Author Topic: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 2.  (Read 21551 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 2.
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:04:08 AM »

Story

Link Link stared at the vast Hyrule field and landscape before him wondering where he should even start to find the Magical Maracas. "Where are you, you stupid maracas?!", he yelled out across the vast plain. Epona turned and gave him a withering side-eye in response. "What?", asked Link defensively, "It doesn't hurt to try calling for them. What if that's all it took?"

Suddenly he was greeted by a familiar twinkling and high-pitched voice. "Link!", screeched Navi.

"Oh, hi, Navi", said Link, disappointed to have Navi be the one to answer his cry for help, "Did you come to help me find these Magical Maracas that Zelda wants me get for no good reason?"

"Hey! Listen!" urged Navi.

"Alright. What is it?", asked Link.

Immediately, everything became very quiet. Link and Navi stood and stared at each other in the silence.

"I.... don't know," Navi answered, finally breaking the silence. "No one has ever stopped to actually listen before. Usually they just hit A and scroll through my messages as fast as possible. I... I don't actually have anything to tell you."

"Well, that's just great," Link replied, very annoyed at this encounter, "Well, it's been great catching up with you Navi but I've got some Magical Maracas to find so if you don't mind I'm going to be on my way and....."

"Link! Listen!" Navi exclaimed, suddenly realizing something from what Link said.

Link sighed. "Do you actually have something to say this time?" he asked despondently.

"Yes!" answered Navi excitedly. "If it is magical maracas you want then why don't you come with me back to the Great Forest where Hetsu is living. He's got a set of maracas that seem magical."

Link thought about it for a moment and, realizing he didn't have any other better lead to go on, decided to journey off to the forest as Navi recommended. Of course, Navi had to flutter around and point out every object she saw as though it was some big discovery. But finally, they made it to the forest before Link snapped and pulled out his Master Sword to silence her.

At the Great Forest, Link was reunited with the Great Deku Tree and Hetsu and he filled them in on his quest asking if the maracas Hetsu carried were indeed the Magical Maracas he was after.

"Unfortunately, they are not," answered the Great Deku Tree.

"Awwwwwww. Shaka-laka-sucks," lamented Hetsu.

"I must confess that the Magical Maracas are not something that I am too familiar with myself. I cannot think of anyone who has ever sought for them nor have I heard of any legends or tales regarding them and where they may reside," recounted the Great Deku Tree, "In fact, the only thing I recall of the EarthFrog is that it was supposedly a friend of the Great Fairies from the bygone days of old. Perhaps it may be worth seeking out a Great Fairy for more information."

And so, Link set off to the legendary Great Fairy Fountain near Kakariko Village to see if he could get more information that way. However, unbeknownst to Link, another shadowy figure was on their way to the Great Fairy as well having heard about the Magical Maracas Link was seeking. Since this person didn't have Navi slowing them down by pointing everything out on the way as Link currently did on his journey, they were able to get to the Great Fairy Fountain first. As the figure entered the cave of the Fairy Fountain, the waters of the fountain swirled and splashed upwards as the Great Fairy herself materialized above them.

"How can I be of assistance to you, O weary traveler," inquired the Great Fairy.

"I need you to come with me quickly to help Link Link. He's in mortal danger," explained the stranger.

"Not Link Link!" gasped the Great Fairy, "He's, like, the most favorite pet for my sisters and I. If pet is the right word.... But alas! I cannot stray from the waters of this enchanted fountain so I am unable to help!"

"Ah! But I thought of that," exclaimed the stranger who then produced a shiny empty bottle from their pocket. The stranger then scooped a bit of the fountain water into the bottle. "If you shrink yourself down into this bottle," continued the stranger, "Then you will not stray from the waters and I can take you to Link."

"Most ingenius," the Great Fairy proclaimed in delight, "Let's do this!" With that, the Great Fairy then shrunk herself down to fit in the bottle. The stranger then put a lid on top of that bottle. "Oh! I don't think a lid will be very necessary," the Great Fairy protested, "Also, there are some sharp blades at the bottom of this bottle that I think should be removed."

Unfortunately for the Great Fairy, it was not a harmless empty bottle that she had put herself into but rather the jar of a blender. With the Great Fairy secure, the stranger then hooked up the jar to the base of the blender in their other pocket and then plugged it into a lightning rod. "Noooooooo! Don't do this!" screamed the Great Fairy but her pleas fell on deaf ears as the stranger then turned the blender onto high and discovered that, yes, Great Fairies will blend. Once the deed was done, the stranger than ran some distance from the Fairy Fountain to a nearby stream. Putting the blender jar by the edge of the stream, the stranger then took out a Megaton Hammer and smashed it to bits. The stream then carried away the fairy concoction it contained along with the evidence of the crime. Watching the remains of one of the great Hyrule Resident's be flushed away downstream and satisfied that they had left no trail behind, the stranger then slinked off into the night.

Meanwhile, Link finally arrived at the Fairy Fountain but was surprised to find no Great Fairy was there to greet him. He decided to look around while he waited. Of course, Navi had to find and point something else out to him.

Although Link was about to remove the mask, he suddenly sensed some type of knowledge filling his mind. Knowledge of the EarthFrog and of the maracas that he sought. A hazy vision of fairies laughing and flying around the EarthFrog who danced to the rhythm beats of the maracas being played by various individuals visiting him in his swamp home to be granted wishes. Into his vision, he became aware of some Ritos visiting the EarthFrog's domain and what appeared to be some other frogs handing them maracas. But then the vision faded and he was brought back to his own time where he suddenly became aware of Navi yelling "Hey!" and "Link!" alternately back and forth.

"Whoa! What happened?" asked Link, dizzy and disoriented. He suddenly realized he was lying on the ground.

"You collapsed after putting on that mask. I've been trying to wake you. I think you better take it off," answered Navi.

"Not just yet," declared Link, "This mask actually gave me a clue about the maracas after all. It seemed to give me some knowledge about the EarthFrog and it seems to be pointing me in the direction of the Rito Village. I think the Ritos were given the maracas by the EarthFrog long ago. At least, if the vision I saw is correct. C'mon, let's go."

Link and Navi headed out of the Fairy Fountain Cave to grab and Epona and head to Rito Village. However, Link was shocked to find Princess Zelda coming up to greet them. Zelda had been feeling bad about the abrupt way she had kicked Link out of Hyrule Castle and, when Impa sent word that Link had been in the area, she decided to go out and find him. She did not expect to find him dressed and looking like a Great Fairy. Taken aback, Zelda wasn't sure what was going on with Link or what he was doing on this quest to find the EarthFrog.

"Zelda! What are you doing here?" asked Link in surprise.

"Oh. Uh, hi. Yeah. Uh, well, I noticed you forgot your Pictobox Camera when you left Hyrule Castle the other day. I know it hasn't been working of late so I decided to get it fixed for you and I thought you might want it on your quest so I came to bring it to you," Zelda explained. She had planned to use the camera as a peace offering but was now changing her mind and deciding it would be best to let Link continue on this quest instead.

"Aw, thanks so much! You're the best!" exclaimed Link. He then leaned in and gave a Zelda a kiss on the cheek. "Selfie!" he cried out as he took a picture of himself posing in front of the Great Fairy Fountain Cave. "Well, I think I may have found where the maracas are so hope to see you back in Castle Town soon. See-ya!"

And with that Link rode off on Epona to the Rito Village with Navi hurrying along beside him while Zelda stood and continued to process this latest development with Link.

Rules

Players

Roles

Announcements

Dead

Great Fairy - Hyrule Resident (Killed by Mafia)

That is all.

