Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 415991 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #1075 on: March 30, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »
Pretty soon. Pokepal148 is hosting it and he was thinking mid-April in a few posts up. Haven't heard anything since so have to see what his plan is. I know he recently broke under the pressure of missing out on BotW and purchased a copy a short while after it released so maybe he is too focused on that to remember he's got a game coming up. I'm sure we'll find out shortly what his plan is.

Okay sounds good.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 01, 2017, 02:28:56 AM »
Oh darn, i forgot to bug Insanolord for mod powers and i want to get sign ups going today that way if this goes the way two thirds of my mafia games have gone so far I can just declare the whole thing to be an April Fools joke.

I'm just going to dump the sign up thread in the funhouse and let Khushrenada deal with it. I have a long day of work tomorrow that I'd like to get to sleep for. Sign ups are due on the 16th.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 01, 2017, 03:24:23 AM »
let Khushrenada deal with it.

Can do and done.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1078 on: April 01, 2017, 09:28:12 AM »
lol i still have mod powers XD
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 01, 2017, 05:27:14 PM »
lol i still have mod powers XD

Well, of course. You can be trusted with mod powers and you are one of the all time top posters one here. It's only right that you have some kind of moderating ability.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 01, 2017, 05:31:58 PM »
Don't worry Lucario, Khush makes sure to treat all of his dupe accounts well and you are no exception! Of course he needs his dupes to have mod powers too. All the better for him to carry on in this grande charade. He also nurtures and protects Insanolord's dupes, because this is all a big game to them, and we are their chess pieces. The real enemy is SUPER and his army of dupe accounts. They are really at war with him. Khush successfully turned the entire board into my dream mafia game of dueling hosts. We are all dupes of either SUPER, Khushrenada, or Insanolord. Khush and Insanolord decided to join forces to stop SUPER, but they have to keep up the appearance of being "chummy forum rivals" so that SUPER does not suspect a thing.

So now we need to pick sides and post to the death!

Who will you join?

#FreeSUPER
#WhoTheHellNeedsSleepWhenYouHaveBaseballSims
#NotKhushrenada
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:33:57 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1081 on: April 26, 2017, 05:30:52 AM »
I DEMAND DAY 2!
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 28, 2017, 08:49:58 PM »
So I'm getting the itch to host a game once more. And I am out of school this summer. Also, I am going to be changing out of my current role into a more career fitting role that will have NORMAL work hours. Would love to host #76 if we want to keep going. I'd probably bring back my Eternal Darkness mafia or do a Breath of the Wild Yiga Clan theme.
My Game Collection

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1083 on: June 06, 2017, 04:31:13 AM »
I'll take 77 too already have a nice idea lined up...
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 06, 2017, 04:51:58 AM »
Well bless your hearts. I wasn't sure we'd make it to Mafia 75 but by all that is wrong in this world it looks like we're not only going to pull it off but you want to keep on going past 75 and onwards.

Who am I to dampen such enthusiasm? Khushrenada, moderator of the Mafia Forums, that's who. Requests denied!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 06, 2017, 04:53:23 AM »
Nah, I wouldn't do that.

To keep the enthusiasm going, I have updated the OP to show Stratos has claimed Mafia 76 and Lucario has claimed Mafia 77. I even left open spots for Mafia 78, 79, 80. *Gasp* Looks like we're dreaming big on more Mafia games.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 06, 2017, 05:11:29 AM »
You know, as I've been re-reading past Mafia games to find Maxi BeautifulShy quotes I can use (whether they fully work in the context of the game or not), I realize it has been a long time since I've looked back on some of these Mafia games. So many games with such great moments.

It reminded me of an idea I had years ago when people suggested forumers doing a podcast and someone threw out the idea of how I could talk about Mafia lessons. What I'd rather do is have a podcast looking back at each of the games of Mafia we've played. I'd love to have a round table discussion with a lot of players going through past games and hearing people's thoughts as we revisit them. What they remember, what they've forgot. Lessons learned. Chances to brag on moments. Dramatic readings / recreations of the game. I've still got all my private messages from Mafia 7 (Pokemafia) and on of what I sent and what I received. A lot more of these games could be revealed now than had been shared since there were still a lot of secrets and messages one might have wanted to protect at the time that don't matter too much now.

The only problem is that some of the people I think would be key to including in such a look back have kind of moved on. I'd want Pyropizm around for those early games before I started playing for his insights as host and getting the game launched on the forums. I think S-U-P-E-R and Bill would be key for that as well. Fortunately, stevey and nickmitch are still going strong so they provide a great link to the early games. Wandering, is another person that I think would be beneficial to have on a few episodes. Vudu was such a big force in so many games and his personality in his posts makes me think he would make a great regular to have on for all the games he played. It gets a bit easier as we move on to the second half of games played with a lot of the same players still around over all this time. As small and niche of an audience as this program might be, I still think it would be pretty cool for all former mafia players and other forum members may find it interesting to hear the game described in a different way than how they read it or it is presented here.

Anyways, it's a pipe dream but one I've been fantasizing on as I read some of these old games and the heat of the moment arguing that happened in them.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 06, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »
I'd be willing to record, edit, and post it since I used to help run/host a podcast. We should try and assemble some folks this summer.

We could also do a "live chat audience" where folks without a microphone could still join in and comment and the speakers would read the comments. Could allow for more people to participate.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 11, 2017, 02:11:50 PM »
So, we had a low turnout of 13 players, but even with that, around half ranged from fairly inactive to never showed. How does anyone expect this game to continue beyond 75? I barely see life as it is now.

...And yet, I just keep signing up. Oh, Mafia games, I know you're bad for me, and yet I just can't seem to quit you...!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 11, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »
Maybe we can do some recruiting during E3? New blood on the forums means new victims to murder-lynch.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 28, 2017, 06:07:58 PM »
Well, we are now on the threshold of Mafia 75. We made it like I thought we could.

Now, I'm sure some of you are eager to get to the next game but, due to my intent to make this a special game, I want to do some prep work and see if I can reach out to some long time lapsed users to have them come by for one more hurrah.

Part of the prep work has been determining a theme. We have covered a lot of different things over 75 games and while I could do an original theme, like the early games or my Wild West theme for example, I'd rather stick with a brand that allows for more jokes and roleplay if possible like we've been able to experience in Lucario's games. At the same time, it helps to have something with a lot of characters and preferably ones that flexible as to being possible good or bad to make the story and roles not seem against type. F-Zero could work and it might make a fitting bookend to be the theme of my first game hosting and possibly last game hosting but I just don't think it's popular enough. A Legend of Zelda theme hasn't happened but with Breath of the Wild and some of the other side characters from past games, it could possibly now work in this regard.

However, I think the best choice would probably be Pokémon for the amount of games it sells and popularity it enjoys. We've only had one Pokémon Mafia game and that was back in Mafia 7 so it's not like the theme has been overdone. Of course, I'm not sure how much character one can get out of a Pokémon but there are other humans, I suppose. The other issue is having not really played most Pokémon games and having only gotten to the second gym in LeafGreen, I'm not really an expert on Pokémon though I have time to read up and study on the games for that.

Unless someone has an idea for a theme I'm not thinking of (or one that might be worth repeating), this is sort of where my thinking is as I begin working out these details. I thought I'd mention it now and let everyone know what the current plan is and to allow for some feedback ahead of time.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 28, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »
I think we should do NewsRadio again.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1092 on: June 28, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »
If you want to do Pokémon there is tons of Let's Plays on YT.  Chuggaconroy has a ton of Pokémon LPs.

As for Zelda I would be open to that as well since it hasn't been done before. 

As for future games why don't we end them on 100?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 28, 2017, 09:09:41 PM »
I vote for Zelda/Breath of the Wild. There could be a lot of meme worthy content there. You could run an entire game with Tingle as the theme and have a blast.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1094 on: June 29, 2017, 09:57:05 AM »
If Zelda is picked than I do know what character I want to roleplay as.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 30, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »
It doesn't really matter, it isn't like people will post anyway. :(

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1096 on: June 30, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
All the name changes are so confusing!  :P:
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1097 on: July 01, 2017, 02:13:13 AM »
It will change tomorrow most likely.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1098 on: July 01, 2017, 02:27:57 AM »
I want an Fire Emblem one
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 01, 2017, 03:06:04 AM »
I think we should do NewsRadio again.

Hey now, that game was magical like the Waluigi game. Trying to recreate that magic would only end in disappointment. That game was a special tribute to you. You got to bore us all with soccer talk and terminology while still getting to enjoy NewsRadio quotes and gifs from the players. That game was a Mafia gift to you. Plus, you'd probably need to host since you don't seem to roleplay well as a player but I've proven that I can take a theme and run wild with it (or with something else in the NewsRadio case) to make it memorable.

I want an Fire Emblem one

That's actually a very good idea. Problem is that I know less about the Fire Emblem series than I do about the Pokémon series. I'm not the right host for that theme.