Author Topic: This Week in Releases: October 26, 2014  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
This Week in Releases: October 26, 2014
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:41:25 PM »

Licensed games galore!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/38836/this-week-in-releases-october-26-2014

This week there are only three new games and all of them are licensed tie-ins. While you may be happy if you are a fan of any of those properties, the cynic in me wants to tell you not to get your hopes up.

3DS

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $29.99, October 28Based on the upcoming Disney animated feature, which is based off of a Marvel comic, Big Hero 6 looks to be a sidescroller action game. At least the screenshots on the 3DS eShop have made it look that way. Will this be good? Disney animated movie tie-in games have had a bad track-record. I should know, I reviewed Wreck-it-Ralph.

Power Rangers Super Megaforce - $29.99, October 28A sequel to Power Rangers Megaforce, Super Megaforce must be better. If Nintendo has taught us anything it's that Super is always better. Super Nintendo, Super Mario,  Super Smash Bros, and so many other great things are "Super". There are 30 playable Power Rangers, and lots of fighting.

The Legend of Korra: A New Era Begins - $39.99, October 24 A tie-in with the popular Nickelodeon series, The Legend of Korra, this title is all about wielding the elements just like the show. Whether it's good or not is yet to be seen, but it does feature an original story from the writers of the show! That's worth being happy about maybe...

DS

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $29.99, October 28Like the 3DS version but presumably less pretty. Though the screenshots of the 3DS version are not pretty either.

-

Not much this week, but November brings many big releases including a port of Watch Dogs and (squee!) Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline Vrgin X

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Releases: October 26, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 12:16:19 AM »
Discounted to the bargin bin within a month. Trust me. 8)
Vrgin X 4425-1527-9290

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:18:22 AM »
Demon's Crest & Gargoyle's Quest II on virtual console makes this a good week, despite the poor retail releases!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »
Discounted to the bargin bin within a month. Trust me. 8)

Sorry. The only person I trust on matters regarding bargain bins is Ian Sane. Plus, I think he can spell it right. ;)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.