Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What are you playing?

<< < (5/370) > >>

Oblivion:
Yeah, I've been playing that too due to getting the Trilogy the other day. I still think that the Wii Remote+/Nunchck control scheme is better for FPS's than keyboard/mouse is.

broodwars:
I'm currently playing Soul Sacrifice on my Vita, as well as Resident Evil: Revelations HD & Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on PS3.  It's unfortunate that Soul Sacrifice is as addictive as it is, because I've barely even touched the other two and both are quite good at what they aim for. In fact, I question why Gunslinger is even saddled with the Call of Juarez name, because I dismissed that game when it launched because of the bad name that series has. It wasn't until all these podcasts started talking about it and saying that it was surprisingly excellent that I gave it a try.

magicpixie:
I actually made some progress in Saints Row: The Third's story last night.  Usually when I play that game, I get sidetracked by all the craziness and end up accomplishing essentially nothing.  But I've been watching some Saints Row IV trailers, and I really want to finish up before that comes out.

azeke:
In the last three days, i've played Special 8 - Crown level of Super Mario 3D Land almost exclusively. I just really wanted to beat it and be done with it.

I've unlocked it a month ago, but and finally managed to do it this morning. I think i dumped additional 7-9 hours on this.

For some stupid reason, i wanted to beat it with regular Luigi or Mario. Didn't want to do it with a racoon suit. First i played as regular Luigi, but after first day i switched to regular Mario and did it with him. It's much, much easier to do with racoon suit.

This level is really tough, guys. I think by now after playing it so many times i can write an essay about an each individual platforming challenge.

This is the kind of challenge that makes you learn a lot. Like Rayman Challenges App on Wii U taught me a lot how to properly handle somewhat obtuse platforming physics of Rayman 2d games, this level did the same for me for SML 3D Land.

I learned how to do a rolling jump (you can beat entire game without knowing it's even there, i am not sure if it's a compliment or a slight to game designers).

I re-learned that flying goombas send you way higher up like launch pads when you jump on them with jump button already pressed (i actually sorta knew it, cause i DID beat Lost Levels which had a few levels with like this, i just didn't understood completely how it worked).

I realized how to properly use Mario's momentum in his jumps and while the difference is too fine for normal levels, that S8 Crown level really demands it.

One of the most amusing parts was the very last one with the letters saying THANK YOU!. I got to it yesterday two times, but for some reason i thought i had to jump on the actual letters and fell from them instead of getting on convenient and completely safe levitating platform below.

Also funny how i didn't realized what was i exactly am i jumping on, until after i fell from letter "Y" in THANK YOU!.

What an amazing game, what an amazing level.

Along with Gunman Clive i also downloaded 3DS demo of Rayman Origins, because i remember how i couldn't beat the Playing the Shade challenge in it at all, despite trying for at least hundred times and i wanted to know if i really got better at 2d platforming a year after. Or at least in 2d "Rayman platforming" because of a slightly borked physics of it.

I beat this challenge on Wii a week ago, and this demo also took me like five tries to beat this time around.

After that i played a shooting level from the demo and while i remember having a bit of trouble collecting more than 300+ lums on this particular level, on 3DS it was reworked extensively and i got 490 on first try.

Also i was reminded again how butchered that port was.

ejamer:
Pulled a couple old games off the shelf to start playing.

First up, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS). Very early on, I have to say that I'm loving the production values, but the action-based gameplay is really hurt by the touch controls. (Not that they did a bad job with touch-based controls, just that I find nearly all touch-based games to be somewhat awkward and imprecise.) Still seems fun enough and I look forward to playing more.

For console play, I pulled Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) off the shelf so that I could get enough friend vouchers stored up to unlock everything before online services are shut down - that happens at the end of the month, I believe?  It's pretty easy to get 10 vouchers to send, and luckily I've got two Wii consoles so sending them back and forth a couple of times won't take that long.  If there is anyone else (in North America) looking to exchange vouchers before the deadline, drop me a message.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version