Author Topic: How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?  (Read 12986 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?
« on: August 24, 2003, 01:33:24 PM »
Just tryin to get an idea of the people on this forum and I'm generally curious. You can say more than what I said too. so I'll start off : )  I'm 14 turning 15 in october woo hoo and I've had gamecube since around the day SSBM came out? Also I own 19 games and plan on getting F-Zero and Soul Calibur II next week. My favorite gamecube games are Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, and Super Smash Bros Melee.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
RE: How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 01:38:30 PM »
I'm 17 (turning 18 in November) and I've had the GameCube since UK launch day. I sold it though a couple of months ago so I could buy a PS2, and have been using a friend's since then. If all goes to plan though, I'll be picking up a shiny new Platinum Cube tomorrow afternoon.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 01:39:48 PM »
Ok, I'll have a go at it. I'm 16 and I got my precious on the Christmas after its release. I also am getting SC2. (can't wait!) And my favorite game on it (and possibly of all time) is Eternal Darkness. "But Berny, you're only 16 and that's rated M!" *takes out Edward's elephant gun, aims....*
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline OddjobMI6

• View Profile
RE:How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 01:57:13 PM »
I'm 15 and have had my Gamecube since the U.S. launch. I have 15 games, and plan to buy F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur 2, Viewtiful Joe, MGS: The Twin Snakes, Rebel Strike, and Mario Kart: DD in the near future. And Tales of Symphonia next year.
"This is my Humvee. I don't want any dings, dents or scratches on it, or I'll have your ass."

Offline XBR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 02:16:04 PM »
Im 15, I live in Pittsburgh, and got Game Cube the day it came out.  Have a video game room worth over $15,000 dollars.  15 years of gaming in a nutshell costs that much.  For GCN i got Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Tony Hawk 3, Wind Waker, Wario World, Super Mario Sunshine, Wrestlemania X8, Sonic Mega Collection, Rouge Leader, Animal Crossing, Spiderman, GameBoy Player, Smash Bros, and last but certainly not least, Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest.  Also i got Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, PSX(the original), PSone, PS2, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, 2 Game Boy Advances, GBAsp, Dreamcast, Saturn, two PC's, Surround Sound, and a nice FirePlace to keep me warm. Oh my do I love video games........    
Rocko's Modern Life....
       ...the good ole days

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 02:29:36 PM »
I've been living and breathing for approximately 6690 days.  I got my GCN on January 3, 2002 and to this day, I've bought 23 GCN games(1/3 of which are published by Nintendo).  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 02:31:22 PM »
I'm 22, and I like Smirnoff Ice with Peach.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline jarob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 02:49:04 PM »
I am 32 and I got mine the day of release.  Luigis Mansion was my first GC game and loved it ever since.  Playing Pikmin again.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 03:04:23 PM »
.... 25, and I obtained mine on release.

(This should be in General Chat.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 03:06:24 PM »
23, and had it since launch.  

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 03:09:48 PM »
I'm 17, got the GCN for Christmas after launch.  Own 19 games now.  Love them all.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2003, 03:15:13 PM »
I'm 15, I waited for 5 hours to pick up my Cube at launch, and I currently own 18, soon to be 20, Gamecube games.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2003, 03:19:47 PM »
Uhmmm 22, and since launch but replaced by a Q a year and a half ago....
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline d_bomb_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2003, 03:38:29 PM »
Im 16, just got a cube about 2 weeks ago,so far only got 3 games,gonna get Eternal Darkness,Zelda,F-zero,SSBM,animal crossing soon hopefully

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2003, 04:51:05 PM »
I got mine Christmas after launch, I'm seventeen, and I have. . . about six games.  Soon to be about twelve.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 04:52:53 PM »
18 here, got my cube as a christmas present last year.. in october with smash bros, didn't really do me alot of good that game, despite it being excelent game i dont know anyone around here so the excelence of the multiplayer is wasted, i got a job in march and since then my amount of games has shot up to 12, and should be about 20 by next year, perhaps more? who knows!

oh yeah, these are my games

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2003, 05:10:27 PM »
I'm 30 and was lined up at Walmart on midnight of the launch date to get my Jet Black Cube. I only own a GC for this generation and have no problems with finding enough games to keep me playing. I own 25 games and will probably pick up F-Zero this weekend. My favorite games are Animal Crossing and Wind Waker. Lately I've been buying games for $10-20 new through specials on the internet so I'm a little behind in terms of new games. I still need to get Skies of Arcadia and Mario Golf before the onslaught of holiday games hit.

You can check out my collection here:

http://users.ign.com/collection/WhoDey

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2003, 05:26:33 PM »
23, and I was in line to get it at midnight of launch day... and I'm very tempted to get a shiny platinum cube if the price drop does indeed come through... I've got about 16 games (if you count the demo disk as a game)

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2003, 06:07:15 PM »
I'm 15, I got my platinum gamecube last January, and it's the only next-gen system I have. As of now I have 14 games, with 3 in the mail (F-Zero GX, SC II, REmake). When those come, 13 out of my 17 games will be GCN-exclusive . This year I'm getting Viewtiful Joe, Rebel Strike, MGS: The Twin Snakes, Mario Kart: DD, Pikmin 2, and a gameboy player.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2003, 06:09:37 PM »
Damn, I forgot Mario Kart was coming out soon- Nintendo's going to make me go broke releasing all the good games right after eachother.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 07:15:06 PM »
23 years old, got Cube at US launch, 27 soon to be 29 games with F-Zero and SC2 next week.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 07:20:05 PM »
Fresh off my 37th a few weeks ago.  Got the 'Cube in 12/02 after release of SMS and MP.  SC2 and FZero will make it 19 games (not counting that cursed Game Boy Player and its GBA games that makes it even more impossible to get to bed, or the yard mowed, or work done, or the dogs fed....)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2003, 07:29:10 PM »
I'm 22 years old and I got my cube around one month after it came out here in Canada.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2003, 08:26:29 PM »
I'm 22, and got my GCN at Canadian launch.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Tman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2003, 08:33:56 PM »
I'm 20 years, 10 months and 29 days old. I got my cube midnight of US launch, after waiting 17.5 hours at the store.