Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 462224 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2003, 11:41:02 PM »
Infernal Monkey you lucky bastard, have fun playing on the big tv. You should invite some people around and have like a game party or something... like with SSBM, timesplitters 2, and erm... other games *shrugs shoulders* But dont play Eternal Darkness whatever you do, you'll be so scared you wont be able to move for two weeks, what with all the stereo sound and big tv and all. Once i hooked up ED to the big screen with surround sound and that was the first time i experienced the bathroom scene, i was like *SPOILERS* hey look, theres a bath tub, i wondered if there was anything in it, i approached it and pressed b..... then like.... I GOT THE SH!T SCARED OUTTA ME! I swear i nearly had a heart attack, i couldnt sleep for a week. But it wasnt just that part that was scary, overall the game is just creepy, the sounds, the monsters, like after i finished it, everywhere i went i kept looking behind me all the time, you guys know what im talking about?

I cant believe Metroid Prime crashed on you. I just finished it for the second time and i havent had any hiccups... And yeah, it feels good seeing all those Metroid Prime commercials, i see like 5 every day It sold 4000 copies in its first week btw, which is ok, but Pokemon sold 17000 But i think Metroid will have good staying power, and obviously Pokemon too. Anyway, i got a SP today!!!!!!! WEEEEEE, its like the.... second best thing evah! Metroid Prime of course being the best The light is awesome, i love it!

Oh, and one last thing, My platinum SP > Piac's blueberry makeup kit.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 13, 2003, 12:35:23 AM »
What an excellent idea Mario!
There would be a little problem that Infernal lives in the Blacktown area, but other than that, it's a party unlike any other! The ultimate game mulitplayer night!
What do you say Infernal?
I can drive us there, I guess.
There would be Mario, myself, Joeyjojo, and anyone else who lives near us.
And we could put the pics on my website!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2003, 01:23:30 AM »
MY BLUEBERRY MAKEUP CASE > MARIO's erm.... SILVER MAKE UP CASE

oi fancy driving upto brisbane? >=D i could go for some gameing, haven't played a multiplayer game in eons =\ i have fifa 2003 and gauntlet dark legacy

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2003, 01:27:06 AM »
but what about folks like me from Melbourne? *sobs*

my parents have a 76cm flat widescreen TV and i usually get the TV most of the time when i want to play games or watch foxtel.  isn't that enough to get you guys to come to melbourne?  ha!

BTW, Termin8Anakin, you aren't the only one without metroid prime.  i'm focusing on finishing a link to the past (up to the 7th crystal).  this game is brilliant and the first of my zelda marathon..lol

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 13, 2003, 01:44:38 AM »
I'll take that as a yes Infernal. So what games should we play? Well how about i make a list...

Metroid Prime (hey we could take turns, ok i have an obsession with this game... theres nothing wrong with that... right?)
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Party 4 (its fun with 4 people trust me)
Timesplitters 2
Nightfire
Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
Sega Soccer Slam
Wave Race
Burnout 1, 2
Tony Hawk 3, 4
SSX tricky
NBA street, Courtside, whatever
Beach Spikers (awesome multiplayer)
Rocky
Medal of Honor
Sonic adventure 2: Battle
Bomberman Generations
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Cel Damage
Capcom vs SNK 2: EO
Dave Mirra BMX (lol, just kidding)
Fifa 2003
God: DAMM
Madden 2003
XG3
Mortal Kombat: DA
Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2
NHL 2002
Sonic Mega Collection
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2
The Simpsons Road Rage (i have this game on ps2, its pretty fun)
Ghost Recon
Worms Blast.....
erm.. im all out... we could play N64 as well! Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, Mario Tennis, Golf etc. never get boring! So when are we doing this Infernal?

EDIT: We could play GBA! I have two GBA's now that i got an SP. We could play four swords, Mario kart (you only need one game pak), and other stuff... *shrugs shoulders*

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2003, 01:47:25 AM »
Well, I could drive up to brisbane or down to melbourne, but then I can only drive one of you guys here, so you'll have to fight for the place in my car amongst yourselves. Haha.

And AiAi, I have A Link To The Past, but I have no GBA to play it on!
My dilemma worsens everyday.

I have a mighty 83cm TV, not flatscreen, but my Gamecube is hooked up to a great sound system.
I'll put a couple of pics up of my living room where my Gamecube lives. Oh, and I'll have a couple of my room to, though it will be NOTHING like PIACS room.

The closest thing I have to PIACS axes are the weapons I use for Kobudo (i think thats how you spell it). I have a pair of Sais (the three prong things that Elektra uses in Dardevil), a pair of tob-somthings (wooden things that look likt eh batons police use), and the stick thing that Donatello uses in Ninja Turtles, or more recently, Neo in Matrix Reloaded.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2003, 01:54:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Super Smash Bros Melee
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Capcom vs SNK 2: EO
Mortal Kombat: DA

bah... SOUL CALIBUR is the daddy and rocks on my and TV (err...parents TV)

as for my room, it is so small.  no room to fit a computer or TV.  heck, i could not fit a girl in if i invited her.  the only impressive things are my transformers toys, Duracell bunnys (drum and 1998 world cup, and they walk!) and joker hat.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2003, 01:59:29 AM »
You Imported Soul Calibur 2?
Or are you talking about the DC original?

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2003, 02:04:27 AM »
dreamcast version...sorry for the confusion

in the Computer Trader last week, there was an ad for Soul Calibur 2 (and other games) on the xbox for $10 on DVD-R.  sick ha?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2003, 02:08:21 AM »
Aha!
Proof that M$ Sucks!
Now they're ADVERTISING Pirated games?
Computer Trader, you make me sick. Or happy? I dunno.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2003, 02:19:32 AM »
no, MS were not advertising pirated games, a bootlegger was.  the swine.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2003, 02:29:13 AM »
yeah, thats what i meant.

thing is, M$ and co were practically advertising for piracy when they started selling burners.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 13, 2003, 02:35:13 AM »
yeah, i wasn't sure what you meant.

anyway, i'm keeping an eye on the price of games b/c i'm looking into selling some of my GC games via Computer Trader when i complete ED (i swear to myself i will during the easter break.  i haven't touched the game in 2 months).

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2003, 02:46:49 AM »
yeah. i haven;t played ED since i got Star Fox and SMB2.
I'm on the red path, my last one, and I WILL finish it. I swear. I wanna see this extended ending.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2003, 02:58:28 AM »
i'm on the red path too, which is my first.  i can't believed i chose it as it is the hardest path.   i can't be bothered to do the other paths once i complete the red path.  this game isn't holding my interest.  the story is nice, but it fails to immerse me in.

BTW, Wario Ware Inc. is coming out in June.  hurrah!  anyone else looking forward to this crazy game?  i wanna pick my nose!
*picks nose*

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2003, 04:19:24 AM »
YES! I cant wait for Wario Ware! It looks awesome! 5 second mini-games, oohh the excitement, i'll definately be picking up this game!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2003, 12:30:25 PM »
Haha, I like how this was organized =)

Yeah, you can all come over. It'd be fun-tastic (it's a word dammit!) I must warn you though, when I said big TV, I didn't mean it's a huge mutha, in fact, it's only 51 cm. I call it big because it's bigger than the one in my room =P

And my house is piss small, but yeah, we can still cause chaos in a multi-player frenzy.

*Looks over at $200* ... That's... Many pizzas! I've got plenty of crap around here if we somehow get bored of GameCube. Hmm, there's PS2, with all it's.. Uh... Two.. Player.. Fun. Saturn, Mega Drive, Master System, NES... I've got an N64 and a few games, both control pads are in terrible condition though..

Well, crap. My dog is nudging his food bowl. Damn fat thing, do dogs like Conflakes? They better.

Anyway, you can all organize a day, any day except Wednesday, because that's when I'll be acting like a dildo at the show =)

Oh, BTW, Wario Ware (Well, it was called Made in Wario) is fantastic. Got the chance to play that gem at a mates house last week via, emulator that is. It's got a whole stage set around the original GameBoy. It has Zelda, Gun Smoke, Duck Hunt, F-Zero and even Metroid mini-games! They all look like the NES version.
The Zelda one is cool, 5 seconds to avoid enemies and get to the door. Yay.

They also make fun of themselves in it. On the GameBoy, instead of "Dot Matrix with Stereo" it has "Do not Matrix with the Stereo"

Nintendo taking the piss out of themselves = Priceless

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2003, 02:15:15 PM »
Damn you guys. That would be sweet to have a Cube night. Pity I'm in Adelaide. Bah.

Hang on a sec. Let me do the maths...

House to self + people over + Metroid Prime = chance to rub their noses in it!

Yay! And lots of pizza too!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 13, 2003, 02:44:19 PM »
You know AiAi, Dennis Dyack said in that interview with PGC recently that he thought the green path was hardest.
I think he's wrong.
Red is by far the hardest. Man, how long does it take to kill those red zombies?!
You chop off their head, their two arms, and they're still walking around. You have to slash them like another 10 times in the torso before they go down. Then theres the whole thing where they regrow their limbs! Arrgh!

I'm up to Roberto Bianchi at the moment. The guy moves like a sloth raised by snails. And with those red zombies, you have no chance.

And hey Infernal, since all the kids are on school holidays at the moment, how about this friday night as a possibility?
We'll bring spare consoles and everything, cause, like N64 Gamer says, waiting between sessions is boring. Oh wait, there's only gonna be four of us, anyway. OK then, everythings cool.
Infernal Monkey, Termin8Anakin, Mario and Joeyjojo - the biggest multiplayer night evah!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2003, 02:58:49 PM »
Yup, Friday sounds good.

How's everybody gettin' here? I need to give out my mystical address soon-ish.

Anybody got any decent N64 controllers? I just found my third party one, it's the only one that's not loose as a $2 whore. My two official ones are ready for the bin =(

And GoldenEye is sitting there, mocking me!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2003, 03:06:19 PM »
I could drive there.
And pick up Mario and Joeyjojo.

I have two good N64 controllers. I'll bring 'em. The only two I have.

just email ur address to me, so everyone here doesn't see it and raid ur house or something.
amidalalover@hotmail.com
I need to see how I can get there anyway.
And if Mario and Joeyjojo want me to pick them up, they'll need to give me their addresses as well.
Haha.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2003, 03:41:21 PM »
OK everyone, keep Friday night to Saturday morning free.
We will have the best mulitplayer night this side of N64 Gamer!

I'll bring my sister's Pikachu (we need a mascot after all - N64 Gamer rules), unless someone else has something better.
This needs to be planned with careful precision, since Infernal, you live all the way out in Blacktown.

And would you look at that!
It's my 400th post!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2003, 04:44:15 PM »
*grumbles about West Australia's isolation*
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2003, 05:13:39 PM »
not driving upto brisbane to get me? and i have a snorlax mascot and all =\ and dogburt and eric cartman chef snoopy and marvin the martian =\
fine ill play my gamecube all on my own with my 4 pairs of arms

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2003, 05:14:19 PM »
LETS GET DIS PARTY STARTED!

man, im gonna have to do some serious time juggling. one of my best friends is having a party, and i may or may not have work on saturday morning. i can get out of work if i need to though.

oh yeah, i have a couple, or maybe even a few fairly decent n64 controllers.

i finished prime yay!
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers