Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What are you playing?

<< < (363/370) > >>

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: Adrock on November 28, 2020, 05:59:41 PM ---Resident Evil 4 (PS4)

Hot take: Resident Evil 4 with traditional controls does not hold up.

--- End quote ---

When I bought that game one of my complaints was the controls. The Gamecube version still holds up. The ps4 version is mapped wrong.

For game companies mapping controls for games based on Gamecube games:

B is Square, A is Cross, Triangle is Y, Circle is X

apparently the ps2 version also had different and better controls than the ps4 version. But I just read you can remap controls for all ps4 games in accessibility settings. I haven't checked it out.

I never liked the Wii version of the game either, just preference, but I never got around the playing the ps4 version of the game because the controls were so much poorer.  You should be able to play Gamecube designed games with a ps4 controller.

Adrock:

--- Quote from: MagicCow64 on March 19, 2021, 07:22:34 PM ----Crystalis (NES): Haven't gone too far, but this seems like a promising late-era Zelda-like.
--- End quote ---
I literally just bought Crystalis on Gameboy Color about a week ago. I keep forgetting about Nintendo Switch Online.

It's fine. I'm trying to bolster my Nintendo handheld library (I'll get into that in another thread). Crystalis only cost me like $25. There was this weird brown funk on it that I had to clean off so I guess I paid in other ways.

I watched some comparison videos between the NES and GBC versions, and it seems like the ultimate version of the game would be somewhere between the two. The viewing area and music are better on NES; the translation is better on GBC. Nintendo Software Technology handled the GBC port, and in hindsight, what it did to Crystalis'seses overworld music was the first hint NST would eventually be relegated to the low-budget Mario vs. Donkey Kong factory. This is a shame because I still think Nintendo needs a stronger development foothold in North America beyond Retro Studios and more recently, Next Level Games.

--- Quote from: ThePerm on March 26, 2021, 07:57:26 PM ---I never liked the Wii version of the game either, just preference
--- End quote ---
I presume you mean strictly motion controls because I believe you can use the Gamecube controller as long as you have the best Wii model with the GCN controller ports. I don't think you can use the GameCube adapter on Wii U if you attempt to play Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition via backwards compatibility because nothing is good in this world and the gods have abandoned us.

Still, the Wii Version is still the definitive version of this game for me because it's the Gamecube version with the PS2 extras and all the controller options. If the Switch ports was just an HD Wii Version, I don't think I would have cared about the even higher resolution and frame rate on PS4.

JoshuaLoveGames:
What games do you recommend for a beginer who has never played anything?  :-\

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: Adrock on March 27, 2021, 03:24:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: MagicCow64 on March 19, 2021, 07:22:34 PM ----Crystalis (NES): Haven't gone too far, but this seems like a promising late-era Zelda-like.
--- End quote ---
I literally just bought Crystalis on Gameboy Color about a week ago. I keep forgetting about Nintendo Switch Online.

It's fine. I'm trying to bolster my Nintendo handheld library (I'll get into that in another thread). Crystalis only cost me like $25. There was this weird brown funk on it that I had to clean off so I guess I paid in other ways.

I watched some comparison videos between the NES and GBC versions, and it seems like the ultimate version of the game would be somewhere between the two. The viewing area and music are better on NES; the translation is better on GBC. Nintendo Software Technology handled the GBC port, and in hindsight, what it did to Crystalis'seses overworld music was the first hint NST would eventually be relegated to the low-budget Mario vs. Donkey Kong factory. This is a shame because I still think Nintendo needs a stronger development foothold in North America beyond Retro Studios and more recently, Next Level Games.

--- Quote from: ThePerm on March 26, 2021, 07:57:26 PM ---I never liked the Wii version of the game either, just preference
--- End quote ---
I presume you mean strictly motion controls because I believe you can use the Gamecube controller as long as you have the best Wii model with the GCN controller ports. I don't think you can use the GameCube adapter on Wii U if you attempt to play Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition via backwards compatibility because nothing is good in this world and the gods have abandoned us.

Still, the Wii Version is still the definitive version of this game for me because it's the Gamecube version with the PS2 extras and all the controller options. If the Switch ports was just an HD Wii Version, I don't think I would have cared about the even higher resolution and frame rate on PS4.

--- End quote ---

Oh Well that could be an oversight on my part. I'm not sure if I tried to play it with a GameCube controller. I just wasn't a fan of motion controls in general. I like being lazy and relaxing when I play games. Though, Wii Sports was great, and Twilight Princesses waggle was just the minimum amount for me not to feel like it was more burdensome than fun.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: JoshuaLoveGames on March 31, 2021, 05:03:55 AM ---What games do you recommend for a beginer who has never played anything?  :-\

--- End quote ---

I recommend playing all the NES games you can then. With the NES, the videogame industry was still in its infancy so a lot of games are quite simple and controllers didn't have the amount of buttons that they do now. Since the games are simple they are quite easy so you should have a great time playing them, Mr. Spambot. A few good choices to start would be Metroid, Zelda II, and Ninja Gaiden. Happy gaming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version