Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 462146 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2003, 03:59:58 PM »
Aw hell, I'm such a dildo. I didn't sleep last night. At all, and at 3:40 AM-ish, I decided I'd go and trade in Wreckless and X-Men towards Contra on PS2.

So I walk into town about 9-ish this morning. Hmmmm, nobody's around. A winner is me!

Get to the mall. Hmmmm, doors are shut.

Hmmmm, it's Friday.

Hmmmm, it's good Friday. GAH!

Quick, Mario, bring Perfect Dark and your expansion Pak! Arrr, it's been ages since I've played that (I traded in my N64 with 20 games when the PS2 launched. Yeah, I was uh... Drunk. Now I have an N64 again, but expansion paks are hard to get now!)

And Termin8, c'mon, we have to boot up the PS2 at least for Burnout 2 sessions =)

As for N64 games, I've got

- Smash Bros.
- WWF Warzone (insane fun in 4-player, honest!)
- GoldenEye
- Pod Racer
- Quake 2
- Rayman 2

Ummmmm..... And... Other... Games which I can't place my finger on. I may have F-Zero X by the time you all rock up tomorrow, that's if shops are open tomorrow (?), because I remember seeing F-Zero at Cash Convertors for $14 with box and all a few days back.

That reminds me, what time are you all getting here?

And PIAC, be on MSN tomorrow night, it'll be like your almost here =)
Or if you had Super Man's powers, you could be here now! *Shakes fist*

Damn Super Man, hogging his powers.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 17, 2003, 05:16:14 PM »
when am i ever not on msn leave it on constantly but ill be there!!!
btw, I HAVE A PLANET GAMECUBE SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was itchy :S had to wash it. but my clothesline is now hte most stylish clothesline ever!!!!!!!!!!

Offline joeyjojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 17, 2003, 07:09:45 PM »
termin8:

i dont have a phone, but send your number to my email and ill give you a call.
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 18, 2003, 01:59:09 AM »
Infernal:
We'll be there at, traffic permitting, around 5, 6 or 7pm.
We'll order pizza when we get there.

I'll bring the N64 Gamer Multiplayer Night issue as well.
And all my N64 and Gamecube games.
And don't worry about F-Zero X, cause I already have it.

And Joey, my number should be in your inbox already.

Oh, and yeah, we can play burnout 2 on PS2. I didn't know you had that game, is all.
just no XBox then.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 18, 2003, 06:47:15 AM »
oh nooooooo,

me so wasted......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

its 1:40am. just ate some spicy spagetti and juice. very nice. but i really hope its gonna be enough to get me healthy and fit for tomorrow.

aaaaaaaaaaa. i think im gonna wake up in a few hours and say to myself,
"why?!! WHAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAEYR>E:>"

ok, well, i think ive scared yallllllllzzz enough for tonighthtt. cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

oh yeah. im gonna beat you all so much in smahs bros wooo!

billyz gone. oh well too bad man. dont really care n this kind of state that im inn at the momo.

bed time for jojo. cya tomoz. i got ya number termin8.

ok. "im not weird" cya
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2003, 05:21:47 PM »
Heh, I logged on after I went into town. Ah well, now I too have F-Zero X =P
And I saw an N64 controller while I was there, a shiny gold one. $5. I asked the lady if I could check it out, she took it out of the cabnit, and I discovered the joystick had SNAPPED OFF, and the dicks had just put it back on with blue-tack. Pffftt. I showed it to her, and she laughed and PUT IT BACK IN THE DISPLAY CABNIT.

Gah.

Ah well, see ya at 5-6-7-ish o'clock rock.

w00t!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2003, 08:04:03 PM »
Hey fellas. You can get a brand new N64, at EB Bankstown, for $49.95!
I feel sorry for it, cause it's the unwanted piece of hardware on top of the shelf.

And I saw Target still selling Majora's Mask.....for $99.95!
RIP OFF!

And I have my name reserved for the big Samus stand!
They told me that the reps come in and take it away, so i just put my name ad number on it. It's as good as mine!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2003, 09:20:32 PM »
oh man, i watched about 10 hours of the Seinfeld marathon on good friday....i think i'm turning into Kramer!  Get out!

yikes, i'm never going to have a pizza again....that story was gross...

