Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Rumor: Just Sniffing Around

<< < (4/6) > >>

nolimit19:
has nintendo not gotten the tools to make the cube online to 3rd paties yet??? if i knew that a week ago i wouldnt have ordered a broadband adapter. i am expecting to use at least 5 games online for my cube, but i agree with rick. if they dont announce anything by e3 i doubt there will be much online for the cube at all. its not that big of a deal to me anyways, but its still a nice bonus. especially mario kart online. i could play all my buddies off at different colleges and what not.  

Mingesium:
3rd parties should have tools to create online titles by now. I read somewhere that Nintendo was too slow with the tools and that is why last years games (Timesplitters 2 for lan, Tony Hawk online) didn't support the broadband adapter. Ghost Recon is a weird situation because the PS2 version isn't online. Maybe Microsoft paid for it or something.

I just noticed that F-Zero would be considered a Sega game. Since the PSO card game is probable their lan title, the odds are that F-Zero won't have lan gaming.

nolimit19:
to me it would seem likely that fzero was online or at least supports lan play, because sega has worked on so many online games(even one for the cube). i will take either or and i will be dissapointed if the game isnt online.

BlkPaladin:
I serieiously doubt that F-Zero will have online, but Lan maybe another thing. Its just that I doubt Nintendo would allow Sega to host a Nintendo franchise on their servers and make money for themselves that way.

Mingesium:

I doubt Nintendo would allow Sega to host a Nintendo franchise on their servers and make money for themselves that way.
--- End quote ---

Sega wouldn't be making any money because they wouldn't charge anything. Nintendo's online games will be like the PS2. The only games that require a monthly charge would be the MMORPGs like Final Fantasy and Everquest. The online games are peer to peer.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version