Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3163753 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7750 on: October 01, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »
Well yeah since videogames take years to make.

That's why I specifically said in my post that this should have been done years ago. That was my whole point. Waiting until its too late was a mistake. Sure, it will be a good thing for the Wii U, but it should have been done when it could have saved the Wii.
is your sanity...

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: October 01, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »
That's why I specifically said in my post that this should have been done years ago. That was my whole point. Waiting until its too late was a mistake. Sure, it will be a good thing for the Wii U, but it should have been done when it could have saved the Wii.

Like I already said in my post, the Wii didn't need saving until 2011.  By that time it was too late to get anything done since its successor was just a year away.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: October 02, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
Platinum is making Ground Zeros? I thought that was Kojima's baby?

In your ideal scenario, who would you want to buy out Platinum? Konami, SEGA, or Nintendo?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: October 02, 2012, 11:59:47 AM »
Platinum is making Ground Zeros?
No, Kojima Productions is. I was suggesting Nintendo ask Konami to allow Platinum Games to port the game to Wii U since they're familiar with the hardware.

Also, I would want Nintendo to buy Platinum Games. They fill a need for Nintendo and I would never need another console to play their games. That's just economical for me.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: October 02, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »
I'd want Platinum to stay independent.  I'm tired of larger game companies gobbling up the independents.  I think too much consolidation will lead to bad things.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7755 on: October 02, 2012, 02:13:15 PM »
I disagree. I'd love for Nintendo to grab them. They need some big guns to fight this war, and even though I disagree, western gamers don't consider Zelda, Mario, and Metroid big guns anymore. Seriously, look at the outrage that Bayonetta 2 has caused among core, western gamers online.

Nintendo needs more of that. Because if they do, then maybe western gamers will start taking them a bit more serious.

Could you imagine the riots if Nintendo purchased Naughty Dog from Sony? I fully believe people would commit suicide (as ridiculous as that sounds).
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: October 02, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
Like I already said in my post, the Wii didn't need saving until 2011.  By that time it was too late to get anything done since its successor was just a year away.

I would argue the Wii needed saving since about 2009. But either way, even if it didn't need saving it never hurts to expand the game support of the platform regardless. Nintendo (or anyone) shouldn't be content with game support being "good enough". They should never stop looking to expand it, whether its necessary or not.

And as far as saving a console goes, the wisest policy instead of saving it is to never let it get to the point where it needs to be saved in the first place. The path of wisdom is to think ahead and plan for the future so you never get into a position where there are lengthy game droughts. If it requires you to do something years in advance, then do it years in advance. Don't wait until its too late before you do it.
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: October 02, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »
you cant control sales for third party games, that what ultimately hurt the wii. They sucked. Third parties didn't know what to do. The Wii was a success...for Nintendo. I think the Wii U will do what the Wii didn't. There are so many options, and its very versatile.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: October 02, 2012, 09:44:05 PM »
I can't remember who it was at Nintendo but they said they made the mistake was pushing too much in to casual gaming. While they made a lot of money from the casual gamers they weren't the type to stick around long enough to give Nintendo long lasting success. The core gamers are the ones who will stick around and continually increase their library of games.

I disagree. I'd love for Nintendo to grab them. They need some big guns to fight this war, and even though I disagree, western gamers don't consider Zelda, Mario, and Metroid big guns anymore.
You're underestimating the star power of Zelda and Metroid. Everytime a Wii U article gets posted somewhere I read comments like "I don't care about the specs I just want to play the next Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda and Metroid" I certainly consider Nintendo's key franchises to be big guns. If you mean "western gamers" as in the ones who exclusively play CoD and insert annual sports game here then you would be right.

I have no figures but I just imagine a lot of people grew up playing Nintendo games because that's what their parents bought for them; Nintendo being the most child friendly console maker. I expect when the Wii U is released parents will buy it for their kids once again thus ensuring a new generation that will be filled with excitement when next big Nintendo game or console is released. That nostalgia is something that stays.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: October 02, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »
What I really hate is how PC elitist gamers consider themselves to be the only "true" gamers, like they're all part of some exclusive club. There's no such thing as a "true gamer". Gaming is for everyone enjoys it, regardless of whether they're casual players or mainstream "core" gamers.

I guess film critics are the only ones who truly appreciate movies, or painting is the only "true" art. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: October 04, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
I can't remember who it was at Nintendo but they said they made the mistake was pushing too much in to casual gaming. While they made a lot of money from the casual gamers they weren't the type to stick around long enough to give Nintendo long lasting success. The core gamers are the ones who will stick around and continually increase their library of games.

