Author Topic: How is Enter The Matrix going  (Read 4454 times)

Offline MrShag

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
How is Enter The Matrix going
« on: April 05, 2003, 08:14:26 AM »
 I recently downloaded the trailer for this game and I would like to know how it's coming.

Anybody has some informations?
My life exposed, my passions exploded, my site : The Crash Site.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
How is Enter The Matrix going?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 08:23:12 AM »
It's supposed to include some good extras, like some previews to the movies.  So that should be pretty nice (don't worry about the space on the GCN disc, this game is using DivX technology on the GCN version, which basically compresses the movie files, allowing for better quality and more movies).  However, I have some concerns about it, like how much will the gameplay controls would be restricted since so many moves seem to be available.  But, I'm gonna hope for the best.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline thecool1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 11:59:36 AM »
this game looks awesome. I watched the trailer...this looks like a keeper.

Offline Squall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 12:35:40 PM »
I heard (in EGM I believe) it would be 2 discs long.

I'm not expecting much from it.  The Wachowski brothers may be excellent directors but I have lttle faith in them as gamers since they don't even own a GC.  Somehow I doubt they're very hardcore gamers if they don't own all 3 consoles.  They game will be great as a part in the Matrix, but I doubt it will be as a game.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 02:55:37 PM »
so to be hard core  you have to now own all 3 of the current systems?

And I  ways thought it meant that you spent all your saved money on games and all your extra time on them as well, either playing or wasting your time on a game forum on the world wide web?

what if you spend 1000 on games, or 2000, or what is the official amount you spend cash and time wise to be considered that hard core geek your referring  to?  lol  

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2003, 03:07:44 PM »
lol good point there strange.

I'm not expecting much from it. The Wachowski brothers may be excellent directors but I have lttle faith in them as gamers since they don't even own a GC. Somehow I doubt they're very hardcore gamers if they don't own all 3 consoles. They game will be great as a part in the Matrix, but I doubt it will be as a game.

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the brothers just overseeing it all and basically just writing the story and doing the fight moves and stuff like that?  i'm pretty sure they would have no part in the actual developing of the game and all the gameplay mechanics, but i might be totally wrong here so feel free to correct me. i for one am looking forward to this game, that trailer is sweet. if nothing else, it'll be fun to watch

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2003, 03:44:18 PM »
  They're not programming the game, if that's what you mean.  But the game is being developed exactly the way the bros. want it to.  They have influence over every part ot this game.  So, we will see.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Squall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2003, 06:05:29 PM »

so to be hard core you have to now own all 3 of the current systems?

And I ways thought it meant that you spent all your saved money on games and all your extra time on them as well, either playing or wasting your time on a game forum on the world wide web?

what if you spend 1000 on games, or 2000, or what is the official amount you spend cash and time wise to be considered that hard core geek your referring to? lol

Q]

Yes, I'd say you need to own all 3 consoles.  Who doesn't want to have all 3?  It's the best, you get the biggest library of games.  I just found it a little odd that they have the money (I assume) to own all 3, but don't.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2003, 06:15:23 PM »

Yes, I'd say you need to own all 3 consoles. Who doesn't want to have all 3? It's the best, you get the biggest library of games. I just found it a little odd that they have the money (I assume) to own all 3, but don't.

so  your just a pansy wanna be then if you  collect a ton of games for one new  generation console?
lets say you have one new console and about 30 games, a coleco, genisis, playstation, a 64 and an SP, and  then this little 80 pound "hard core" guy has  all 3 new consoles and about 3 games for each or a few more.

what's the difference there? guy A has more games and could probably kick sand in guy B's face all day long but he's not hard core, no not at all, he would never procliam that upon himself, he just loves certain games  and  that's that. hell both  have there reasonings for owning what they would own and  that's ok.. cuz to each of the two types thier reasons make perfect sense to themselves and that is what matters in the long run, lol.

the console has nothing to do with the love for the game...  you could be hard core and only own an old artari  or NES still.  

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 08:24:30 AM »
they do have plenty enough money to own all 3 consoles, though
I'll shut up now...

Offline Squall

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 09:07:21 AM »
I'm not trying to say owning all 3 consoles suddenly makes you harcore, I'm sorry if it sounded like that.  I'm just saying that if you have the money, I think everyone would want all 3 consoles so they could get all the great games that generation.  It just made me wonder how big about gaming they were if they had the money, but didn't bother getting all 3.  

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2003, 12:51:52 PM »
guess i was reading it wrong which is  very easy to do on forums.

myself i do have the money or could save the money for the other 2  but  everytime i start to save i notice a new game or one i have not seen yet for the current system i own that i would rather get using that extra cash for that instead. lol

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2003, 12:56:30 PM »
On a recent trip, I decided to pick up the new EGM with the "Enter the Matrix" cover feature.  First of all, according to the article, the GCN version of the game will be on two discs.  The Wachowski Brothers had already written a 270+ - page script for the game and took the time to actually film exclusive footage for the game while filming the movie.  My interpretation is that they've used the actual actors and the same production team for the footage, which is a bonus.  Also, the game will not revolve around the core movie characters of Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity; however, it focuses more on a different team from a different ship that hacks into the Matrix.  You'll only be able to control the two new characters - Niobe, who had a past with Morpheus,  (?) and Ghost, who supposedly had a past with Trinity.  Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus are going to be making cameos for the game.  Supposedly, the game and the movie "Matrix Reloaded" will compliment each other.

As far as who's controlling the direction of the game, the Wachowski Brothers are pretty much directing and are hands-on, while David Perry and Shiny Entertainment (MDK, Earthworm Jim) are programming.  The Wachowski Brothers wanted Konami developers behind Metal Gear or Bungie Entertainment (Halo), but were turned down.  As far as owning a GCN, they don't own it because of the kiddy image.  To echo earlier comments, GCN is a core gaming system.  So, I guess that wouldn't make them as hardcore as they think they are.  Don't start trippin' over this one people.  Just my opinion.

cUbIsT
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline bryanee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2003, 03:17:11 AM »
just read the new issue of computer and videogames and they say it aint upto much after a long playtest
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2003, 05:16:27 AM »
Any of you guys read fat babies dot com? For a couple of months all the stuff they reported was just about how terrible the development of the game was going and the doom that interplay was falling into. I'm amazed that it's even come out frankly.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2003, 06:25:45 PM »
i'm not excited about the possibility that it'll be a great game, but moreso that it'll tie into the movie very tightly. As cubist said, the main characters are Niobe and Ghost. The cool thing is that, as you're watching the movie, and a the camera shifts from a scene with those two, the game will pick up where the movie left off, with you in control of Niobe or Ghost. The brothers are writing the script for the game with the movies; it's essentially all one big script. So the actors may be filming the game one day, then the movie(s) the next.

From IGN's impressions, which are now a couple months old, it seems promising. It seems that in the version they played rewarded button mashing a lot in terms of fighting. The same kick combination, for instance, would render different, seemingly random results. i'd assume that the controls are very context-sensitive; so the same kick combination near a wall may involve your character springing off the wall to deliver a kick. They commented on other on other parts of the game (driving, ), which were overall positive, yet i have the feeling that after the first few times you figure how to do all the "classic" Matrix stunts, it'll get tired.

i don't doubt that Shiny can't deliver a solid Matrix game, but i do doubt that they can do it on all three systems while meeting the launch date, which is very important since the game ties in with the movies so intricately. The brothers' involvement, in my opinion, means very little to absolutely nothing in terms of how the game will play, or even look, only how well it'll tie into the movie's storylines. But if the game manages to keep the same ambiguity and mystique as the movie, it'll likely be a keeper for me.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2003, 01:42:09 AM »
i saw the video clip from my PC Gamer mag CD.  (saved me from downloading it.  56k connection).  to me, it seems there isn't enough frames of animation b/w their moves and lacks linking frames.