveling. I hope things are better now.

To Khushrenada: Thanks for another great game. The longer the game went on, the more I appreciated the ruleset. Though i think part of that was from an academic interest with an eye to future games since I felt the Mafia was going to be a goner!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend trip!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2022, 03:21:37 PM »
What a crazy game! Congrats to all the Mafia winners, and a special mention to ShyGuy who really earned it.

TOPHATANT123, why are you talking as if you lost? You won the game brah, strut your stuff!

So wait, if TOPHATANT123 is the doctor and already knew ThePerm was the investigator, that makes the events of day 3 all the more confusing to me. Why would he withdraw his vote on Crimm to tie up ThePerm in votes with Crimm and No Vote? This made ThePerm vulnerable to anyone who could swoop in and plop a vote on ThePerm. As a matter of fact, I was about to do just that, but I changed my mind at the last minute after seeing a PM from ThePerm. I wonder how things would have gone from there otherwise...

Thanks for hosting Khushrenada!

Not to mention this part in the rules.

They cannot protect or save anyone from the Day Vote.

So if the Vote Master decided to save Crimm over Perm then a doctor's protection wasn't going to save Perm in a vote.
A win by technicality, but you're right a win nonetheless.

On day 3 my rationale was that I didn't want to associate myself with the detective if I didn't have to. So I went with abstention with the possibility of switching to a no vote if needed. After day 3 though I stopped dancing around it and just joined the no votes.

What I meant before is that if I had gone into the endgame with stacked protections instead of using them, I could have saved Order, ThePerm and myself from recruitment and the game would have been a victory for the townies. Unless Order had duped us and was really the godfather.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2022, 12:36:22 PM »
I was waiting to see if a recap would answer this question: I was curious, who was the hit target the night that it backfired and took out BeautifulShy?

And was the day one Vigilante jab at Pokepal148 really just a lucky stab of revenge, or was there more to the story?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:38:09 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2022, 01:33:01 PM »
I know. Trying to spin too many posting plates on these forums. Topic and Songs and Forum Events and Mafia Wrap-ups. With the conclusion of Forum Feb, my next goal was to now finish off the Mafia Wrap-up I said would be coming. I was thinking I may have the time to do that tonight so it may finally arrive now and I'll just let Song of the Day continue to languish.

As for your questions, I'll give you the answers to those now anyways since you all have been waiting long enough for some of these details.

The hit target was Plugabugz but he had a damage effect that was not fire. I think it was water but I'll have to check my Excel sheet later tonight to be certain.

As for Wah, the Vigilante, he read up on the role and sent in the order to hit pokepal148 and to become a Killer. When the results were posted the next day, he then decided to back away from the Killer stance and just stick to be aligned with the townies. It was a lucky stab of revenge. To my knowledge, Wah was pretty much operating on his own all game.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2022, 07:57:54 PM »
Yeah in hind sight I'm thinking it may have been best to just make the hits myself as the Godfather since I had health to make multiple ones. That could have saved B-Shy from an early death. Maybe make hits until I lost one health bar then lean on pikmn so I still would have one bar I could lose in the end game if I had to without losing the whole game.

I agreed that the No Votes helped to drag the game out, but I think it was more dragged out by both sides being very cautious. Townies were afraid of hitting the bomber, and the Mafia were afraid of losing pikmin due to status effects. After losing B-Shy I became extremely cautious, especially as I lost more pikmin.

So now I'm more fine with the No Votes, they work well enough. The one thing I did not like was how the investigator got notified if their prior targets were turned. That felt like it was too much. It basically mean that anyone I turned would just be offed the next day. They should have to be re-investigated to know if there was a change.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast