Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210451 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Your #1 meal at Fast Food Restaurants
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:19 PM »
Cedar Point is next year hopefully.  It's kind of the grand finale on this coaster tour my family has been doing for the past few years.  I'm pumped.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 11:55:48 PM »
A&W - Bacon cheeseburger and/or cheese curds
Burger King- One Dollar Double Cheeseburger
Dairy Queen- Um, blizzard? lol
Mcdonalds- Mcchicken
Wendy's-Baconator
Taco Bell- Love their hard tacos, so yeah I usually get that
Jack in the Box- Try to avoid this place, I do not like their burgers or most of their food. Though I do like their grilled sandwiches
KFC- Extra Crispy chicken and their mashed potatoes
Subway- Subway club

And my favorite fast food place:

Culvers- Can't pick one thing they have fantastic fish n chips, fantastic burgers, fantastic fried chicken, and desserts that blow away dairy queen (their concrete mixers are to die for with the same choices and then some that DQ has for their blizzards, they use custard)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »
Good call on the A&W cheese curds.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 01:09:14 AM »
I take it back, I often visit Chic-Fila as well.

Five Guys sucks. Fact. You're paying $5 for a well done (as in temperature, not quality) Whopper, plain and simple. I went there once and it tasted like ****. If you're paying for an actual hamburger, then you should be allowed to have it cooked properly (medium-rare or medium), and not just depend on salt and fat content to trick you into thinking it tastes good.

I should note, however, that Chic-Fila uses fresh chicken which is trimmed and breaded on site. They're a huge step above McDonald's or the likes in terms of quality of food.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:10:55 AM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 01:10:58 AM »
We got a Five Guys recently and I wasn't impressed with their burgers, but I've heard that burger quality varies from location to location. I did like their fries though, probably the best out of the national chains.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
I've never even heard of "Five Guys". There are no Jack in the Boxes in the northeast at all (yet they still air commercials on TV here), no White Castle within 100 miles.

My favorites would be with the Whopper value meal at Burger King or the Triple Classic at Wendys (the only problem with Wendys is that their food tends to be more expensive than other fast food places). I don't really like McDonalds that much, but I don't mind the Quarterpounder (the Big Mac is alright, but they put way too much lettuce on it).

What I really hate is when they lie in the commercials about the size of the sandwich. I remember getting a Rodeo Burger at Wendys after it came out, and the freaking thing was tiny. It was like the size of the hamburger in the kids meal.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:02 AM »
Kinda makes their "Where's The Beef" commercials ironic, doesn't it?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »
I just remembered 2 places I forgot to mention.

1. Sonic's: The only reason to go here over basically anywhere else is the drinks and the roller girl delivery to your car.... but not all locations rollerskate to your car. Oh their cheesecake bites are pretty damn good too, but the burger and fries were generic in both look and flavor, so stopping anywhere else would be better.

2 is not really Fast Foods, but it is sooo good.
Nation's: Bacon Cheese Burger (w/ grilled onions) and a side of Chili Cheese Fries. They put a head of lettuce and half an onion on there, but it such a good and juicy burger that your not gonna care. A little on the expensive side, but you'll likely enjoy every bite so it's worth it. Their breafst is good too. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, ham, sausage and toast.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
I've only been to Sonic's once and I think I just ordered a cheeseburger meal or something like that.  But, ****, it was GOOD.  It has this dry sort of flavour to the burger, not very greasy.  I would definitely go there again.  Though I don't like the drive-in setup.

I also forgot about Dick's in Seattle.  That's a good burger and cheap, too.  Don't get a small pop though because it's like a little dinky kid's drink.  Get at least a medium drink if you get one.  Dick's has this handmade relish of some sort.  It looks like green slime but it is great.  It's worth stopping by if you're in Seattle.  But then I do that whenever I travel in America.  In Canada we're a little weak on fast food variety but in the US there are all sorts of different local chains in the different states and I make a point to try them out.  Burgerville for example is pretty much only in the Portland area.  It's not an exceptional place but I felt I had to try it while in Portland because that's the only chance I would get to try it.

Someone can say the In-N-Out isn't as good as Five Guys (which I have never tried) but the thing is the closest In-N-Out to me is a 12 hour drive away.  If I'm in a California and In-N-Out is easily accessible I'm going there because it would be YEARS before I'm in an area with it again.  I've never tried White Castle before because I've never visited an area that has one.  Regardless of anyone's opinion of it I will try it out if I ever get the chance.  Scarcity plays a big effect.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
Yeah, I like Sonics. I usually get a chicken sandwich while im there, the onion rings are awesome.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »
The thing I should mention about Sonic's is that we had one pretty close to the house when I lived on the East Coast. I used to like it.... mostly for the roller skating older girls that came to my window(I was young.... elementary and then again for a summer in middle school).
Now In Cali, we used to see commercials all the freakin time and the food would look and sound so good, but the closest Sonics is 1-2 hours away depending on where you are. So they had me salivating to try their food again after all these years only to be completely underwhelmed by what that particular Sonic's had served me when I finally managed to be somewhere near enough one to stop by. I've eaten there once in the last 15+yrs, so I've tried almost nothing on the menu. Probably not fair to imply that all their food is generic.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
We have a local fast food chain here called Zips, they have really good tartar sauce at about half the locations.

