Author Topic: Zelda Triforce Heroes - Let's play dress-up!  (Read 13369 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Zelda Triforce Heroes - Let's play dress-up!
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
I just got the game and haven't tried playing yet - but there seems to be enough interest here for some matchmaking.

Starting this thread so that we can see who is interested and figure out when people are available.
(I'm often available after 7pm Eastern during weeknights, starting next week.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda Triforce Heroes - Let's play dress-up!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:21:22 AM »
Yeah, I'd be up for it. I've been threatening to start playing this game and getting a forum group together to do it for over a year now so time to get it done. This and Federation Force which is also now getting some traction in the "You vs Khushrenada" thread.

Anyways, same as I mentioned in that thread, I'm going to be away over the long weekend so won't be able to do anything right away and if Pokepal148's MP:FF shows up on Tuesday than I'm probably playing it that night provided Mop it up is in. Earliest I can hook up with you would be Thursday evening if you want to set that as the launch date. Maybe I'll be switching back and forth between groups for MP and TH. Give the 3DS some long nights.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 11:40:41 AM »
Sounds like Thursday might be what we want to shoot for.

Yeah, I'd be up for it. I've been threatening to start playing this game and getting a forum group together to do it for over a year now so time to get it done. This and Federation Force which is also now getting some traction in the "You vs Khushrenada" thread.
I just hope that you don't start playing single player and then get bored of the games and don't want to play multiplayer anymore. :P

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 12:24:13 PM »
Who can say? But I'm not willing to take that option off the table at this time. :evil;

I'd probably be up for a bit more LM2 multiplayer if I knew there wouldn't be so many connection failures. I dislike playing for 2 hours yet not being able to make much progress because of that. It just feels like spinning wheels. But, playing with actual people would still be a bit more enjoyable than the single player focus I took. I just thought I could earn that last E. Gadd badge and then retire the game and move on to another in my backlog like LOZ:TF or MP:FF.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 12:39:04 PM »
I understand. I think it just goes to show one of the differences between us. Myself, I don't care about achievement type stuff, I just like to play, so it doesn't matter to me if a play session gets cut short from an error and no reward is given. I get how that is frustrating to the people who enjoy going for that kind of stuff and I think it's one of the causes of the lower scores I've seen for the game. I'm not arguing it isn't a fair criticism, as it is, just not one I care about meself.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
I'm not always into achievements myself although I do like the sense of satisfaction from knowing I completely covered a game or what the developers wanted to challenge me with. It just seemed like an more reliable way to speed that process up without having to arrange a time to meet up and then still suffer losses of progress.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »
Thursday evening sounds great!  Let's do it!

What time (and timezones) are people available at?
I'm good from about 7-10pm Eastern, and hoping that window might work for others.

(Also need to play Luigi's Mansion 2 at some point - haven't gotten around to it yet despite really enjoying the original game. One thing at a time though.)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »
Anyone care to comment on timing?

Also, do we need to play solo before meeting online (because it's possibly I haven't had time to pop the cart in yet...)?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
Well, Mop it up is usually good to start playing by 8:00 PM EST but we should wait and hear from her for sure as to when she's available. I would be ready today to start at 7:00 EST or after so whenever Mop it up is ready will probably be when we start.

As for playing solo, it's probably a good idea to just pop it in and play through it a bit. When I played Metroid Prime: Federation Force on Tuesday, I held things up a bit by needing to get through the opening cutscenes and training before I could join the others. Even then, it took a bit for me to adjust and get into the game. Pokepal148 had just picked up the game on Tuesday but he played through the first three missions on his own before he joined up so he had a good understanding of how to play and was ready. I'm going to follow that example and play a bit of this today before we join up tonight.

Also, have you joined up on to NWR's Discord channel? When I've playing games with other NWR users, it's the place we've been going to (specifically the multiplayer chat channel) to type and communicate as we're playing. When the time comes to start playing this then I'll be heading there.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »
I wouldn't be free until later. Will see how it goes once my certification class is done.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
Yeah I should be good to go sometime between 7 and 8, not sure exactly when.

I don't remember there being anything you need to play before jumping online. The levels are the same whether they are in single player or multiplayer, however the progression is tracked separately for them. This means that completing a world in multiplayer won't unlock the next world for single player and vice versa. In single player, you still have three Links, but the other two don't move and you swap control between them. Pretty clunky, I don't recommend it.

Personally, I think it's more fun to just jump in headfirst and start playing online with us. Who needs practice? Learn on the job! It's always a good way to gain experience or at least provide entertainment for anyone watching. It's a cooperative game anyway so you've not competing with anyone.

I wouldn't be free until later. Will see how it goes once my certification class is done.
That's fine because the game is limited to 3 players and we already have 3 lined up to start with. If one person wants to quit before the other 2 then maybe you can sub in for them.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »
That's fine because the game is limited to 3 players and we already have 3 lined up to start with. If one person wants to quit before the other 2 then maybe you can sub in for them.

This sounds like the Canadian way of saying you are ready to give up on me already!   :'(
(Which is probably fair, to be honest...)

@Stratos: Do join if you are up for it! I don't mind subbing out or taking turns or whatever.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 06:50:26 PM »
If you haven't played or started the game yet (Stratos or ejamer) then do so. I got into the game today and there is a bit of stuff you have to do before you can start playing either online or in single player. It's a pretty basic game it seems but I'm curious to see what it will be like as we dive deeper.

You are limited in the costume you can wear at first and need to collect materials to unlock the others which are gained by quests in the dungeons. That seems to be the main hook. Also, have we exchanged 3DS friend codes? I know I have with Stratos and Mop but not sure if we've ever done that.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 06:53:23 PM »
Since we aren't sure yet when Mop is ready to start and I'm not sure if ejamer has done the preliminary work to open the multiplayer mode yet, I am going to step out for a moment. Should be ready by 8:00 PM EST then. I'll be in Discord now. Depending how it goes for everyone, we may be able to start sooner but right now that is looking the best time to begin.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »

This sounds like the Canadian way of saying you are ready to give up on me already!   :'(
(Which is probably fair, to be honest...)
Wait what? That wasn't what I was saying at all!

You are limited in the costume you can wear at first and need to collect materials to unlock the others which are gained by quests in the dungeons. That seems to be the main hook.
That and there are also three challenges per level that I'm sure you'll want to go for. The game can be surprisingly challenging at times.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »
I just got kids to bed (after we played through the first stage of the first level together)... so am ready to go except for needing friend codes after getting a new 3DS.  Mine hasn't changed, but after my 3DS sat on a shelf for over a year I removed anyone who I didn't live locally - adding them back now.

Edit:  Err... only see Mop it up's code listed in the 3DS friend codes thread, so Stratos and Khushrenada will have to hit me up with their code directly?  Mine is 0001-3482-5503
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:07:26 PM by ejamer »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 07:02:55 PM »
Yeah, I was curious how that worked. I played the first woodlands area but when I went back it didn't open up a new section of that area that I noticed unless I had to actually select and play it again. I figure I have to go through the first 4 areas of a dungeon in order to then open up these other paths or challenges or am I mistaken?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 07:04:05 PM »
I feel so rejected!

4038-6104-5683

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »
What is your 3DS FC then ejamer?

Mine is 0559-6832-7473

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
Also, how did Mop it up change her custom title?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »

Mine is 0559-6832-7473

Added!  Does it still take up to 24 hours to resolve though?
Mine is 0001-3482-5503

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »
Also, how did Mop it up change her custom title?

It's a secret to everybody.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:14:25 PM by Mop it up »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 07:11:35 PM »

Not anymore - NWR Khush is on mah list!
Do we start playing now?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 07:11:41 PM »

Mine is 0559-6832-7473

Added!  Does it still take up to 24 hours to resolve though?
Mine is 0001-3482-5503

Nope. I've added you and we are already linked. I can see you are online also.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »

Not anymore - NWR Khush is on mah list!
Do we start playing now?

Lucky you. That's like catching a legendary Pokemon. I was just stating to Mop my intention to run out and get something to eat. So hungry. So so hungry.

But if you want to get into it. I can put off sustenance for a little while longer. Also, Discord now for faster chatting.