Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545795 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1000 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
I don't know if I (or anyone else) reviewed this previously, but there's this one Canadian movie called Y.P.F. that I'd highly recommend.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 18, 2010, 08:46:06 PM »
oh Beware! Children at Play! is a Troma film, that explains everything.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
That means it's gonna be terrible yet mildly entertaining at the same time.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1003 on: March 20, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »
Cinderella Man:5 out of 5

This movie takes place in the Great Depression Era. It is about a story of 1 man living in this era with his wife and 3 kids.He is a Boxer and after some bad luck early on in his job.Had a few injurys.He is given a second chance. It was a one time deal and he thinks that was it but he gets more fights.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 20, 2010, 01:58:08 AM »
Avatar I liked this better when it was called Dances with Wolves. 2 stars

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 20, 2010, 02:02:43 AM »
Haven't been on the forums for a while, but ThePerm nailed it - only the first word is actually two words in the real title of the movie. I should have a review soon.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13:16 AM »
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:15:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 20, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »
Repo Men: 6/10

Wouldn't be as entertaining without all the violence, but at the same time the voilence is a little distracting because it can be incredibly brutal; especially the films last big action scene (and the immidiate scene after, that borders sadomasochism).

Anyone can see the ending coming a mile away, but its still a decent popcorn flick. The crowd i saw it with was disgusting though, ugh. I should really stop watching films on opening day.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 20, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »
the ending is a logan's run type thing?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 20, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
An American Tale & The Secret of NIMH

Both better in memory and I should have left that fond childhood memory alone. Neither of them was bad (some of the songs in An American Tale were) but neither of them lived up memory I was trying to pass on to other children. They both liked An American tale, but they both (and myself) found Secret of NIMH to be a little bit boring, and that was disappointing, since I told them NIMH was the better movie of the 2.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 20, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »

Both better in memory and I should have left that fond childhood memory alone. Neither of them was bad (some of the songs in An American Tale were) but neither of them lived up memory I was trying to pass on to other children. They both liked An American tale, but they both (and myself) found Secret of NIMH to be a little bit boring, and that was disappointing, since I told them NIMH was the better movie of the 2.

I have to admit I found NIMH rather boring (and strangely violent) as well when I last saw it, which was probably around 15 or so years ago.  I've been meaning to rewatch it for years, though.  As for An American Tale, I have seen that much more recently (probably around 5 years ago) and I still liked it...but found it incredibly depressing and Fieval's version of "Somewhere out there" makes me cringe and my ears bleed.  Once again, people: nothing good come of having children sing songs with high notes in them.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 20, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
Game of Death II 2/10

Meh.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 20, 2010, 10:10:45 PM »
yeah, i remember watching the movie and then reading the book, but actually i had forgotten all about the movie by the time i got to the book, and then somewhere in the middle of the Nimh book i was like...hey this is like that movie. I was in 4th grade....

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 21, 2010, 12:42:59 PM »
the ending is a logan's run type thing?

pm for details?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 23, 2010, 06:50:22 AM »

I have to admit I found NIMH rather boring (and strangely violent) as well when I last saw it, which was probably around 15 or so years ago.  I've been meaning to rewatch it for years, though.  As for An American Tale, I have seen that much more recently (probably around 5 years ago) and I still liked it...but found it incredibly depressing and Fieval's version of "Somewhere out there" makes me cringe and my ears bleed.  Once again, people: nothing good come of having children sing songs with high notes in them.

I rewatched American Tale and the 'Fieval Goes West' Sequel with my 11 year old sister recently and she seemed to enjoy both of them. I have yet to go back and watch NIHM but I do remember it being a lot more frightening and creepy when I was young. Didn't they make a sequel years later?

Don Bluth has some talent but most of his films seem to have one minor thing or another slightly off that keeps them from being truly amazing. Land Before Time was good and Anastasia is probably my favorite of his films. Too bad he doesn't continue to make films.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »
I completely forgot about Fivel Goes West, so I just looked it up on Netflix. Did you know there was a 3rd movie? An American Tail: The Treasures of Manhattan Island, it was made in the year 2000.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 23, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »
I knew there was a cartoon series but I don't ever recall hearing about the 3rd movie. Now I'm curious even though I doubt it's nearly as good as the previous ones.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 23, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »
It doesn't look that good (watched the preview on Netflix) but it was rated the same as the 1st two.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »
Probably worth a watch with the sis next time she visits.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 23, 2010, 01:52:19 PM »
When are you going to break out The Land Before Time?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 23, 2010, 06:59:28 PM »
When are you going to break out The Land Before Time?

Indeed.  It might just be nostalgia talking because I haven't seen the movie in ages, but the original Land Before Time is a classic.  The movie's theme song is also one of my All Time favorites.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 23, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »
law abiding citizen 8.5/10 it was pretty good.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 23, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »
Miracle Mile 8/10

I missed a lot of the beginning, but was still sucked into this movie just from the DTV guide description: a man picks up a call at a phone booth and learns a nuclear attack is imminent. The movie follows Harry and his girlfriend as he first tries to keep the secret from her, then must find a way to escape.

It starts off calm and the chaos slowly ramps up, just like Majora's Mask. In fact, the final hours music of MM is very similar to this movie's end credits music... and hey, they also share the same initials?!

The whole thing takes place in more or less real time and the slowly rising sun adds to the tension. The ending is not what you'll expect, but inevitable.....and also very similar to the Anju/blue hair guy 'ending' of MM. Not that well liked on IMDB for some dumb character decisions and 80s weirdness, but I liked it and was rooting for them the whole time.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 23, 2010, 11:45:31 PM »
I watched a horro film the other night called Return of the Living Dead 3. It was a very gory, kind of scary B-movie with a plot that was kind of weird. One of the scariest parts of the movies was at the beggining when a couple of technicians were experimenting on a zombie and it broke loose on the guys. That part of the movie had my heart pounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamKhHWetYk

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 24, 2010, 12:21:06 AM »
oh jeez part 3

the last one had a hillarious ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7EoW0o7sHw

don't worry it doesn't spoil the movie, its just funny, random