Author Topic: Nintendo Reportedly Taking Action On Joy-Con Drift Issue  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Nintendo Reportedly Taking Action On Joy-Con Drift Issue
« on: July 23, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »

Nintendo reportedly is set to take action through free repairs without proof of warranty.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/51205/nintendo-reportedly-taking-action-on-joy-con-drift-issue

Nintendo is taking steps to solve the Nintendo Switch “Joy-Con drift” issue, according to internal documents.

The steps being taken, according to documents obtained by VICE Games, include instructing customer service to issue repairs for affected Joy-Cons “at no-charge”.

Additionally, customers will “no longer be requested to provide proof of purchase for Joy-Con repairs” and won’t require confirmation of the hardware’s warranty status. Customers will also be able to receive refunds from previous paid Joy-Con repairs.

“Joy-Con drift“, an issue in which the analog sticks on Joy-Cons move objects on the screen, has gained attention following a Kotaku article that detailed the issue. Nintendo later released a response to the article, saying “We are aware of recent reports that some Joy-Con controllers are not responding correctly. We want our consumers to have fun with Nintendo Switch, and if anything falls short of this goal we always encourage them to visit http://support.nintendo.com so we can help."

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Reportedly Taking Action On Joy-Con Drift Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:10:08 PM »
Time to get all my Joy Con fixed!  ;D
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »
Good for them.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
I guess you could say their position on the matter has drifted.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 03:27:06 AM »
Good. Fix your ****!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 01:39:30 PM »
Nintendo has a pretty good track record for having reliable hardware.  Their reputation is miles ahead of Sony and MS on this.  In my own personal business experience what really matters with your customers isn't that you never mess up, because no one is perfect, but how you respond to your mistakes.  If you otherwise have a good track record the occasional slip up is accepted provided it wasn't intentional and you own up to it and make it right.  Nintendo is typically good at this stuff but they goofed up so they should admit to it and fix it, which they now are.  Better to have made a mistake and fixed it than to try to hide it and gain the reputation of trying to screw your customers.