Author Topic: Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?  (Read 25078 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Hardest Single Thing To Do On Gamecube?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2003, 03:28:21 PM »
I'd imagine it would be really hard to cook an egg on my GameCube.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Uncle Ed

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2003, 04:41:31 PM »
Wait for the new griller expansion Windyman, it also hooks up to the GBA SP and is required to use in Animal Crossing 2.

Hardest Single Thing to do? Have fun with Simpsons Road Rage, hahahahaha...
Playing it Bogart.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2003, 09:52:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I'd say the hardest thing to do on Gamecube is wax Gracie's car in Animal Crossing good enough to get a Gracie original design shirt.  I jam on that A button as hard as I can and I've never been able to pull it off.  My brother has managed to do it only once.  The "test of strength" in SFA is also ridiculously hard and again I had to have my brother do it for me.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about in both situations the only way to win is to press the A button as fast as possible.  They both rely entirely on button mashing and any sort of skill doesn't play any part at all.

Hey, I'm the king of rapid button mashing. I mean I can get over 110 on Domination in Mario Party 4 no sweat. And I consider that a true "skill".

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2003, 10:00:05 PM »
Dealing with the tiny D pad in fighting games.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2003, 10:01:58 PM »
Hardest single thing to do on a Gamecube?

Stop playing it.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Vegetendo101

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 10:22:35 PM »
For me the hardest from the games i own has to be getting all 180 medallion things on Sonic 2. I usually tend to finishe a game beginning to end before i start another, and Sonic Adventure 2 is the only game whiche i havnt finished completely yet, that i dont play with anymore. Not to brag or anything ,but i consider myself a more than average gamer, I was given a god like talent when it comes to video games,ahahahaha! well compared to anyone i know. ^_^.

Rouge leader wasnt hard, just that last stage were u have to beat "Wave after wave of imperial planes". Oh god, i went brain dead a couple of times. Getting all SSBM trophies wasnt hard either, just got the list of the thing i had to do and went to work. Those Blue coins in Mario sunshine was just time consuming, not hard just had to look and look and look. Luigi's mansion was a breeze,lol, why even mention it. Metroid Prime i just tackled all at once and got everything except the Fusion suit cuse i dont own a gba or fusion. And with Animal crossing, well I just got it at the begining of this year, so im far from nearly collecting everything in it.

Or how about this:
-getting all the gold Skulluta spider coins in OoT Master quest? I just passed the game but only have like 30!. Good grief.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2003, 03:38:26 AM »
Seriously though, any game that requires you to get medals or some such thing is an impossibility for me. I have Nightfire and Rogue Leader, and I just can't get any better than I already am. I mean, take Rogue leader. You CAN'T go through Battle of Endor, Imperial Academy Heist, Ison Corridor and Raid on Bespin without the targeting computer. And Strike at the core is just crazy. I as soon as I get shot down (about 3 seconds in), the cut scene immediately shifts to see the Falcon/Wedge getting shot down without even giving me a second chance at trying it. Another thing is that Factro 5 should have done done just that little bit more homework on the ships. The Y-wing is just too slow. Screw the great shields. Beign that slow, you can get hit a million times over before you hit the ground. But the worst ships are the Falcon and Slave 1. The are undoubtedly the coolest ships in Star Wars, but in the game, they are slow as an ant carrying a jumbo jet, and their shilds are worse than the A-wing. It's crazy.

Sorry. I love the game, but there are just a tad too many faults in it then I'd like.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2003, 04:33:33 AM »
true its not super acurate to starwars but they do have to ballence it for the games sake, the Y-Wing is pretty much what i expected it to be but it does't have the option of fireing your ion cannons like regular lazers which would hae been nicer (more acurate too)
but still, im having fun with it  

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2003, 08:47:47 AM »
Hey, Factor 5 did the Falcon and Slave 1 accurately enough.  Ever read the novels?  It's pretty obvious that those aren't starfighters, and thus can't be expected to compete with them in terms of speed and maneuverability.

And if you want to talk hard, how about beating Resident Evil on Invisible Enemy mode?  Yeesh.  I don't even want to think about it.

And really, Mario Sunshine was hard, but I didn't have any real troubles getting 120 shines.  Did it in a week and a half, as a matter of fact.  Now, my skills with Time Splitters 2 are another story...my friends regularly destroy me, even though I've made it halfway through on hard mode.

Rogue Leader?  Hard, but not impossible.  I have something like 7 or 8 golds, and the only reason I don't get the others is becuase they are so frustrating: play a 10-minute level, find out your accuracy was 2% too low, do it again, ad infinitum.  But really, I never used my targeting computer, I just kind of thought of it as a crutch.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline Mr. McBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2003, 06:24:49 PM »
Hardest thing to do on 'Cube? Save a sports game's season without like, 90 MC59's

Damn memcards are too small. Even the mighty 251 is almost entirely gone when and NCAA Football 2003 season hits my 'Cube...

