Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 404252 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
@Mannypon

I agree. If the PS3 can produce games like Uncharted 3 using 6-year-old hardware, then the Wii U's modern hardware will produce some incredible games.

Some people are claiming that the Wii U is only competing with the current gen systems, but they aren't seeing the bigger picture. The Wii U is the start of the 8th generation, so why are people comparing it to 6-year-old consoles? That's like saying the SEGA Genesis competed with the original NES.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #326 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
Well, the Genesis technically was competing with the SNES in Sega's eyes and Nintendo's eyes. And the SNES didn't come out until 2 years after Genesis.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2012, 10:53:03 PM »
http://www.upicuparty.com/

Snap a pic for your chance to win a Wii U™ party and a Wii U prize package!

Submit a photo showing us why you want a Wii U™ party! Use your arms, your body, or even your friends to create a U… be creative and have some fun with it. You could be one of five lucky winners to get a Wii U party before launch day and a Wii U prize pack consisting of a Wii U™ system, eight Wii U™ video games, four Wii Remote™ controllers, two Nunchuk™ controllers, a Wii U™ Pro Controller and an HD TV!
Show us how you will play next and submit your photo today.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:55 AM »
So, does anyone have any ideas?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2012, 01:12:15 AM »
Use all of our avatars. Or use Woolite and a dark light.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »

Your mom's legs?

No let me try that again.

Your mom's legs and my penis.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
Alright, sent. hanks for the advice! But instead of your penis, I just used my own.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
I love how they totally skimp out on nunchuk controllers.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
I'm going to try and do something Wushu related.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »
Wii no Ma LIVES!!!
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2012/10/11/60455.html
Quote from: Hobby @ NeoGAF
the Wii no Ma company, the joint venture between Nintendo and Dentsu that previously managed the Wii no Ma service in Japan has changed its name to the Nintendo Network Service company on 10/1. Though the Wii no Ma service was discontinued on 4/30/2012, the company wasn't dissolved, and will continue forward doing network services related work.

I thought it was discontinued for cost or usership reasons... I guess it was just being retooled and renamed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Nintendo Restructuring for 2013
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »
Shikamaru Ninja compiles some interesting tidbits about what Nintendo has planned for the very near future:

Quote from: Shikamaru Ninja @ NeoGAF
Satoru Iwata has big plans for Nintendo Company Limited in 2013. Iwata, who architectured the big restructure of 2002 where he dissolved the legendary Nintendo R&D1 and Nintendo R&D2 to strengthen Nintendo EAD and also create Nintendo SPD. Iwata has long admitted several deficits in the company he wanted to address, including expanding the network team of Nintendo, and initiating another huge rehaul of the software development division.

By December 2012, Iwata hopes to put place a new mysterious restructure of R&D which revolves around a new Kyoto R&D building hoping to exlusively house over 1200 developers. Previously, Nintendo has its R&D split between its main Central Building and its old Kyoto Research Institute Building. It is very unclear how the third R&D building will change the dynamic in Kyoto, but Iwata has mentioned wanting to support expansion as well as efficiency.

Additionally, Nintendo has continued to expand R&D operations in its Tokyo sector. Tokyo being the largest city of Japan by far, has created a window where several veteran developers from Square, SEGA, Koei, Epoch, and Konami can easily transition to join the EAD Tokyo development section.

But alongside all the expansion in Kyoto and Tokyo, comes the biggest news that Shigeru Miyamoto is expected to leave the EAD Division most likely by December 2012. Miyamoto has expressed concern that his presence is over shining all the new producers and directors creating content in the EAD Division (the largest of two gaming divisions at Nintendo). Miyamoto has vocalized his intent of stepping aside as General Manager of EAD to perhaps to create a third development sector where he would work with younger developers and focus on smaller resource, and faster to develop games.

2013 Expected Iwata Changes
+ Major shift in Kyoto development sources involving 3 R&D buildings
+ Shigeru Miyamoto stepping down as EAD General Manager
+ Takash Tezuka becoming new EAD General Manager
+ New Groups / New Producers announced for EAD Kyoto / SPD Kyoto
+ EAD Tokyo Expansion / Masahiro Sakurai Possibly Joining EAD Tokyo
+ New Division lead by Miyamoto with younger staff focused on smaller scale games
+ Miyamoto's Departure Inspiring New IPs for the EAD Kyoto Division

Source: Guardian UK. Nikkei. Wired.
Source: Shikamaru Ninja @ NeoGAF

and for those of don't know Shikamaru Ninja, he has contacts in Nintendo and constantly clues us into things happening behind the scenes. He is a trusted source of Nintendo information coming straight out of Japan.

