Author Topic: The crazy continues...Wii discussion please keep it civil.  (Read 9798 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: The crazy continues...Wii discussion please keep it civil.
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:31 AM »
If you like 3D Mario at all, you owe it to yourself to start with Super Mario Galaxy, in my opinion.  There's only two motion inputs

- pointing at screen to collect some on-screen currency.
- flicking the remote for a spin move that can damage enemies (optional move for the most part, I barely remember even using it).

I think given how cheap a used Wii is now, I bet you got it cheap enough to where there are enough games to get that make it a good enough value proposition.  I also think you've been given a pretty good summary from folks here of what might be the cream of the crop for the system.  More curious now about what your feedback will be on some of the games you try.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 08:02:55 PM »
If you like 3D Mario at all, you owe it to yourself to start with Super Mario Galaxy, in my opinion.  There's only two motion inputs

- pointing at screen to collect some on-screen currency.
- flicking the remote for a spin move that can damage enemies (optional move for the most part, I barely remember even using it).

I think given how cheap a used Wii is now, I bet you got it cheap enough to where there are enough games to get that make it a good enough value proposition.  I also think you've been given a pretty good summary from folks here of what might be the cream of the crop for the system.  More curious now about what your feedback will be on some of the games you try.

There are like two balancing levels as well, aren't there? when you're riding something in the water on a race course?

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 09:52:15 PM »
Please read the post with the list of games I have again, I already have the Galaxy games. I just say that because everyone keep suggesting them like I don't already know they exist.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:00:01 PM by supermario2k »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 01:28:27 AM »
Did anyone recommend Super Mario Galaxy yet?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »
Did anyone recommend Super Mario Galaxy yet?

Or maybe the second one?
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
Please read the post with the list of games I have again, I already have the Galaxy games. I just say that because everyone keep suggesting them like I don't already know they exist.

No.  :D

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 06:16:35 PM »
I'm going to go against the grain and say get New Super Mario Bros. Wii instead. I never hear anyone talk about this game, it's a bit of a hidden gem.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »
If you're interested in a Mario game for the Wii, I have to say that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is really good and I greatly recommend it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »
Made you look ****.

Offline supermario2k

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 10:38:23 PM »
I compiled a good list from the suggestions thanks guys.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 02:41:35 AM »
Play some, give us a verdict!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »

No.  :D

I don't know about ejamer, but Phil here was taking the proverbial piss!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 08:22:47 AM »
I'm going to go against the grain and say get New Super Mario Bros. Wii instead. I never hear anyone talk about this game, it's a bit of a hidden gem.

I agree with this, except if he already has New Super Mario Bros U.  That game does everything better than the Wii version, IMO.

Offline supermario2k

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »
Yeah have both Wii U New SMB games and yes I will get the other one eventually it's a top priority but it's $30, I can't pay that much for a video game right now. I mean I could but I won't.

I will be starting with Wii pointer/light gun games. I figure they are probably the most in line with my gameplay style. I will also be keeping an eye out for as many retro compilations as I can find. From there I will go down the list one game at a time buying the cheapest ones I come across first, or the 1st party games that I have already on my list of to-get. I have managed my expectations accordingly, I am suspecting that I will find a handful of fun games to enjoy, the rest I will probably just ignore or get elsewhere.