There is also a cheesesteak and sub chain called Bruchis, which I treat myself to once in awhile.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »
i think the biggest problem Sonics has is that they fail at marketing. I remember eating there and it not sucking...but i can never remember what I ate

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
True.  I've hated the Sonic commericals for the last several years.  My wife and I like their Real Fruit Slushies, but we don't usually buy anything there other than that.  I dig their Spicy Southwest Breakfast Burrito, which they happen to have now, though it's also seasonal.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
Wahoo's Fish Tacos: Wahoo's bowl (Spicy grilled fish, brown rice, and black beans)

Chipotle: Chicken Burrito (black beans, veggies, corn salsa, mild salsa, guacamole, rice, and of course chicken)

Wendy's: As many chicken nuggets as I can order.

Carl's Jr. : Breakfast burger w/hashbrowns and a Dr. Pepper.

Sonic: I don't know if its just the locations that I have visited, but I have never particularly enjoyed their food or specialty drinks.

Chick-Fila: (See: Wendy's)

Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
ugh, i hate the Chipotle chain!

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 04:51:21 AM »
ugh, i hate the Chipotle chain!

Let's take this outside, sir.
Bless you, my child.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
I've heard some friends rave about Chipotle; they'll go out of their way to stop at one when they're on a roadtrip elsewhere in the state.   If I ever pass through there, I'll feel compelled to give it a try.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »
I've heard some friends rave about Chipotle; they'll go out of their way to stop at one when they're on a roadtrip elsewhere in the state.   If I ever pass through there, I'll feel compelled to give it a try.

What it comes down to is that you are getting quality ingredients and portions at a decent price. The food is tasty, well seasoned, and there isn't the "mystery" surrounding it in the same way that I can eat a dish at Taco Bell and not know what has just entered my system.
Bless you, my child.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 02:13:07 PM »

What it comes down to is that you are getting quality ingredients and portions at a decent price. The food is tasty, well seasoned, and there isn't the "mystery" surrounding it in the same way that I can eat a dish at Taco Bell and not know what has just entered my system.
But.... you can almost certainly get better and much more authentic Mexican food at the nearest Taqueria you can find.

I used to avoid Chipotle with a passion (who puts cabbage & white rice in their burritos?), but I realize I wasn't giving it a fair chance. One day my girl brought home burrito for me and I actually liked it. I asked where it was from (I assumed it was the Mexixan Grocery Store or a new taqueria she stopped by) and she surprised me with Chipotle. It wasn't the best, but it was pretty good, still a little too expensive for what you get though, but I honestly think I'm just super spoiled by my usual taqueria and my back up taqueria.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
at a decent price?
Thats why I don't like it. Its the most overpriced gringo establishment. The food is not terrible at all, but if you come into Tucson and then you go to Chipotle and all you want is a bean and cheese burrito they are just going to look at you funny and charge you like 6 bucks or however much it cost me that day. I used to go there and try out their fusion stuff every once in a while, but that was fine until they went and pissed me off. Not at all a decent price. I'd get a better deal going into a restaurant like La Parilla Suiza. I have to mention that outside of Mexican seafood, Tucson kinda sucks for Mexican food. The old ladies 5 dollar tomales outside of the bookstore even suck. There is still some good food, but nothing that blows you away like in Yuma where I'm from. If anyone ever ends up in Tucson I'd recommend La Casa Molina, for cheaper streetier food Los Betos.

never ever go to Qdoba mexican grill, they are fucking gross, and the ruined my stomach one day.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:44:27 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
It's interesting how the regional location of a city can affect the food variety availability. Here in Spokane, located in Eastern Washington state, we have only a few really good Mexican places and lots of mediocre ones. We do have a lot of good Asian food though. My friend from Tulsa, says it was the opposite in Oklahoma: Tons of good Mexican, but the only Chinese was cheap buffets.

We only have like 3-4 barbecue places too, and only one chicken place besides KFC. :(

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
I've only had Chipotle once but I really liked it. Way too expensive though. Also, not that anyone really cares, but I tried my first meatball marinera from subway today and it was kind of gross. I think I'm goin to just stop going there completely.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »

never ever go to Qdoba mexican grill, they are fucking gross, and the ruined my stomach one day.

On this, we agree. Qdoba is essentially a bad Chipotle- making it even worse for the angry anti-Chipotle mob gathering in the thread, and a disappointment to me. I got well acquainted with my toilet the night I ate Qdoba.

@ BlackNMild

I don't care for the portions at most authentic Taquerias out here in the suburbs, but I will agree that the Mexican food I grab in Grand Central Market, or really anywhere in Los Angeles, is around 100 times better than Chipotle. It is just that in the suburb I live in, prices are hiked up as people see a dime-sized taco as a delicacy.

I suppose I was just comparing Chipotle to the other chains that spring to mind when one says Mexican fast food (e.g. Del Taco and Taco Bell, at least out here).

EDIT: You know, this just sprung to my mind. Anyone that ever visits Vancouver should absolutely NOT dine at Steamrollers. Imagine Chipotle, but you literally watch them take the food out of cans and ready-made salad bags. Now imagine that they don't season any of it, raise the prices, and serve it to you in a soggy tortilla. And to think, people were lining up for that s***, it just supports ShyGuy's claim that fast food can really differ by location.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:30:10 PM by greybrick »
Bless you, my child.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:35 PM »
It's interesting how the regional location of a city can affect the food variety availability. Here in Spokane, located in Eastern Washington state, we have only a few really good Mexican places and lots of mediocre ones. We do have a lot of good Asian food though. My friend from Tulsa, says it was the opposite in Oklahoma: Tons of good Mexican, but the only Chinese was cheap buffets.

We only have like 3-4 barbecue places too, and only one chicken place besides KFC. :(

True story: in one of our local malls, nearly every single restaurant in the food court serves some variant of fast-food Chinese...even the "Mexican" place.   The only two other shops are a pizza place and a fast-food version of a Japanese grill.  It's unreal.