EDIT: oh yeah, i forgot to tell ya, wednesday night got funny.....we were playing monkey target 2 and my friend was getting pissed off that i was accumulating so many points.  so, at the start of the next round, he attempted to hit me off the platform, but resulted in himself rolling off!  it was hilarious and i couldn't stop laughing throughout the round...

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2003, 02:44:07 AM »

Heh, I logged on after I went into town. Ah well, now I too have F-Zero X =P
And I saw an N64 controller while I was there, a shiny gold one. $5. I asked the lady if I could check it out, she took it out of the cabnit, and I discovered the joystick had SNAPPED OFF, and the dicks had just put it back on with blue-tack. Pffftt. I showed it to her, and she laughed and PUT IT BACK IN THE DISPLAY CABNIT.
I ripped the joystick out of my first N64 controller. Not on purpose of course but througha bike accident. I had the controller in my pockey going to my friends house. But yeah, I skidded for 10 metres underneath my bike acroose a bitumen road and it just tso happens hat the side of my body the controller was in was the side i fell to. Thatr was ages ago though. and had little relevance but yeah, N64 joysticks suck.

WHile were bithcing about shops, it turns out that my local harvey norman actually hadn't recieved metroid prime yet, and that they'd ring me when they get it. Thats right, they still havent gotten it.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2003, 12:01:34 AM »
Hey fellas.
I just woke up from sleeping all day.
Now I have to go to a Movie Marathon later tonight too!
Man...
It was a cool night.
We actually started off by playing Burnout 2 on PS2. Pretty enjoyable, especially the Crash mode.
The pizza came, and we put on Next Gen Video's E3 2002 DVD.
Later I, of course, proved how crap I was at Super Smash Bros (both of them), and Chris, kicked everyone's asses.We put on Mario Kart 64, and to say the least, Joe kicked all our asses. Chris, Lance and I just kept crashing everywhere, and we just sucked.
I went off and played Metroid Prime for a while (I've never played it properly yet!).
Timesplitters 2 was very cool. And I even surprised myself by coming second! haha. It was such a long session of that game everyone had VERY sore trigger fingers. It's crazy action. Very good.
Then, we put on what I think was the ruling game of the night. Super Monkey Ball 2. We did crazy bowling first. Which was utterly crazy.
but I think the most fun we had was with the challenge mode. Advanced. It kept us going for like ages. Lance got eliminated first at the Dribbles stage, as did Chris. I was eliminated at the, I think the Launchers stage, and Joe just kick us all, but got eliminated at stage 29, the second last stage. Bugger you Joey!
We then put on Monkey Tennis, which provided heaps of fun for about an hour, then we put on the old Monkey Ball, and played Monkey Target, which was quite different considering I'm used to the one in SMB2.
It was around 3am at this stage.
And I wanted to finish Eternal darkness for the last time. I was at Alex's stage, and after a long time of doing the whole tedious summoning thing with the spires, I got up to Pious. And died just when I was about to do the finishing blow. Damn. So, I went and did it again. Then died, again, just when i was doing the finishing blow. Arrrgh! In frustration, I just turned it off. I'll get you Pious.
We were just so damn tired after that. Not even the ten glasses of Pepsi could keep us hypo for the night. I went to sleep on the couch for a while, before being woken up by the sounds of Sonic Mega Collection being booted up. Ahh..the...uh...memories. I think Sonic 3D was quite funny, but it looked cool. We played mainly Sonic 2.
I asked if we could put on Sonic Adventure 2. So we did. And I have to tell ya, it's one wierd game. Fast, but not polished like Nintendo's titles.

The I played Zelda on Chris's GBA SP, while the rest watched Lance fighting the final boss fo Metroid Prime. I don't think he beat it, but we unlocked the original Metroid after that.
Then we played Zelda Four Swords, which proved to be great fun. It's really competetive too. And really slack the way we just picked each other up and threw each other into the holes in the ground. It was fun.

Then, to end the night, Joe went to sleep, and we played Burnout 2 again until the sun went up.
Then we went home.  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2003, 12:22:20 AM »
*Attempts to type*

Heh, yeah, it was one crazy night. Happy happy joy joy!

.. And wouldn't you know it, I completed Metroid about an hour after you all left. I wasn't even paying attention this time, and.. I beat it. Damn, too late to leech off Joe's GC/GBA link for the Fusion suit =D

Iiieee, I need sleep. But... Can't... Sleep.
Oh well. Maybe if I catch the last 10 mins of 'In Laws' on Channel 10, it'll put me to sleep.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2003, 01:27:01 AM »
sure sounds like one heck of a night, HECK I SAY!! see the internet can bring joy to the homes of nintendo gamers everywhere ^_^ isn't it such a warm and fuzzy feeling? but dont forget touch fuzzy get dizzy! (playing yoshi on snes atm )

so sayeth PIAC the spirtual gaming night attendee =\

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2003, 01:51:45 AM »
lol, "Touch Fuzzy, Get Drunk!"

I loved that stage. I used to hit the puffballs on purpose just to see the cool effects (Well, it was pretty impressive in '95!)

Ahhhhh, my eyes. They're going to roll out from their sockets any second now...

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 20, 2003, 01:54:21 AM »
all right.  that's it.  i'm never going to eat while watching Seinfeld again.  i was watching more of the marathon today.  and damn, i was eating my lunch and then, bingo, i bursted into laughter, and the food in my mouth goes right up into my nose!  horrible, just horrible.  oh yeah, i bet you wish i didn't tell ya that story?  (in case you were wondering, the episode i was watching was the hot tub)

seems likes you Sydney guys had a lot of fun.  but playing monkey ball was incomplete without me!!!!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 20, 2003, 04:11:49 AM »
Oh, you were there.
Super Monkey Ball 2 was the most fun game of the night.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 20, 2003, 04:24:30 AM »
nice to know i'm popular!  lol

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 20, 2003, 07:12:15 PM »
hey hey hey.

thanx heaps for the hospitalities, not to mention excellent drink service on saturday lance. if i had a few dudes off the net at my house playing games, i'd be thinking, "soooo, i wonder which of these guys is gonna try and steal some of my games? whats the deal with this old bearded dude dropping corn chips on the floor and on himself".  

oh and by the way. termin8's post wasnt exactly accurate. you see, i think you'll find that the night was a non-stop grand display of my owning power. ESPECIALLY in smash bros where i never lost. although i must note that chris showed great valour and always came a CLOSE second.

i think the best part of the night was when i caught the train home at 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever the time it  was in the morning and eating a discusting vending machine cookie on the station and feeling the frostbite set into my face and hands. mmmmmm, love that feeling. especially when you havent slept, and the train ride takes about half an hour or more, and then you have to walk from the station and then you get home and your dog tries to lick your face and then your whole family's up and making noise and the sun is shining and then you sleep for 3 hours and wake up cause someones called for you and you go back to sleep and wake up and go to your friends place and hire out some more games and play burnout 2 and you have to have a shot of tequila if you dont get a high enough score and if you lose 3 times you have to drink a glass of cheap wine and your whooping ASSSSSSSSSSSS but the you hit a losing streak and then next thing you know your heads sinking between the cushions and you cant go on and you crack open another beer but you cant bring yourself to drink it and you open up the sofa bed and crash and wake up cause the computer in the room has msn running and it goes "DOONG" cause someone signed in or something and you get up and ride your girly pink bike with your phat 80's stack hat and go to maccas and eat some lard in a bun and get home and write a post.

this is joeyjojo singing off.
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 20, 2003, 08:39:46 PM »
Yeah well....I can't remember that much anymore.
Two nights in a row of all-nighters is a killer.

A night at Lance's, then a night at the movies. Man, I am REALLY bummed out.
And now I gotta start an assignment due tomorrow.
Arrrgh!
And then there's an assignment due Thursday!
Double Arrrrgh!

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 20, 2003, 10:22:28 PM »
dude i was kidding about the owning in smash bros. i used a new type of humour called sarcasm.
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 20, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »

Originally posted by: joeyjojo
cause someone signed in or something and you get up and ride your girly pink bike with your phat 80's stack hat and go to maccas and eat some lard in a bun and get home and write a post.

Dude, that sounds like an awesome ride, pink and everything. All I've got are these damn legs. I need a unicycle. Then I'd like, jump into the world of Unirally on SNES, and I'd attempt to have my name as "crap" and the SNES would go "NOT COOL ENOUGH"

So I'd get mad, mad and tired. So then I'd like, start singing songs really loud in the middle of no-where, and people would appear out of the blue and go "Aw yeah, cool man"

THEN, I'd get a contract with a record label, and start pumping out really crap songs that are full of swearing and I'd become a zillionare. I'd then go to McDonalds, ask how much a 40c ice cream cone is, and make it last for months.