As for actual hard things in games, the hardest thing I've taught myself to do is beat each and every "void" level straight in SMS without dying once.
[Mr. McBlack:]
-America's FAVORITE GameNikki reviewer

Visit GameNikki.com The BEST gamesite with the letters "I", "G" and "N" in it.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2003, 03:32:53 AM »
What's wrong with you guys? Unlocking and beating every level in Super Monkey Ball is the hardest thing to do  surely. I mean you have to pass 30 levels without dying to get Advanced Extra and 50 levels without continuing to get Master.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2003, 05:17:55 AM »

Good question, the hardest single thing to do (and mind you Ive tried like a jackass) on the Gamecube is stage a rock concert.

Theres just no room for the drummer, dammit.

-----
2003 = The Year of the Fund Q

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2003, 05:43:05 AM »
All right Ian Sane there is a way to get Gracie's shirt everytime without cheating,  simply technique.  I get it everytime and I will almost all games that have the fast moving button thing like that with this.  Alright well when your pressing that damn A button, vibrate (sorry this is the only way to describe it.) your entire arm don't just use your thumb and try to press fast just move you entire arm fast.  You'll know it is working when your muscle's get tighter.  It works evertime and brings out an awsome shine.  Tell me if it works for you.
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2003, 07:21:58 AM »
I was told gcn couldnt do fur shading....then starfox came out.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2003, 07:24:39 AM »
for speedy button pressing use your index rather then your thumb...it moves and presses the button way faster with more accuracy and better results.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2003, 07:46:39 AM »
RABicle, you are right about Super Monkey Ball.  It took me a long time to get Advanced Extra.  Out of all the ones i put on this list, I would have to say this one is the hardest for me, and this is the only one i haven't done with the exception of nightfire because i just got the game a week ago.  But ive gotten expert extra 3 times and keep dying on level 9.  Hardest. Level. Ever.  Anyways, I never got master yet, and there are very few people on this planet who can say they have as you have to beat Expert and Expert Extra with only one continue.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2003, 07:49:55 AM »

Good question, the hardest single thing to do (and mind you Ive tried like a jackass) on the Gamecube is stage a rock concert.

Theres just no room for the drummer, dammit.

HAHAH!  Actually, I was going to say "tap dance".  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2003, 08:34:06 AM »
very funny approach

i really hope Soul Calibur 2 has a ULTRA EVIL HEFTY SPANK MODE thats almost impossible to beat, actually, only possible to beat if your eyes are genetically enhanced or something.
LZ 2005

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2003, 08:36:45 AM »
From what I understand, playing an all chain game of Ikaruga is damn near impossible.

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2003, 10:16:34 AM »
LOL I just got an error from this site that said:
Es wurde keine ID übergeben!
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2003, 11:20:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Vegetendo101
For me the hardest from the games i own has to be getting all 180 medallion things on Sonic 2. I usually tend to finishe a game beginning to end before i start another, and Sonic Adventure 2 is the only game whiche i havnt finished completely yet, that i dont play with anymore. Not to brag or anything ,but i consider myself a more than average gamer, I was given a god like talent when it comes to video games,ahahahaha! well compared to anyone i know. ^_^.

Yes, getting the complete collection of medallions in SA2 is a nightmare. I can't do it, and boy, have I tried..
Hunting down each and every animal in every level is insanity. What's worse is that I really want the secret level you unlock when you've done it, a 3D version of the original Sonic's Green Hill Zone *Cries self to sleep*

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2003, 03:01:08 PM »

Originally posted by: RahXephon
sorta off topic, but my gf has EVERY item in Animal Crossing.  She plays everyday at least an hour since launch.

Yeah, right, ask her is she has the PunchOut game. I play every day and I'm not even close to having everything.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2003, 03:06:28 PM »
I don't know how you guys coulda missed it but heres one hard thing to do.  Play through Starfox Adventures without getting bored.

Offline Vegetendo101

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2003, 07:12:34 PM »

What's worse is that I really want the secret level you unlock when you've done it, a 3D version of the original Sonic's Green Hill Zone *Cries self to sleep*

LOL, A pain I know too well. And all i need is 8 more "A" rankings and I get to see that dam legend of a stage.

Play through Starfox Adventures without getting bored.

Come'on now, it wasnt boring. It just had no replay value what so ever. I dont think ive touched that game since the day I passed it, whiche was like a week after it came out.

Offline AceRazer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2003, 02:04:37 PM »
I also got bored pretty quick in Starfox Adventures.  I thought it would be better and thought it was a bit over rated.  It was still a alright game and all, just not a great game.  I hated having to chase down all those items.  I would have liked a classic Starfox better.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton