Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 2 - The Wine Cellar.

(1/7) > >>

Khushrenada:
Story Post

Khushrenada:
Announcements Post:

Day 1 Results

- No one eliminated in the Day Vote
- ThePerm (Gooigi) Killed by King Boo
- NWR_Insanolord (The Brain) Killed by Luigi

Ah, those crazy day one results. Definitely a mixed bag here. The King Boo Mafia has eliminated Gooigi which means there is now only one killer left in the game. This means Luigi can now make a hit every night which may make him more powerful much faster. Luigi has already hurt the Ghosts by taking away their detective and getting the Virtual Boo ability for himself.

This means there are 16 players still alive. That means the number of votes needed to reach the Majority Vote on a target is 9.

Voting period will be close to 49 hours. A little bit of extra generosity as we play through the weekend and with Metroid Dread having released. That means the Day will end on 2 PM EST Oct. 10 aka 11 AM PST Oct. 10 aka 3 AM Perth Time Oct. 11 if a majority vote is not reached to end the day sooner.

Yesterday, I brought up the subject of what to do about improperly edited vote changes. I proposed a solution about it but saw absolutely no response on it. So, here it is again.

What if we no longer care too much about editing a previous vote? Just let it be. Rather, if a player casts a new vote, it automatically invalidates their previous vote. When tallying the day vote, I use an Excel sheet with all the players listed and mark that Day's vote to their name. Thus, if I start from the end of the day thread and work back to the start, I will see the most recent vote a player made and if I come across when they made earlier, I'll know to skip it and not count it because there is already a vote I've got next to their name from later in the thread.

That said, there's no harm in a player going back and editing their previous vote to strike it out or unbold it or say unvote whoever. But at least even if they forget to do so or are rushing at the end of day, this new rule of only counting the vote posted closest to the deadline resolves that issue. Does that sound like a better plan to everyone or should I just be a stickler about how to unvote?

I've made a poll about it on the Day's thread so now you all have something else to vote on today.

I think that takes care of the major details to cover right now so the game is back on!

Stratos:

--- Quote ---Vote Stratos because I'm pretty sure he hasn't bought Luigi's Mansion 3 yet.
--- End quote ---

Ha! Jokes on you! I bought it a good while ago! A whole....checkes download progress from eShop lots of unspecific time ago!

Humor aside, I did buy it a good while back close to its release and played a good deal of it. Was used with one of my last 2-game vouchers NOA greedily removed the ability to buy.

I'd re-vote Mop it up because of the false assumption, but things are more serious this time around and I don't want to forget to remove the vote later.

TOPHATANT123:
Gooigi is out nice and early, but it won't mean much while Luigi is still at large.

MASB abstained last round, let's try and stir up some activity

Vote MASB (subject to change)

BeautifulShy:
I have a theory that one of the non active non voting players are the Boo B Trap.  Their ability activates automatically during the night and can cause a miss from the town vigilante, Luigi( Killer role) so it would be helpful for the town to take out this annoyance early on so they can not dodge kills, vig hits later on in the game.

From my understanding the only way to take them out is the day vote.

Since TOPHATANT123 is already voting for one of the inactives in MASB I will vote for the other.

Vote Mr. Bungle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version