Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Impressions  (Read 1778 times)

Offline NWR_Josh

• The 23rd Buchan
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Impressions
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:41 AM »

I still don't see why Sonic needs a car. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/31721

Sonic is back in a whole new automotive incarnation. This time, Sonic and friends of the Sega-verse drive, fly and float along raceways all for the glory of first place. Between the wacky power-ups and car transformations I was a bit thrown off. The frame rate was a little slow, which is frankly quite odd for a racing game

The game looks nice enough and handles fairly well. There's not much to really say on the Blue Blur's racing game. It's better than Sonic R, although no soundtrack will ever beat that game's music. There's a good amount of creativity and thought put into it with all types of cars and racers making appearances in the game. The stages are fun, but a bit bland. 

One of the best parts of the game visually and gameplay-wise is when the vehicles transform from one mode to another. The change is seamless and looks pretty great. And who doesn't love watching a car turn into a boat?! The races are enjoyable and the perfect length. I just would like to see the game play a bit smoother. 

The game has some kinks in it, but it's far from terrible. I'm confident that after the game has been looked over one more time, any problems I could think of will be addressed and promptly fixed. The game has the potential to be great and I'm hoping it will be. 

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Impressions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 05:04:04 AM »
No word on the Wii U exclusive characters or modes yet I guess...

I liked the sound of that multiplayer mode where the GamePad tilts the level, Monkey Ball style!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline spitman

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
Holy Cow!   the frame rate for the last Sonic Racing game on Wii was bad!  I thought that finally I would get a smooth game.  I'll save my money for something else,  I can't deal with poor frame rates.

Offline Thaneros

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
He doesn't need the car but the character of Sonic does love competition and a good one. He handicaps himself sometimes to level the playing ground to have fun! 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
If Sonic wasn't in a car, he would easily beat everyone. It's why the Olympic games require to suspend your sense of realization because there shouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell of Mario or Bowser beating Sonic in a race.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
I don't see why you need half the things you own either. Let Sonic enjoy his car.

Offline NWR_Josh

• The 23rd Buchan
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
I stand by my original criticism! Sonic doesn't need a car! The only thing Sonic needs is a boat because... well... you know.