Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

The official NWR joycon graveyard.

<< < (2/9) > >>

lolmonade:
My original joycon have drift, which hasn't been helped by my 5 year-old absolutely manhandling them when playing Mario Oddysey.  It's been mitigated so far by occasionally spraying a bit of electrical contact cleaner underneath the joystick from time to time, but I'm thinking it's gonna have to be sent in at some point.

We have a pink/green pair as well that I haven't allowed the kids to touch so they're in relatively good shape (worst wear & tear is from me playing Smash) and haven't seen any drift YET, but I suspect eventually they'll be victim to that unless there's been some mid-stream revision level change in manufacturing to mitigate it.

Order.RSS:
Do we know how Switch Lites are holding up in this regard? I still want to upgrade to a Switch this year, but between the Joy-con fragility and paid online stuff Nintendo are making it real easy to postpone that purchase.

lolmonade:

--- Quote from: Steefosaurus on January 28, 2020, 08:30:58 AM ---Do we know how Switch Lites are holding up in this regard? I still want to upgrade to a Switch this year, but between the Joy-con fragility and paid online stuff Nintendo are making it real easy to postpone that purchase.

--- End quote ---

Tough to tell.  A quick google search shows some cases of drift in youtube videos and reddit threads, but it's not as pronounced or at least visible as the joycon issue became.  Part of the problem might be that the defect just takes time to be known.

ShyGuy:
What are you doing to your joycons?

pokepal148:
We're playing video games with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version