Mmmmm, I'm really enjoying this so called 'Iced cream'

AW NO MY FOOD IS BURNING!!!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 21, 2003, 01:00:30 AM »
Awesome night guys, especially when i was OWNING y'all in Smash Bros As soon as i got home i went straight to sleep but only for like 3 hours or somethin coz some sh!thead thought it was funny to start playing Resident Evil really loud in my room and wake me up from my beauty sleep, argh! Then like i went back to sleep for another few hours and it was alllllll guud. Btw, Termin8Anakin, im playin Eternal Darkness now and im just about to beat the boss and get the third ending, YAY! Oh and so much for that 3.33 bullcrap.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Sonic Mega Collection is cool, me want!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 21, 2003, 02:00:51 AM »
Arg, Mario! I totally forgot about your Sonic remix CD man, it's sitting in my burner drive ;_;

And the 3:33 thingy, I think that Nintendo rep was just making conversation. =P

"Yeah, so.. Uh, did you know if you put your GC upside down whilst playing Metroid Prime at 6:66 AM, Samus comes out of the TV and has hawt sex with you?"

'... But.. 6:66 AM isn't possible!'

"QUIET I KNOW ALL! CRUSH!"

'Arrrrh! Get off me!'

"CRUSH!"

'Stop saying that!'

Iiiiiieeee, why is Microsoft so crap to me tonight? Why must my MSN be shut down so many times in one night? WHY? Cleaning my ass. Bill Gates just wants my contacts so he can chat them up.

Please give out your credit card number and password in every sentence.

Bill Gates says:
so, u liek money baby?

Random user says:
yes

Bill Gates says:
i have lots, 4 i made windows

Random user says:
.. wait, windows? Glitch city?

Bill Gates says:
no, omg i make good programs, its just that ur not smart liek me

Random user says:
piss off geek boy

Bill Gates says:
omg i hate you. i can buy and sell ur ass!!!1 CRUSH!

Random user says:
Crush? What are you? 2 years old?

Bill Gates says:
no!! i am sinister!! the arcade game bad guy from sinister the arcade game!111 i hunger

Random user says:
... Indeed. Williams made Sinister. Not you.

Bill Gates says:
yeh i  made windows LOLZ i am better

Random user says:
actually, the old 1981 Sinister game was more advanced than Windows, dick.

Bill Gates says:

Random user says:
well?

Bill Gates says:
can i have ur computer details and personal info? not to spy, but to look for naked pics on ur hard drive

Random user says:
excuse me?

Bill Gates says:
CRUSH!

*Random user is offline*

Bill Gates says:
.... im so lonely

... Can you tell I'm bored?  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 21, 2003, 04:50:20 AM »
funny post.
all the hallmarks of a tired bugger like me.
I've got like 600 more words to write on my 1200 word essay.
And I've got nothing to write about.
Ahhh, the joys of doing an English-based course. You can bullsh*t your way through....as long as you have quotes to back it all up. Haha.

Mario, I haven't touched ED since Staurday.
I'm so pissed right now.
My eyes have that black crap underneath them, and they're blood red.
And I have yet ANOTHER all-nighter now cause of this F**KING assignment.
If I can pull this off again, and with that other assignment, I am King. I've still got it man. Last minute assignments are my speciality.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2003, 05:21:46 PM »

Arg, Mario! I totally forgot about your Sonic remix CD man, it's sitting in my burner drive ;_;

Oh crap fiddle pop tickens doom sticks, ARGH! I forgot0red too Bah! Anyhoo, im thinkin of getting Sonic Mega Collection now, its got alot more extras than i thought, well worth $89 i reckon. But i wanna get Golden Sun 1 and 2 and Yoshis Island on GBA too. Hmm, maybe ill flip a coin, a FOUR SIDED COIN!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 21, 2003, 07:00:03 PM »
yoshi is SOOOoOoOOOoOO fun!! get yoshi!!!
but then.. golden sun is soOoOOooOOOo awsome, perhaps you should get it, which would draw the natural conclusion of getting #2
but then, Sonic is sOOOOOooOoO nostalga erm.. thing, should get that too

>=D piac the unhelper of decsisions >=D