Author Topic: SP Headphone Adapter and Headphones Found  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
SP Headphone Adapter and Headphones Found
« on: March 22, 2003, 10:36:25 PM »
The Headphone Adapter and Stereo Headphones designed for the Game Boy Advance SP are available for purchase - if you know where to look.

After various problems in locating the Game Boy Advance SP Headphone Adapter, they can finally be found for purchase.  If you go to the Nintendo Online Store, under the section 'Parts and Accessories, Manuals' there will be a 'Game Boy' section.  There is now a 'Game Boy Advance SP' section, which has the Adapter for purchase at a price of US$4.25.

Alternately, if you don't wish to use the headphone adapter, but still want stereo sound, there's a set of headphones specially designed for the Game Boy Advance SP.  Instead of the regular headphone jack, they use the same jack as the headphone adapter, meaning that they can only be used for the Game Boy Advance SP.  They are priced at US$19.95.  If you order these headphones from the online store, you'll also receive a one year subscription to Nintendo Power.  

Both the headphones and the headphone adaptor are only available from the Nintendo Online Store.  The headphones will start shipping as of the 31st of March, but it seems that the headphone adapter will be shipping immediately.

It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Fluke Worm

• the sYmbiotic parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 11:14:55 PM »
? Do your know if the headphones have better sound quality (like digital?) or is this just a monopoly like scheme from Nintendo?  thanx in advance
FLUKE_;_;_;_\i/_;_
|%%%~w~o~r~m~

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 12:44:39 AM »
I doubt it.  Trust me, digital audio wouldn't help at all with the GBA's 8-bit output.  I doubt you could call this "monopoly" tactics, since they DO offer an adapter for standard headphones at a CHEAPER price!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Minsc

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 06:51:00 AM »
So...the headphones and adapter can only be found on Nintendo's online store.  That won't do me any good when I get around to buying a SP...

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 08:25:34 AM »
they can be found other places as well.
there is a large store in . Cal called frys who is  only today releasing the GBA SP  but for 129.99 instead with the choice of two accesories to go with it and one of those choices is the headphone adapter.

so it is  out  in a few places i would assume  that only this one store can not be the only place in the U.S. with it. that would be insane.

Offline MrShag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 08:46:08 AM »
Seem like we canadians are left in the cold again...

My life exposed, my passions exploded, my site : The Crash Site.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2003, 04:47:05 PM »
Well when I opened the GBA SP box it came with one of the usual Nintendo Power subscription notices with free gift......a Free Headphone Set with your paid subscription! I'm assuming these are the SP ones but I'm still iffy about sending my $$$ to em. What do you all think!?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2003, 08:34:08 AM »
I'll ask the clerk at EB about the adapter when I pick up Zelda. If it's not there, it looks like I'll be giving Nintendo a buzz. The adapter is more useful to me than specialized headphones since I can plug into my PC to use its speakers or record for Radio Trivia.

Still, it does seem a bit silly not include this with the system in the first place.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers