Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 462132 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2003, 10:54:35 PM »
yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, i just got the thermal vision, got out of that room, then BAMM jumped and killed!! yarrrrrrrrrgh stupid confusing darkness!!!!!!!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2003, 02:22:23 PM »
And to get us even more confused, Chris has changed his nick to Mario......again.

Stop it will ya?
Bah.

Star Fox Adventures is kick ass baby.
Does anyone here have it?
I gotta ask something.

***SPOILERS***

I'm about to get my second Krazoa Spirit, and the test is 'The Test of Fear'.
Is there an easier way to pass it? My God, It is the most heart-poundingly tense part of the game I have played so far - very well done, I like how the Raptors sneak about behind the pillars and all, but it's just VERY frustrating. So, in other words, HELP?

***END SPOILERS***

EDIT:
Oh, and the Metroid commercial kicks ass. It does look grainy and all, but I think the game reviews at the end of it speak for themselves. Hopefully it's been a total kick ass success here.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2003, 04:29:50 PM »
Yeah, the Metroid ad was good. "In the darkness, only one thing lives: evil." I love that quote. I saw it twice in the Simpsons Hour on Friday night while 'studying.'

Haven't got that far into Metroid Prime - just got the Super Missiles power-up. I remember somewhere they mentioned the ragdoll physics of the Space Pirates when they are shot were realistic, and those flying pirates are damn realistic, especially when they crash and die. Awesome stuff.

Holidays! Five more days. But I have exams in between so Metroid will have to wait. My little bro is playing it for me, getting into Metroid. He has no idea about half of it, but he's still loving it.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2003, 05:29:31 AM »
*makes cameo appearance*

reading you guys crap on about Metroid Prime makes me jealos.
My local Harvey Norman is so fuking stupid. Before launch when I ask them if they are ordering any copies in the bloke is like, "No, we've had trouble selling GCN software (please note: their software range is pretty much EA Sport titles, Tony hawk and crap like Simpsons Road rage, no wonder it isn't selling) but we can order ina copy for you if you like. The guy gets on the computer and orders exactly ONE copy of the game. He gets my phone number but doesn't ask me if i'ld like to make a deposit because he figures Im the only person in town who wants the game.
You can pretty much guess what happens after this.
But because I can only make it into town on weekends (damn slow school bus) I went in on saturday and found the shelf empty, "mabye they havent got the game in yet", I thought, "NAL has fucked them around before" I thought. (Note: their SMS copies were a month late) I turn to see a life size cardboard cutout of Samus on my left. "Hmmm" I think. I ask the bloke about it (different person from the guy who ordered it) He didn't even know what I was talking about. I force him over to his computer and he says that they ordered a copy and it was sold out.
Thats right, They sold out of Metroid Prime instantly, because they have no fuking idea about who buys games in Busselton. They did have some other new GCN games in stock, namely Zapper, the Amazing Cricket (yes that's it's fuking name) which wil probably sit there until the end of time.
More proof that they know nothing: They order about 20 copies of DOA XBV for xbox. The local newsagent sold a record low nummber of copies of the last issue of hyper because it had that crappy game on the cover and people were embarrased to buy it (I boycotted the issue).
They have about 30 untouched copies of Tony 4 for PS2 and 7 Tony 3 for cube.
They ordered copies of Zapper the amazing Cricket for pc PS2 and xbox as well as their cube copy.
Somebody please shoot them.

So yeah I dont have prime yet.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2003, 12:57:26 PM »
Wow, that sucks RABicle. Hardly Normal are never good anywhere for GameCube games though, I think Jerry Harvey likes to piss on GC's in his mansion.

If you've got access to a credit card, I suggest you check here;
Top Shop

Metroid Prime for $94.45, free shipping. Only problem is that.. Uh, they're currently out of stock. But give them a few days...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2003, 03:44:26 PM »
Man, that DOES suck.
I wouldn't be able to live if I didn't have access to any decent stores for GC games.

I remember though that Harvey Norman has a bribery deal with M$, so I guess GC would be dead there.
Is there any other places you can go to get games RABicle? Surely there's a Big W, Target of Kmart near you.

And DOAXBV (what an acronym!) is THE biggest sex ad I have ever seen. No wonder there are no ads for it on TV. And though there IS a big interest in it (for the more obvious reason), I wouldn't be caught DEAD buying cosmetics and fashion items (except if it were with my girlfriend or something). But because the physics are so real, and the graphics are so good, it was ensured a place on gamers shelves.

And whats this? There is a CRICKET game on the GC? Where? I've never seen it. I've heard of Zapper though.

And hey, in the latest issue of CUBE (#7), it says that in Soul Calibur II, not only is Link in the game, but WIND WAKER LINK and GANNONDORF are in it too! Is this true? I have a hard time believing in CUBE, since the news is two months behind (but the reviews are current), so tell me please. True? Or False?

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2003, 03:50:20 PM »
There is a Target Country, who are clothes only and there is a Big W but it's in the nearby city of Bunbury, half an hours drive away. WHich isn't something I can do ona  semi regular basis to buy games. I'll try and persist wityh my Harvey Norman, forcing them to order me copies of good games (ie. Metroid, Zelda, Skies of Arcadia, Harvest Moon etc.)

And the game is called Zapper the amazing Cricket. it's a cricket (you know the insect) named zapper, and he's suppposeadly amazing or something.

Offline joeyjojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2003, 04:33:52 PM »
yeah. what IS up with Harvery Norman? They never have a game on its release, or anywhere near its release for that matter. I usually go to EB but Ive recently discovered Toys r Us is tha BOMB! i got metroid the day after it came out. it had sold out at EB, but alot of people overlook toys r us who seem to always have the goods on time aswell...
  So you got starfox termin8 ayyyy? i dont think theres anyway i could help you with that bit, but dont you think it sucks that you have to keep your eye on the little meter while all of the action is going on? and DAMN, its some pretty action too.
  personally i wasnt a big fan of SFA. there was just something missing, like difficulty. or maybe "that loving feeling".

"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2003, 10:45:33 PM »
Yeah, DOAXBV is just a game sold on sex appeal. One of my mates was given it by his girlfriend following a fight. That would be the only way I'd accept it.

As for Harvey Norman, they sell whatever is thrown at them, especially when they deal with Microsoft or Sony. I guess I'm lucky because I have two places nearby (I work at a Big W, just near EB) so I can get games with discount, or pricematch with EB.

As for that WW Zelda and Ganondorf rumour, I haven't heard it elsewhere. I don't believe it. I think it would have surfaced by now in Japan if it were true.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2003, 11:23:54 PM »
TAKE THAT YOU STUPID PILE OF ROCKS!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2003, 01:01:47 AM »
Wow. I think being given DOAXBV by your GIRLFRIEND is enough reason to give her a bit of luvin eh?
I had my sister try to play that part once, and I saw what was going on. Pretty pretty. At first I thought you had to mash A as fast as you can (like with the second test of the LightFoot tribe).

And yes. Those rocks had it coming. You tell them Mr PIAC.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2003, 05:13:11 AM »
Actually I would be seriously worried if my girlfriend gave me DOA:XBV I imagine the message would be "I'm not giving you anything more, use this instead"

Hey just wondering, have you guys bought the Hottest 100 Volume 10 yet? It's fantastic. Theres only one bad track on the two disks, but great songs like 6.66 by Salmon Hater make up for it.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2003, 01:15:47 PM »
Heh, I take it you finally gave that rolling rock boss of doom the thrashing he (or it maybe?) deserved PIAC? =)

Oh well, spent a bit of time with the 5 $20 games yesterday. Let's break it down! Wikky wikky waa.

Rocky:
Actually a really good game. Not serious like Knockout Kings (KOK, ha ha), and not 100% comical arcade fun like Ready to Rumble. It sits nicely in between. Fun combos, the ability to bash up Sly, nice graphics. Good all round fun.

Mat Hoffman BMX 2:
No no and no. Objectives are WAY too annoying. Controls are crap, which makes doing tricks about as fun as getting f*cked in the left eye. Music is average (too much R&B for my liking), graphics are good. But the gameplay is bad. Stick to Dave Mirra if you like extreme uh, biking.

Kelly Slater Pro Surfer:
... Stick to California Games. You know that surfing game in that? Where you got eaten by sharks and somehow got killed by fat woman in tubes? 400 times better than Kelly Slater. It's a whore with the memory card, too.

X-Men:
Really clumsy fighter. Controls are very very annoying (Partly thanks to the GC pad), responses are slow as. Combos require you to shatter the control pad in many bits with you Ice Beam, graphics are laughable, sound is piss weak, characters don't even resemble their on-screen conterparts. Story is crap, and FMV is stupid. TRADE IN!

Wreckless:
I'm going to keep this baby. Alot better than I expected. ALOT BETTER. I don't know what GameSpot was smoking when they reviewed the GC version, they kept going on about slow frame rates and such. Yeah, 60 FPS isn't good now? Bah, smooth as a baby's left butt cheek. Graphics have been seriously striped down from the Xbox version, but the Xbox version ran at 20-30 FPS. Frame rate all the way!
If you enjoyed the likes of Crazy Taxi or 18 Wheeler, this will be the best $20 you'll spend in a while.
Great big dumb fun. Plus you can run over people in the GC version. OMG ItS teH GTA!!1

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2003, 03:58:10 PM »
Godd to see opinions on those games from someone who actually bought them!
I don't know anyone who has them. You're the first!

