Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3156881 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1075 on: December 04, 2008, 03:47:35 PM »
Serpentor was the point where G.I.Joe jumped the shark.

But seriously, should Kid Icarus Wii be more like Mario Galaxy meets Sega's Nights?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1076 on: December 04, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »
More like Mario Galaxy meets RE4.  3D platforming with a free cursor to fire arrows anywhere anytime.  The camera doesn't have to be stuck to the aiming function, so it's like grabbing/shooting starbits as you pleased when Mario was jumping around however you made him.

Actually, it's like Mario Galaxy, period.

So it's like a faster Bee Mario but he has ranged weaponry.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:10:28 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 04, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »
You mean like star bits?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1078 on: December 04, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
more like Skittles.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 04, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »
Ugh I always hate it when journalists like Matt do that.  Its like that Diablo III tragedy, where people thought the rated M sequel wasn't "Dark" enough.  But Matt's always had terrible ideas for games.  Zelda fighter anyone?  It's like he subconsciously wants Nintendo to fail.

I can even imagine a likely scenario:

Matt has already seen the game, is displeased, and throws out his "expectations" so when Nintendo doesn't meet them, he can write more angry stuff that collect more hits.  "Wii is teh casual" is easy to write and will get hits from people who already don't like it.  In-depth investigative journalism is much harder.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1080 on: December 04, 2008, 06:42:11 PM »
Matt's not a journalist, he runs an interweb business of posting text with ads.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 04, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
I couldn't bring myself to read the 3 pages worth of bullshit. Hell, I could barely bring myself to click the link.

I've never played Kid Icarus and I'm sure there are many people who bought SSBB like me, who've never played Kid Icarus. It might as well be a new IP with an already established character model.

I like your idea Daisy. That sounds pretty cool (just as long as it doesn't involve planetoids).
black fairy tales are better at sports

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1082 on: December 04, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
Don't worry, flying Kratos destroys planetoids.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1083 on: December 05, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
Ugh I always hate it when journalists like Matt do that.  Its like that Diablo III tragedy, where people thought the rated M sequel wasn't "Dark" enough.  But Matt's always had terrible ideas for games.  Zelda fighter anyone?  It's like he subconsciously wants Nintendo to fail.

I can even imagine a likely scenario:

Matt has already seen the game, is displeased, and throws out his "expectations" so when Nintendo doesn't meet them, he can write more angry stuff that collect more hits.  "Wii is teh casual" is easy to write and will get hits from people who already don't like it.  In-depth investigative journalism is much harder.

Actually, I bet ANYTHING that once Kid Icarus Wii is finally revealed the fanbase will throw a crap fest simply because its NOT what they were hoping for, and Matt will join the bandwagon, claiming Nintendo has ruined the series.

Really, all of these editorials and rumors are setting people up for major disappointment, and then somehow it will be Nintendo's fault.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 05, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »
Kid Icarus will be resurrected as a Wii Party game for mom and grandma to play.
is your sanity...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1085 on: December 05, 2008, 03:27:30 AM »
Starring Gerard Butler as Pit.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 05, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »
TONIGHT WE DINE IN THE FAMILY ROOM!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 06, 2008, 04:03:02 AM »
It was okay until "I'd prefer realism." What the hell? That would be horrible.

I'd prefer the art style to stay in line with Pit in Brawl (sans voice). The design wasn't perfect but it seemed a natural progression of an 80's character. In terms of gameplay, I'd love to see Nintendo release a 2D game. Not exactly like the original games, but certainly something that follows the series action/platforming roots and takes to another level. But, since Nintendo has no balls, we'll see a 3D game. It can't be like Zelda though. They aren't the same kind of games and if they were to make Kid Icarus like Zelda, why not just make it a Zelda game?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 06, 2008, 04:19:22 AM »
Whenever someone says they want ultra-realistic graphics for X classic game I want to... I want to.... punch....rrr....dandelions.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 06, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »
Don't say Nintendo doesn't have balls. They're pretty much the only company willing to even make 2D games anymore. So Nintendo does have balls, and they are 2-dimensional balls at that. :P But yeah, you may be right... Icarus could go 3D. I was just saying Nintendo does still support 2D once and awhile, so it isn't something thats out of the question.

