Author Topic: Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Announced For Switch  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

And you wonder why there's chip shortages, Capcom's hoarding them all.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/60828/mega-man-battle-network-legacy-collection-announced-for-switch

The next Mega Man Legacy Collection is one of its biggest - even though it's only covering one platform.

Capcom have announced a Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection for 2023 release in the Direct Mini. All ten of the games will be included in the retail package, though the digital version will be divided as with the original and X collections.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Announced For Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 03:39:23 PM »
Well I am glad that I did not buy all of these on Wii U VC. I think I had this as a prediction but replaced it with something less predictable.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 04:52:23 PM »
Was MMBN5:Double Team DS just the two MMBN5 games in one? That's the version I played, but I don't remember if it was just the two games together or if there was any bonus content like in the Pokémon series.

I also never played MMBN6, so I'm excited about this.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »
Was MMBN5:Double Team DS just the two MMBN5 games in one? That's the version I played, but I don't remember if it was just the two games together or if there was any bonus content like in the Pokémon series.

According to NWR's page for MMBN5: Double Team it combines "both the GBA games of the same series and adding additional features, you'll be able to play with characters from both games and battle wirelessly."

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 03:02:00 PM »
This looks like another great MM Collection. Little sad to not see Network Transmission or that terrible GB game in here, though, much like I was hoping to see Command Mission in the X Collection.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 10:07:17 PM »
This looks like another great MM Collection. Little sad to not see Network Transmission or that terrible GB game in here, though, much like I was hoping to see Command Mission in the X Collection.

At this point you have to imagine Capcom will release some kind of Miscellaneous Collection in the future.  They've left out a good number of games by now that can easily fill one.  We'll probably have to wait until after the eventual Star Force and Legends Collections to get it though.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 01:26:36 PM »

According to NWR's page for MMBN5: Double Team it combines "both the GBA games of the same series and adding additional features, you'll be able to play with characters from both games and battle wirelessly."

Ah, ok. Thanks! Kind of a bummer not to get that version in here, but I guess the collection still gives most of the experience.

Kind of disappointing not to see the GCN game be included. It's a part of the series and the only iteration with Bass, iirc.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.