Author Topic: Super Zombi U, I'm freely warming up to it  (Read 86507 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Zombi U, I'm warming up to it
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »
Looking great now.   I get the feeling this game is going to be huge.

Huge in what way? Sales? Scope? Game world?

Huge where it counts.   That's what she said.
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »
Dude. You can't set yourself up for a "That's what she said". That's completely lame.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
Is it lame when stand-up comedians do it? They are up on the stage by themselves so they have to set up everything.
is your sanity...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
It's Ultra lame if you use the same joke over two thread at the same time.
I like my stylus being on the correct side of the handheld :P:

That's what she said. ;)
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
Is it lame when stand-up comedians do it? They are up on the stage by themselves so they have to set up everything.

But you aren't a stand-up comdian.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
I thought Michael Scott usually, but not always, set himself up for that joke also lol (on The Office for those who don't know)

As for ZombiU, I wish they would show us another stage already.  I'm loving the look to this game and I can only imagine what other locations they might have.  I can already see a subway stage and a wooded area with a couple of houses to rummage through. 

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »
Yeah the comic con demo was supposedly a new build. Still looking forward to this but I just hope it isn't to short or the replay value doesn't get boring. This and Darksiders 2 are looking to be my launch game purchases.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
This and Darksiders 2 are looking to be my launch game purchases.
And Assassins Creed 3!

I hope NintendoLand is a pack-in, too.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »

You're supporting third party games at launch? <3
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
Darksiders is my number 1 game. I will be getting this if the reviews are decent. I love the idea of fishing around in your back pack while things are still moving in the world. That's scary!

Tried playing at Comicon but it was by far the most popular game and I didnt feel like waiting.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:04 AM »
Should have used some of your martial arts to knock them geeks out of the way.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 02:10:55 AM »
ZombiU, Batman, and maybe Assassins 3 for me. I too want Nintendoland packed in.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
We got a new trailer making the rounds over at Neogaf, thought I'd share.  This trailer actually shows more of the game such as different areas and gives you some more info on the general gameplay, particularly in reference to the Zombies. 

Looks great to me.  The more I see it, the more confident I am on making it one of my day 1 purchases.  One thing I really like about this game is that the Zombies seem to go down fast with a well placed shot or two.  I HATED how the zombies in the RE series would just eat bullets.  They epitomize the phrase "bullet sponge" and in a survival horror game where ammunition is scarce, that is the worse gameplay feature to have.  I'm sure that could be argued either way though. 

Looking at the trailer though just got me thinking of some really great ways to promote this game.  That trailer in particular looks like it was made for theaters, especially with the suprise Zombie at the end.  This trailer, in English of course, should be aired during Paranormal Activity 4 this October in theaters and on AMC during the premier of the new season of Walking Dead.  If they can get this trailer on those 2 spots alone, I think this game will fly off shelves. 

What say you, my fellow NWR gamers?  I'll like to hear others thoughts on possible ways to get this game its due publicity. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:02:29 PM by Mannypon »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »
New offscreen gameplay in a new level!

Spitter Zombies
When online friend's characters die, they show up in your game and you can get their loot.
You can store your loot at your base so you don't lose it.
Armored Zombies require you to knock their helmet off.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
Wow. That was a really well-detailed and thorough play-through. I might have to replace NSMBU in my three launch titles. I can hold that off for a couple of months.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Drizzt

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »
This game just keeps getting better! :D

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 12:55:29 AM »
Yup, there is a single player story:

Love that atmosphere in the new footage. This thing is looking pretty.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »
They showed off this neat little tech demo at E3 where you can zombify your face using the pad's built in camera.

I am hoping it becomes more than a tech demo and you can map your own face to a zombie that can then spawn in a friend's game. Somehow I doubt this because it would be such a great feature that Ubisoft would have already shown it off by now.

I am also hoping you can do motion controlled melee combat, the Wii U pad essentially has the tech of a Wii Motion Plus so it should be pretty much 1:1. While the idea is cool the Wii U pad is quite expensive so I think Ubisoft wouldn't have included it for fear people will break their pads.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with the Demons Souls style messaging system. If you're not familiar with the game its essentially a way to leave a message in the game world by leaving a glowing message on the floor. You can't see the message straight away you have to go up to the glowing thing and press X before you can read it. What's fun about it is you can use it to either help or troll other players, but you'll never actually know if you've helped or hindered someone because your messages randomly show up for others. You don't even need to be in someone's friend list, all the messages are a result of the community as a whole. I remember this guy who saw a message that said there is a dangerous enemy ahead and to attack immediately but turned out to be a non-hostile character important to the story. You can permanently kill story characters in Dark Souls by the way and you can't reload your game, they are dead until the next playthrough.

Of course in ZombiU you can't write anything, you just have a bunch of predefined symbols you can select from to convey your message. Its like some kind of UV spray paint on a wall that can only be seen with the scanner.

Ubisoft mentioned you would be able to hunt down your friends infected survivors (not controlled by your friend) though its also not just limited to your friends but also other random players. There will be stats as well to see if your infected survivor has killed someone in their game.

People who were at the Eurogamer Expo said the handling on the guns were kind of sluggish, I'd put this down to the skill levelling system. Where when you start out as a new character you're essentially a newbie with all weapons and you handle them poorly, and the more you use them the better you get. When you die, you lose all your skills and start anew. People also said the game was incredibly dark, too dark even when using the in-game flash light which sounds like the people there didn't setup the gamma correctly either in-game or on the televisions they were using.

People also said they were disappointed that the sniping sections were not 1:1 motion. I can imagine why it wouldn't be 1:1, because you would have to hold the Wii U pad with the same precision as a real sniper rifle. Some guy also tried turning around 90 degrees while zoomed in to acquire his next zombie target which isn't how a sniper rifle is supposed to work. Like in real life you point the gun in the general direction of your target, zoom in on the scope, shoot and repeat. Don't make this mistake when you start playing.

I'd also like to point out its not the first game with real-time inventory management. I remember Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Resident Evil 5 had it but of course its not the same when you can see everything on one screen.

As you can see I am a huge fan of this game because I've been digging up every little bit of information about it since it was announced.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
Haven't the trailers shown off motion controls? I seem to remember having to shake the gamepad to knock Zombies off you.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

You're supporting third party games at launch? <3

I guess it looks that way. Though I've decided to drop Darksiders 2 and jut go with ZombiU and Black Ops 2 along with Nintendo Land that comes in the bundle. I'm just not in the mood for another 2D Mario game. I passed on New Super Mario Bros 2 and passing on NSMBU as well. How long I play Nintendo Land after my other games arrive is questionable as well as I just want the black system and everything else in the package more.

I love Nintendo's games but not going to buy them just because they're Nintendo's games going forward when they don't interest me that much.  Part of why I'm not disappointed Pikmin 3 isn't at launch. Willing to try it out but no history with it and have no emotional connection with it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
I would imagine the real face zombie mode has to be integrated into the game somehow. They did show it off on Jimmy Fallon.

The melee does uses motion controls I remember an early trailer showing the player swing an axe at the Zombie's head by swinging the gamepad.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 05:47:48 AM »
A new video

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
Some new videos up with a supposedly updated build which fixed a couple of the issues most people previously had such as floaty controls.  Game just keeps getting better and better.
http://www.gamesradar.com/zombiu-preview-how-survive-first-hours-game/
Quickplay video is at the bottom of the last link.  Its a good 10+ minutes of gameplay.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41:09 AM »
That gamesradar playthrough was the hawtness.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »
If you liked that one Shyguy, check THIS out man lol.  Please ignore if you don't want the beginning spoiled for you though.  This video seems to be the starting stage and it gives out a few unknown (to me) gameplay tidbits like a nasty way to regain health (which could backfire and damage you instead lol).

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/kw1utu/zombiu-bunker-walkthrough-part-i

Play it in HD and the game looks amazing.  The lighting is rediculously good.  I'm thinking these gameplay videos are coming from the Review copies.  The game is coming out in a matter of weeks so I'm sure review copies are out by now to ensure the reviews come out around release.  The game looks complete from what I can see. 

EDIT: If you want a few good laughs and a lot of "smh" then please do read the comments under the video.  The Sony/MS fanboyism on there is palpable. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:14:10 PM by Mannypon »