I am very interested to read this interview.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: October 04, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »

I'm pretty certain Iwata said that. So far things seem to be moving smoothly. So far...
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: October 07, 2012, 02:09:58 AM »
What I really hate is how PC elitist gamers consider themselves to be the only "true" gamers, like they're all part of some exclusive club. There's no such thing as a "true gamer". Gaming is for everyone enjoys it, regardless of whether they're casual players or mainstream "core" gamers.

I guess film critics are the only ones who truly appreciate movies, or painting is the only "true" art. See how ridiculous that sounds?

It's called the "Master Race" apparently.

Yeah Iwata said that earlier this year http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Nintendo+news/news.asp?c=40568
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
I'd want Platinum to stay independent.  I'm tired of larger game companies gobbling up the independents.  I think too much consolidation will lead to bad things.

You know those larger companies had to start out somewhere right? Every successful company has humble beginnings. Buying out companies and forming partnerships is the only way to grow in today's corporate world. That's how capitalism works.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: October 09, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

You know those larger companies had to start out somewhere right? Every successful company has humble beginnings. Buying out companies and forming partnerships is the only way to grow in today's corporate world. That's how capitalism works.

I...can't say I agree. You can still grow organically, or at least mostly-organically.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: October 10, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
Here is one I think we missed, not sure if it was posted already:

http://d.iplsc.com/ebi/35773/Raport_IIQ_2012-08gotowy.pdf
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation coming to Wii U?

Quote from: google translated
In June of 2012. A similar procedure has been completed regarding Nintendo, the third largest operator in the stationary consoles market. The Farm 51 Group developer has obtained an official game development license for the Wii U, whose premiere is planned in the fourth quarter of 2012. It should be noted that unlike the Xbox 360 platform and PlayStation 3, which are available on the market for several years, the opportunity to create games for the Wii U before the planned market launch is made ​​available only to developers who are are planning to release titles in the coming years particularly of interest to Nintendo. In this case, not only the history but experience and current status of the issuer was analyzed, as well as the market potential for future products. The issuer has taken this action in cooperation with the publisher Nordic Games, in plans involving production and release of new games in the series "Painkiller" for the Wii U.
source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41028909&postcount=16016

I'm really hoping Wii U becomes a PC port haven, a sort of console version of steam with retain and indie PC projects. Touch screen controller really opens up the input options for PC style games.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: November 16, 2012, 02:17:51 AM »

]http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/16/next-generation-unexpected-game-coming-to-wii-u/

IdeaMan, a very reputible insider from Neogaf, has said a branded game that was thought to not be able to run on the Wii U is being made for the system. He knows what it is but can't reveal it.

Looking for the actual quote.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:26:08 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: November 16, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
hmmm.... any ideas? can't really think of any such game.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: November 16, 2012, 02:23:45 AM »
Maybe that new Star Wars? 2020 or something?

RomanceDawn

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: November 16, 2012, 02:31:06 AM »
It says "couldn't run on the Wii U". To me that implies it was  formally PC exclusive?  If it couldn't run on Wii U, then how would it run on the PS3 or 360?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7770 on: November 16, 2012, 02:47:59 AM »
There aren't that many developers who said anything at all about how possible or not their new games are on WiiU.

Off the top of my head: Kojima with Ground Zero and Ancel with Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: November 16, 2012, 02:49:32 AM »
It says "couldn't run on the Wii U". To me that implies it was  formally PC exclusive?  If it couldn't run on Wii U, then how would it run on the PS3 or 360?

Your right, I don't know what I was thinking.

RomanceDawn

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: November 16, 2012, 04:54:55 AM »
I'm really hoping Wii U becomes a PC port haven, a sort of console version of steam with retain and indie PC projects. Touch screen controller really opens up the input options for PC style games.
Nintendo should have bought Blizzard when they had the chance. They could have Starcraft, Diablo and/or WoW working on WiiU in no time.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Neifirst

• View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: November 16, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »
Maybe that high profile game is Watch_Dogs.  It's an Ubisoft title, and they seem to be 100% behind the WiiU. 

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: November 16, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Nintendo should have bought Blizzard when they had the chance. They could have Starcraft, Diablo and/or WoW working on WiiU in no time.
I don't know if WoW be a good fit for the WiiU with the mods necessary for the game.  Now Diablo and Starcraft sure.  Especially Diablo.

I'm going to throw out anything on this list with Kinect Required.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.