Now that I think about it, couldn't they actually do both? They could release a new 3D one for the Wii, and also put out a 2D remake kinda thing for the DS, ala NSMB. That way it would kinda be the best of both worlds, and none of the fans would get pissed off (well, except Ian, but then again I think he just invents reasons to get pissed off if none exist :p)
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 06, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
Kid Icarus 3 (for lack of a better name) wouldn't sell as a 2D game, even if keeping the series in 2D would make for a better game, not that going 3D would necessarily make for a "bad" game. The 2D games Nintendo releases are largely established franchises, of which Kid Icarus has no such luxury of being. Pit is a relic of the 80s, a niche character that old-school fans wax nostalgic. I doubt Nintendo will resurrect a dead franchise unless they can change Pit's status. When/If Pit returns for a 3rd outing, he'll have to or at least will be expected to sell because NIntendo has no real reason to go back to the well.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 06, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »
Super Princess Peach wasn't an established franchise, and it did well, didn't it?

And I kinda disagree, because it is an established franchise that appeared on both the NES and the original Gameboy. I don't know how many people owned or played it back then, but odds are many of them would pick up a 2D remake just for retro sake, and even Nintendo fans like myself who never played it would consider picking it up to see what all the fuss was about.

Plus the beauty of a 2D version is it is much cheaper to develop, so even if it doesn't sell quite as much, it could still be just as profitable as a 3D version. And like I said, Nintendo could make both and then we all could see how great they do in comparison... and they'd probably mutually promote each other, because chances are someone would get at least one, and then if they are amazed by it they could consider the other as well.
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 07, 2008, 12:32:30 AM »
I want to see the games a third person 3D game just because they seem to be in a sorry state right now.

The 3d Platformer is as dead as shmups save the brilliant Mario Galaxy, and all other third person games have either become a FPS where you can see the character, (ala RE5, Uncharted, Gears) or a disconnected twitch brawler, (ala Devil May Cry, God of War, Gaiden) The genre has become too refined without anything new to lead the way.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 07, 2008, 04:04:00 AM »
I want to see the games a third person 3D game just because they seem to be in a sorry state right now.

The 3d Platformer is as dead as shmups save the brilliant Mario Galaxy, and all other third person games have either become a FPS where you can see the character, (ala RE5, Uncharted, Gears) or a disconnected twitch brawler, (ala Devil May Cry, God of War, Gaiden) The genre has become too refined without anything new to lead the way.

Welcome to the HD Next Gen era.  Say goodbye to creativity and say hello to bald marines and 50 different shades of brown.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 07, 2008, 04:18:25 AM »

Welcome to the HD Next Gen era.  Say goodbye to creativity and say hello to bald marines and 50 different shades of brown.

I do believe you''ve just described the Iraq War in a nutshell.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 07, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
Super Princess Peach wasn't an established franchise, and it did well, didn't it?
Princess Peach is an established character who has been in almost every Mario title and spinoff ever.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 07, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
Princess Peach is an established character who has been in almost every Mario title and spinoff ever.

That is true, but hey, Pit was in Brawl (plus those old games), so he has been exposed to an audience of millions. I know its not to the extent Peach is, but hey, a typical Wii gamer is likely to be somewhat familiar with him now thanks to Brawl alone.
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1097 on: December 09, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »
I saw this rumor. I remember reading that the PSP is gonna get the most recent PSP MH game that was released in Japan to test the NA waters.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 09, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »
And...why should we be surprised? Capcom basically dicked over Nintendo, it's fans and Mikami along with the rest of Clover when it shafted the Gamecube 5. The RE4 exclusive deal wasn't Mikami's doing either, it was basically the stockholders doing. It's what made Clover break away and form a new studio. Zack and Wiki might not even get a sequal, and they are blaming the Wii user base for not buying it... except they didn't advertise the fucking game AT ALL.

Maybe we should make a thread about game marketing?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1099 on: December 09, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »
Ian and I mutually complained about Nintendo library marketing in 2005 i believe.