I've almost got enough money to get both Metrid Prime and Zelda! Yay!
Just got a few things to sell and I'm set!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2003, 05:19:06 PM »
try selling a kidney termin8, thats allways a quick way to generate a buck, i know ive done it about 5 times now! and YES BEAT THE BIG PILE OF ROCKS!!!! after 5 goes, i ended up beating him with only 50odd health lost hehehe

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2003, 08:35:24 PM »
OH MAN!
After 3 days, I have finally passed the Test of Fear in Star Fox Adventures!

And it really WAS the test of fear! You go through the whole thing staring at a meter on the top of the screen and try not to look at the VERY COOL action going on around Fox McCloud. My heart was pounding all the time.

It was tense as.

And my friend got Metroid Prime! BUgger Him! I thought he sold his Gamecube, then he rings me up and tells me he got it and has been skipping work (at Maccas) since last thursday. Bugger you JB!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2003, 11:44:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer:
... Stick to California Games. You know that surfing game in that? Where you got eaten by sharks and somehow got killed by fat woman in tubes? 400 times better than Kelly Slater. It's a whore with the memory card, too.

LOL....that was funny...it has been a long long time since i played california games.

anyway, i played Metroid Prime at the GC kiosk over the weekend.  not too bad.  the controls are not that bad as people say.  didn't take long to get used to it.  i only got to play for 5 minutes, since there were people around me watching (funny, at first there were no one).  and i refuse to play zelda.  i don't want to spoil the game.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2003, 01:45:01 PM »
Well, whether I play Zelda or not doesn't really matter now, since the controller at Big W Chullora Marketplace is stuffed. So I can't play it either way. It sh*t funny to see some little kid play it, and scream, out in frustration cause he can't play. I have to reassure the kid though that Nintendo didn't do this, and that this ain't the way Gamecube is.

Nintendo should make the demo pods so that if you choose to play on controller 2 then you can. Cause the second one hasn't even been damaged.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2003, 11:12:55 PM »
I'm yet to see a store in Blacktown that has the new demo disc running. EB has finally switched from Rogue Leader to... Sonic Mega Collection. Yeah, way to show the consumers the POWER OF GC!

I did have a heated battle with a little dude at Mario Party 4 today, on the old demo disc at Kmart. Man, he was good at the button bashing Thwomp (sp?) test thing. It was like he was having a fit.

We drew in a crowd too, mostly due to my swearing, which went over well with the kid's mum. *Gulp*

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2003, 11:27:03 PM »
way to stick it to the man! err.... woman! causeing scenes are fun

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 08, 2003, 11:40:15 PM »
Yeah, plus maybe some of the crowd will be drawn to GC now, due to my reaction whilst playing a 'kiddie' game.

"Dude, angry people play this machine! Angry people rock, lets get down with this Mario Party 4 thing, maybe we'll take our angst out on it! GLERG, BLAR, HULK SMASH!"

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2003, 12:12:55 AM »
I was at Funland Games today, and I saw a kid plying Medal of Honor Frontline. The beach level.

I can't believe how real that was. Bombs and bullets were flyig everywhere, and when you jump out of the landing ship and go underwater, you can see people dying underwater.
It was Saving Private Ryan all over again.

Really impressive, I must say. And congrats to EA.

One other thing to note, though, was that the kid was asking me why he couldn't kill the people (referring to your allies). He would walk up to them and shoot heir helmets off and stuff, and start yelling how crap this game was cause he couldn't kill people. I told him to look in those towers, and he said he couldn't be bothered to. He just wanted to kill everyone.

Ahh...the innocense of children.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2003, 02:46:12 AM »
Ahh yes, MOH: Frontline is a fantastic game. It just gets better and better the further you get into it. The soundtrack left me in awe, too. Great, great stuff. If only I had one of them Mini-Disc doo-wabs, I'd hook it up via the port on my PS2 and record it. Then I'd be set. Set for LIFE!

The GameCube version has some kind of multi-player mode, does it not? That'd be interesting, deathmatching with those weapons. One of your guns only holds one bullet, takes alot of time to reload too. Think of the excitement, as the two players struggle to reload their ancient gun =)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2003, 03:06:57 AM »
simple, pistol whip each other... or rifle... mmmmm pistol whip

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2003, 03:59:00 AM »
Mmmmm.... Pistol whip.
Heh, Simpsons rocks.

The Metroid advert was also on three times during the Simpsons hour tonight. Yay for choosing the right time slot!

Oh yeah, sorry, but I'm rather proud of my post in this thread over at Gaming Force, it got my creative juices flowing in regards to another DOA Extreme game...

BAM!