Author Topic: Pikachu Edition 3DS XL Coming to North America March 24  (Read 2119 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
Pikachu Edition 3DS XL Coming to North America March 24
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:51:43 AM »

Electrical shocks from the device are completely intentional...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33559

It's official, the Pikachu Edition 3DS XL is coming to North America on March 24, releasing alongside Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

The unit has a yellow, Pikachu emblazoned outer-shell, and is white on the inside. It comes with a 4GB SD card, and carries an MSRP of $199.99.

The announcement also confirms our own Neal Ronaghan's 2013 predictions, heard in episode 67 of the Connectivity podcast. Congratulations, Neal! The unit was previously released in Japan and Europe last year.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Pikachu Edition 3DS XL Coming to North America March 24
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
I really want this! At the same time I don't... I carried my Special Yellow Pikachu DS Lite through most of last gen. It had a very nice and modest Pikachu stamp on it, so it wasn't all in your face with its Pokemon affiliation. Still I'm actually liking this but I'm not sure if I want to go for it. 

I did my original 3ds transfer and lost Pokedex data. That doesn't matter now since I got the over priced new one with almost all the Pokemon unlocked. I also lost my NSMB2 data. I can only imagine it was because of it being my only download title but now I have Fire Emblem downloaded and don't want to risk that data until I'm done with my first run.

Please everyone tell me what to think!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline eggwolio

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »
Just what North America needs: nipple cameras. Woohoo!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
NippleChu we can now have you...
Blah...
When are we going to get a good Special Edition?

I would have liked a Purple and Green Lugie Mansion one.

I really want this! At the same time I don't... I carried my Special Yellow Pikachu DS Lite through most of last gen. It had a very nice and modest Pikachu stamp on it, so it wasn't all in your face with its Pokemon affiliation. Still I'm actually liking this but I'm not sure if I want to go for it. 

I did my original 3ds transfer and lost Pokedex data. That doesn't matter now since I got the over priced new one with almost all the Pokemon unlocked. I also lost my NSMB2 data. I can only imagine it was because of it being my only download title but now I have Fire Emblem downloaded and don't want to risk that data until I'm done with my first run.

Please everyone tell me what to think!
Sincerely,
Nipple-Envy in Johto

Dear Nipple-Envy,

This is a clear distinction of your Pokemon Pride.  You can already play 3DS games.  You must determine if your need to be a Poke-Fan Snowflake outweighs the potential cost of Killing Chrom... Again.  Are YOU Manly enough to not care about the Nippliness of your 3DS.  The Happiness of the Yellow Electromouse that will be your ever companion while you try to be the Very Best.  Like no one has Before.  If not then patience is a virtue and you can wait for a different XL if you so chose.

Concerned Ceric
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Vrgin X

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
I still have to get another 3DS before X/Y come out, but this ain't it.

I'd rather have badass Charizard 3DS XL if I wanted a Special Edition Pokémon one.
Vrgin X 4425-1527-9290

Offline house3136

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:14:27 PM »
 For those interested, apparently Target is selling 3DS XL’s for $160 on the 24th, including the Pikachu model. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50137752&postcount=1

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »
Ceric actually convinced me not too and now House turns me back around... Back at square one.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
Ceric actually convinced me not too and now House turns me back around... Back at square one.
I thought The Arts taught Disciplin and Conviction :P
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
If this is the "Year of Luigi" shouldn't they be releasing a Luigi 3DS? They did Fire Emblem and now Pokemon why are they not doing Luigi?