Author Topic: Tank! Tank! Tank! Free Download on eShop Gives You 60 Club Nintendo Coins  (Read 4885 times)

Offline CurtDogg

• Staff Writer, Twitch Streamer
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile

Coins! Coins! Coins!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34097

Tank! Tank! Tank! on the Wii U's eShop still gives you 60 Club Nintendo coins, despite adopting a Free-to-Play model. The game launched with the Wii U back in November of last year for $49.99, but was reworked as a free download in Japan, Europe, and most recently North America. Despite the game being free (with extra stages and mode unlocks that can be purchased separately) players can go to their Club Nintendo account after downloading the game and take a survey. After completing the survey, they will be rewarded 60 Club Nintendo coins, as if they had purchased the full retail game.

It is unknown if this was done in error, but we will keep you posted if anything changes.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
LOL, so you can get 60 CN coins for free. Wish I had a Wii U to take advantage of this. If it is a glitch, every Wii U owner should try and take advantage of it even if they have no interest in the game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
I'm dloading it just so I have something to play on my WiiU.

Offline buttle

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
uh, Zen Pinball 2 is free to??  I just downloaded it :)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
uh, Zen Pinball 2 is free to??  I just downloaded it :)

It's "free", but you have to buy all of the pinball tables. It's "free" in the same way Xbox Live Arcade games are "free" (you can get a demo for free, but have to pay for the actual game).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Arganos

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Just downloaded it and about half an hour later I got the 60 point survey. :)
Nintendo Network ID:   Arganos

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Wow, seriously thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I checked your website on my Wii U before I went to bed the game's downloading right now.
I would have never downloaded that because I bought the disc back around Christmas so I had no need to download this, but for 60 coins I'll gladly do it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I had to phone the friend I loaned my Wii U to to download the game, but he did so & I got the 60 coins so thanks for the heads-up. I can't wait to see the press release from Namco-Bandai about the 500% increase in "Tank! Tank! Tank!" downloads after this, because getting paid to download the game is the only way I was ever going to download it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Thanx for news .
I wonder if I can also earn some e shop points from wii u program .

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
So, I was going to save this survey for the next Club Nintendo year (since I've already reached Platinum), but it says it expires June 1st.  That's a tight window.  Does anyone know if it's June 1 2013 or June 1 2014?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
It's 2013 - eShop games have a 1 month expiry.

(You can see the years by going to Account and Coins -> To-Do History)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
I dloaded it and it says I can play for free 3 times a day.  It seems like single-player is entirely locked out behind a paywall?  Is multi-player available in the free.  I'm confused.

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
Thanks Shaymin!  I didn't know that was the rule for eshop games.

Offline syn4aptik

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wow this game is garbage (played 5 minutes this morning...it was enough). First game I ever played that screwed up the controls for driving in reverse.

But 60 pts yay!

Dave Mellert
Contributing Editor

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Some of the free channels have given coins before like Netflix, but it wasn't this much. Still, I don't think this is some glitch that will be fixed, I think it's just because Nintendo can't tie coins to DLC. Though I guess they could be working on that...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
So, uh, that may have been a glitch. There's several reports of the surveys disappearing.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
I never got a survey.  Which is too bad, I'm 60 points from platinum.  I have several unregistered games around. I was just hoping that I could save them to net year. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I'll download the game for the coins. I'm pretty close to Platinum this year.

Offline Cyrian

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
I never got a survey either. I think this is dead. =/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
This would have pushed me to platinum had I ever gotten the survey.....

Guess I'll have to go register some games to get there instead.