Author Topic: Bit Generations  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bit Generations
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:07:37 PM »
Anyone else import any of these games?  I don't understand Digidrive at all. D:
GOREGASM!

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
RE: Bit Generations
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 02:46:15 AM »
I guess not.
I hate the Plazma GP in Dotstream. *cries*
GOREGASM!

Offline Cap

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Bit Generations
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »
well i didnt import the games, but i would like to play them. after reading about the games at ign, i'm hoping that nintendo will release them here, hopefully all on one or two cart's.  

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »
I got Dotstream, Orbital, Soundvoyager, and Digidrive.  I like all four, though I suck really bad at Digidrive even after learning how it works. :<

Anyway, they're definitely worth checking out if they do ever release them here or if you decide to import 'em. (:
GOREGASM!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:59:49 PM »
You know, these games would make a great way for Nintendo to show appreciation to their North American market.

If they made these things available to say, people who had registered 12 or more games or had a subscription to Nintendo Power for the price of $25.00, I think you'd see these games bought up fast. Especially if they packaged them the way they did the Japanese versions. It would be a big collector item and a great way to encourage more people to stick with Nintendo for exclusives like this.

They might see a jump in subscriptions or more people registering their products. Plus, they still make back a bit of maoney so it's not a total loss for all the packaging. So far, the best thing Nintendo's done here was the Zelda gamecube discs where you could get all those old Zelda games.

Personally, I would love to get these games and I love the way they look, packaging and graphics. I would get them in a flash if Nintendo gave an offer like that.

On another note, this reminds me of an idea I've had for awhile that I think Nintendo should try. They should make one month of the year (preferably one with few games coming out like June or July) where they release a bunch of quirky Japanese games. They could give the games a special label or packaging to promote this. Games like Rythm Tengoku, Giftpia, Mother 3, Band Brothers, Project Hacker, Tingle RPG, Legend of Quiz Championship Tournament, and a bunch others I can't think of at the moment. These are games that might not sell that much on their own (though some of you may debate that about certain titles) but by giving them a special label and a special time of release, they may actually sell quite well. Especially, if released at a time when there are not many other games coming out, like the summer droughts when they're not selling many games anyway.

This way, you don't have to make a huge batch of games and hope they sell, you don't have to worry about the games being lost in the shuffle of big releases, you give the games a brand or recognizable label, you have a chance to see if you can establish a new franchise, you don't have game droughts, it gives you a way to appease some fans (even if they are a minority) by bringing over titles they've comic booked about and a chance to open up and expand your market.

The truth is, lately things seem to be improving a bit with the importing. Nintendo's bring Elite Beat agents over, something I never thought they'd do. As well as other software coming over that didn't seem likely, such as The Tower (though this was Sega), and Electroplankton and Tamagotchi Corner Shop. I think even Brain Training was something that seemed at first like it might be Japan only, but after it picked up steam in sales, it was then decided to bring over. Plus, Nintendo has talked about making their virtual library import free, so it seems they're starting to open up a bit and take some chances with our market.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.  
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Smoke39

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:42:26 PM »
I like both of those ideas.  The first'd be a nice perk for registering stuff, but the second in particular sounds like a cool way to promote funky games with a unique Japanese flavor.

PS we totally need more Goemon localized.
GOREGASM!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:50:23 PM »
So, does anyone have anything to say about this idea? Or does everyone just not care? Perhaps you think this is only a thread for Smoke39? Or maybe you're shocked at Wandering being banned, Animecyberrat coming back, Ty losing his mod powers and Kirby_Killer_Dedede actually coming back to these forums and posting something in the Zelda TP thread in the Gamecube section? Yes/No/Maybe So.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 11:10:51 PM »
I grabbed Coloris, Dotstream and Soundvoyager when I imported Rhythm Tengoku (with free stickers!).  I love Coloris and Dotstream.  Haven't played Soundvoyager yet.  I'll probably get the rest just for the hell of it, too.
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Khushrenada
Or maybe you're shocked at Wandering being banned, Animecyberrat coming back, Ty losing his mod powers and Kirby_Killer_Dedede actually coming back to these forums and posting something in the Zelda TP thread in the Gamecube section? Yes/No/Maybe So.
I'm actually more surprised that PaLiDin came out of hiding to post in the Leipzig Hype thread.  

Originally posted by: Aussie Ben PGC
I imported Rhythm Tengoku (with free stickers!).
You should post your impressions in my Rhythm Tengoku thread.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!