Quote from: Skiamaru Ninja
I have EAD guys on my facebook. I can post some crazy stuff if i really wanted to. But this is a rather neutral post. And I even posted the sources that hinted at all this stuff.

He post this as a fact (something that is in the works), and not a rumor (speculation based on heresay), but I guess we won't know for sure until it actually happens.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 07:47:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »
If true, I look forward to it. Miyamoto refocusing on smaller projects separate from the main EAD work will force others to step up to the plate and contribute their own new ideas and perspectives, and Miyamoto can be free to work closely developing vital future talent.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2012, 12:50:12 AM »
from a strategy game perspective, if you had all the programmers working together making engines, all the artist working together making content you could make **** faster and better.

manager to 30 artists...draw kirby! 90 drawings of kirby in 3 hours
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Amazing Spider Man Wii U Spring 2013
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2012, 05:55:01 AM »
The Amazing Spiderman coming to Wii U Spring 2013
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/13/3497648/the-amazing-spider-man-coming-to-wii-u-next-spring
The Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel and Beenox's latest entry into the web-slinging franchise, will come to the Wii U next spring with all of the title's DLC and special Gamepad functionality, Marvel announced during its NYCC 2012 panel.

The game will feature the expansions that have been released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game so far, including the Rhino Challenge Pack, the Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack, the Lizard Rampage Pack, and the delightful Stan Lee Adventure Pack.

The title will feature optional motion controls, and will also let the player use the Gamepad's touchscreen to navigate the interface of the Osphone, Amazing Spider-Man's in-game menu which lets the player chart a path through the city using GPS, among other functions.

looks like Wii U gets the best version.... was the game any good to begin with?

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »
I believe it is an average game going by reviews. It has a 68 metacritic. I believe the general consensus was that it was better than the last couple of Spiderman games but 2 (Or was it 1) is the better game.

Looks like Activision has decided to port most of their games to the Wii U. I guess it's still better than EA's support. I'm still very surprised that Ubisoft is arguably the third party that is supporting the Wii U the most.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:34 AM »
I'm still very surprised that Ubisoft is arguably the third party that is supporting the Wii U the most.

I don't think there's anything arguable about it. Ubi has more games announced for the system than anyone (including Nintendo themselves) including several exclusive titles like ZombiU and Rayman Legends.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Spider Man Wii U Spring 2013
« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
The Amazing Spiderman coming to Wii U Spring 2013
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/13/3497648/the-amazing-spider-man-coming-to-wii-u-next-spring
The Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel and Beenox's latest entry into the web-slinging franchise, will come to the Wii U next spring with all of the title's DLC and special Gamepad functionality, Marvel announced during its NYCC 2012 panel.

The game will feature the expansions that have been released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game so far, including the Rhino Challenge Pack, the Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack, the Lizard Rampage Pack, and the delightful Stan Lee Adventure Pack.

The title will feature optional motion controls, and will also let the player use the Gamepad's touchscreen to navigate the interface of the Osphone, Amazing Spider-Man's in-game menu which lets the player chart a path through the city using GPS, among other functions.

looks like Wii U gets the best version.... was the game any good to begin with?

I Platinum-ed the PS3 version, and I thought it was quite good.  I didn't like it as much as that team's previous SM: Shattered Dimensions game, but I enjoyed my time with it.  I don't see much point to releasing the Wii U version of the game so long after the film even hits home video, but whatever.  The DLC was never anything special from all accounts, so at least you get that for free.

And I'm sorry, but Spider-Man 2 was always a terrible game.  People just got enamored with the web-slinging mechanic and forgot that everything else about that game was **** (especially compared to Ultimate Spider-Man, which followed it).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
Re: Nintendo Restructuring for 2013
« Reply #342 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:49 AM »
Shikamaru Ninja compiles some interesting tidbits about what Nintendo has planned for the very near future:

Quote from: Shikamaru Ninja @ NeoGAF
Satoru Iwata has big plans for Nintendo Company Limited in 2013. Iwata, who architectured the big restructure of 2002 where he dissolved the legendary Nintendo R&D1 and Nintendo R&D2 to strengthen Nintendo EAD and also create Nintendo SPD. Iwata has long admitted several deficits in the company he wanted to address, including expanding the network team of Nintendo, and initiating another huge rehaul of the software development division.

By December 2012, Iwata hopes to put place a new mysterious restructure of R&D which revolves around a new Kyoto R&D building hoping to exlusively house over 1200 developers. Previously, Nintendo has its R&D split between its main Central Building and its old Kyoto Research Institute Building. It is very unclear how the third R&D building will change the dynamic in Kyoto, but Iwata has mentioned wanting to support expansion as well as efficiency.

Additionally, Nintendo has continued to expand R&D operations in its Tokyo sector. Tokyo being the largest city of Japan by far, has created a window where several veteran developers from Square, SEGA, Koei, Epoch, and Konami can easily transition to join the EAD Tokyo development section.

But alongside all the expansion in Kyoto and Tokyo, comes the biggest news that Shigeru Miyamoto is expected to leave the EAD Division most likely by December 2012. Miyamoto has expressed concern that his presence is over shining all the new producers and directors creating content in the EAD Division (the largest of two gaming divisions at Nintendo). Miyamoto has vocalized his intent of stepping aside as General Manager of EAD to perhaps to create a third development sector where he would work with younger developers and focus on smaller resource, and faster to develop games.

2013 Expected Iwata Changes
+ Major shift in Kyoto development sources involving 3 R&D buildings
+ Shigeru Miyamoto stepping down as EAD General Manager
+ Takash Tezuka becoming new EAD General Manager
+ New Groups / New Producers announced for EAD Kyoto / SPD Kyoto
+ EAD Tokyo Expansion / Masahiro Sakurai Possibly Joining EAD Tokyo
+ New Division lead by Miyamoto with younger staff focused on smaller scale games
+ Miyamoto's Departure Inspiring New IPs for the EAD Kyoto Division

Source: Guardian UK. Nikkei. Wired.
Source: Shikamaru Ninja @ NeoGAF

and for those of don't know Shikamaru Ninja, he has contacts in Nintendo and constantly clues us into things happening behind the scenes. He is a trusted source of Nintendo information coming straight out of Japan.

Quote from: Skiamaru Ninja
I have EAD guys on my facebook. I can post some crazy stuff if i really wanted to. But this is a rather neutral post. And I even posted the sources that hinted at all this stuff.

He post this as a fact (something that is in the works), and not a rumor (speculation based on heresay), but I guess we won't know for sure until it actually happens.

Why would Nintendo be telling him this stuff if they know he'll just leak it all over the interwebs? He's just some random NeoGAF poster, I doubt he has access to confidential info from the higher-ups at Nintendo.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 14, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
Tendo boy is making sense?

actually to be honest i don't even know, I allways get Tendoboy, chozo ghost and kytim mixed up in my head.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 14, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »
Tendo boy is making sense?

actually to be honest i don't even know, I allways get Tendoboy, chozo ghost and kytim mixed up in my head.

We're all the same person...

*conspiracy theories*

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 14, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »
Why would Nintendo be telling him this stuff if they know he'll just leak it all over the interwebs? He's just some random NeoGAF poster, I doubt he has access to confidential info from the higher-ups at Nintendo.

I don't know what his occupation is, but he has confirmed enough stuff to be taken seriously.
He lives in Japan and seems to know some of these people on a personal level.

And believe it or not, but a lot of people with ties to the industry have GAF accounts, they just don't always say that because then people would hit them up for info all the time on the forums.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 14, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »

I don't know what his occupation is, but he has confirmed enough stuff to be taken seriously.

And believe it or not, but a lot of people with ties to the industry have GAF accounts, they just don't always say that because then people would hit them up for info all the time on the forums.

Even still, the people who work at Nintendo might/will lose their jobs for leaking info to this "Shikimaru Ninja" guy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 14, 2012, 11:23:16 PM »

Even still, the people who work at Nintendo might/will lose their jobs for leaking info to this "Shikimaru Ninja" guy.

Not our problem nor our concern. He knows what he is doing and he doesn't share the supposed "crazy" stuff that he does know. I'm sure that if he thought that anything he was sharing would endanger the well being of one of his sources, he wouldn't share it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 15, 2012, 12:36:58 AM »
We're all the same person...

*conspiracy theories*

tendoboy, chozo, kytim, oblivion, and therat are the same poster: confirmed.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Retro's NEW Studio
« Reply #349 on: October 15, 2012, 12:49:14 AM »
Retro Studios gets some new Digs
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.n1ntendo.nl%2Farticle%2F38959%2F1%2FAll%2Fretro-studios-verhuist-naar-een-veel-groter-kantoor&act=url

They moved to a MUCH larger building, which is understandable, considering all the new people they've been hiring recently.

Old:

New:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:50:50 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »