Author Topic: It's Happening: Phoenix Wright 2!  (Read 6768 times)

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
It's Happening: Phoenix Wright 2!
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:19:14 PM »
This must be what pure joy tastes like.

According to Nintendo's list... the game will be released in October of this year!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: It's Happening: Phoenix Wright 2!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »
Excellent news, although not very surprising.  Any word on details?  Will it just be straight up port of 2 and/or 3, an enhanced port or a brand new game?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:24:45 PM »
Great, I'm still trying to buy the first one!

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »
Yeah where's the first one?  

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 11:38:48 PM »
It is is my DS and you will never have it! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
RE:It's Happening: Phoenix Wright 2!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 12:33:08 AM »
Ok it's an Aussie site but DVD Crave has 10 plus copies of Phoenix Wright 1 (UK version). I'm not sure if they ship to the US but I think they do. It's approximately US$48 (without shipping).
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 06:58:55 AM »
Geez guys, they already did one "relaunch"... you still haven't got it yet? I think if I were you guys I'd just bite the bullet and get one off eBay.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:19:19 AM »
relaunching one copy doesn't help anything.  That fact that you can't find it doesn't help anything, let alone the sequel.  if I can't find the first one, I'm not going to get the second one. period.

there is no need for capcom to not have the game readily available. I mean you can't even get it off their own website, and that is just fuking pathetic.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 10:43:38 AM »
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All

Titled Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, this is a localization of Gyakuten Saiban 2, which was released on the GBA in Japan back in 2002. Justice for All will contain four new (to the US) cases, two new main characters, and several new gameplay features, and is slated for an early 2007 release on the DS.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »
Hell.

Yeah.
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 06:25:15 PM »

Originally posted by: jasonditz
Geez guys, they already did one "relaunch"... you still haven't got it yet? I think if I were you guys I'd just bite the bullet and get one off eBay.

Heck no... I looked in stores for this so called relaunch in March and never saw a copy.  The new word is that the relaunch is actually this month.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 12:29:54 AM »
It wasn't so much a "relaunch" as a small reprinting. Online stores picked it up and were sold out in about a week. NPD said that only about 500 units sold in March (compared to zero in February), but they don't track the online stores or any mom-and-pop videogame stores (aka: the only ones smart enough to get in on the reprint).

NCSX says that the next reprint is coming at the end of the month. You'll probably have to ask local stores if they're getting it. If they don't know if they are, it means they're not.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:08 AM »
Bigger launch numbers Capcom. Make more money.

Now pump out localizations/sequels at a rate of one every 6-9 months and you'll rake in the dough.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 09:17:08 AM »
We haven't even received the first one yet.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 09:47:52 AM »
Word from Capcom is that the game will not feature an extra case like the original DS version did. However, that game was plenty long without that bonus, so I'm not concerned.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 05:30:24 PM »
Just in case you didn't hear it somewhere else (I don't read other sites): in the screens for Phoenix Wright 2, it appears a woman named VonKarma is the new prosecuting attorney. Dollars to donuts says that's the daughter of the VonKarma in Episode 4 of Phoenix Wright 1.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »
Aww... Edgeworth's back too though, right?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 07:40:53 PM »
You mean to say that no one has seen the trailer?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »
good to see Maya's back... that makes the game for me right there.

We see edgeworth in the trailer, but he's not in any of the footage they show... I wonder what role he gets to play.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 09:09:26 AM »
I WANT SO BAD!

I've heard some sites say we have to wait till 2007, but GameSpot is still saying October.  Both of those are too far, but I hope GameSpot is right.
*goes back to playing the first one again*
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »
Nintendo's PR site says October... I think I'm going to choose to cling to that until I get something official from Capcom about a delay.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 07:10:56 AM »
Sweet. Now I've gotta finish the first one...  

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »
Man, von Karma's hot.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »
USELESS BUMB TO VERNT MY FRUSTRATIONS AT THE FIRST GAME

So I'm on the fourth case.  It's the first day of the trial.  I'm cross-examining Lotta.  THIS GAME IS WAY TOO RESTRICTIVE.  Before it was just an annoyance, now it's RUINING THE GAME.  I realize that my complaints likely cannot be fixed, but they're still valid.  I want to ask the witness SO MANY THINGS like about the number of shots...one bullet wound found, two shots heard, and three shots fired from the gun.  Maybe it'll all be explained later (or maybe it's unimportant) but I WANT TO ASK THE WITNESS ABOUT IT.  Providing evidence to prove inconsistencies is handled poorly.  You have to know which item to use at what time, which makes sense, but it's frustrating when there are three sections of text dealing with what you're trying to disprove, and you don't know which one to focus on.  Add that to the fact that often you have to present ridiculous "evidence" that would never fly in real court while more obvious things may have presented themselves but NOOOO you have to play be THEIR rules.  The game isn't as much about solving a mystery and defending a cliet in court as it is trying to figure out what the game wants you to figure out.  You're not solving  the mystery directly because the game itself serves as a barricade; I'm sitting here trying to find out what the game designers would have wanted me to choose instead of directly applying it to the case.  Right now I don't even have full access to the evidence I've collected so far, which I suppose isn't that bad because I wouldn't be able to use it anyway because I have to follow the game's "logic" to solve mysteries and not REAL SENSE-MAKING LOGIC.  I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE.

So anyway, I'm not too excited about the sequel right now.  I love the stories told in Pheonix Wright, and I think the characters are awesome PHEONIX AND EDGEWORTH IN SSBB, but it's far too restrictive for me to really enjoy.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 06:12:06 PM »
Wow.

Welcome to adventure games, whiner.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t