Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Phantasy Star Online: XBOX Version.

<< < (2/2)

Mingesium:
"Xbox Live subscription is still necessary"

I don't have a XBox so how does that work? Can a person just pop in the game and play it offline?

nitsu niflheim:

Can a person just pop in the game and play it offline?
--- End quote ---

No.

If you have a XBox and want to play PSO, regardless of whether you want to play online or offline, you need to subscribe to XBox Live, right now offered for 49.99.  PSO on the XBox is retailing for 39.99, 10.00 less than GCN, but with the GCN version you can play it offline for just the cost of the game, nothing extra is needed, except maybe a memory card.  >The GCN version doesn't require any subscription that I am aware of to play it offline.  PSO was offered with the XBox Live in Japan so it was a requirement to subscribe to play.  MS just didn't take the option out for America.

Mingesium:

If you have a XBox and want to play PSO, regardless of whether you want to play online or offline, you need to subscribe to XBox Live, right now offered for 49.99
--- End quote ---

I guess that I should have ask how does XBox Live work? it seems to me that I could go to the store and buy the game for $39.99. Pop in the game in and play it. If you pop in the game, what happens? Does it say, "You are not on XBox live?". That is what I'm trying to ask.

Matt:
First off, for the Xbox, you really should get Live! so you can play other games and stuff.

nitsu niflheim:
Well it would be pointless for me since I can't get broadband in my area without paying more than 60.00 a month.  And therefore this game would be pointless too.  I'm not going to spend 50 dollars for an online service that would only be used to play a game offline that can be played offline for the single cost of the game on another system.  I can play PSO for 49.99 offline, but I would have to pay 89.98 to play it on the XBOX.  Not worth it.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version