Day 2 is open for voting until 11:30 PM EST / 8:30 PM PST Oct. 14 which is the deadline. However, if a majority vote is reached before that point then the day could end sooner than the current deadline. Since there are currently 17 players alive, a majority vote of 9 would be needed to end the day early.

Stay tuned to the day's thread for more details.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:48:22 AM by Link Link »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 2.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »
A report masters. It appears that The Great Fairy was killed in a Mafia hit. In addition the deadline for voting is 11:30 PM EST / 8:30 PM PST Oct. 14 unless a majority vote of nine votes is reached. It is advised that we continue to monitor this thread for further information.

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:32 AM »
Great the Great Fairy is out of the game.

So I haven't had all the time I needed to PM everyone about this idea so I am just going to throw this out here in the open.

So my idea is a way to avoid the bomb mask in the vote. Basically we do a mock vote.  How this works is we type Mock Vote and a players name and hopefully we can get majority with those mock votes and then we wait a little bit and then make our votes bold to make the votes count and end the day and hopefully vote out a baddie and avoid the bomb mask.

So this games lucky mock vote is Dampe. So majority is 9 votes so we only need 9 mock votes for this to work.

Mock Vote Dampe.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:21:11 AM by Agitha »
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:51 AM »
Okay lets look at votes from Day 1 in order and from whom towards whom.

Ravio voted for the Happy Mask Salesman at on the 10th of Oct and unvoted the vote on the 12th about 45 mins before the day was suppose to close.

Cucco voted for King of the red lions on the 10th and then their vote was changed to Happy Mask salesman by the spirit flute during night actions.

Hetsu voted for linebeck the 11th and unvoted later that night and made a vote for Happy Mask Salesman.

Dark Link voted for Link Link  just after midnight on the 12th.

Tingle voted for Dark Link about a hour after that.

Mipha voted for Hetsu around 1:33.

HMS voted for Hetsu around 6 am on the 12th.

Navi made it a tie with a KIng of the red lions vote about 6:30 am. 

As mentioned up above Ravio voted for the King of the red lions about 45 mins before thread was locked.

So I am a bit curious as to the ties and tie breaks from the last few players.     Its interesting.
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:48 AM »
A report masters. It appears that The Great Fairy was killed in a Mafia hit. In addition the deadline for voting is 11:30 PM EST / 8:30 PM PST Oct. 14 unless a majority vote of nine votes is reached. It is advised that we continue to monitor this thread for further information.

Oh man! That's useful information. Thanks, Fi!

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 02:27:20 AM »

Well we only lost one townie so that's sort of a plus...

I don't really understand the mock vote plan but would be willing to go along with it if it can be explained more satisfactorily.   We got a little info from the votes but I'm waiting till we hear from others.  So far less than half the players have voted.
- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 02:50:28 AM »
Okay so here is the jist of the mock vote. I am going to try and explain this as simply as I can.

So first a little primer on which votes count. Only bolded votes count as a vote. Okay. So doing a Mock vote and the vote not being bolded means that we are only stating our intention to vote for said person. We take the time while the mock votes are being posted to gather more info on said person and other players so we can be sure to not vote out the bomber and possibly find a mafia member or a 3rd party member that isn't the bomber.  So once majority has been reached with the 9 mock votes that are not actual votes yet we can discuss if we want to vote out that person or someone else based on the info we have gathered. Then we can make our votes bold and we have a strong voting block to end the day.

Plus a bonus to this is there really isn't a way for the mafia to upset the mock vote since if they try to go against it they will out themselves. They either have to vote along with the mock vote or just not do any votes.  Both can be used as a way to pick out voting patterns.

Plus this can be a benefit to the Mafia and any 3rd party who isn't Majora's Mask who only needs to survive till Day 8 starts who would win  automatically if not voted out or killed before then. No wins for anyone else if Majora Mask lives till then.

I hope that was explained well for everyone.

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 03:04:39 AM »
Ok, I get where you're coming from now.  It's basically a way to state your intentions without triggering majority to potentially end the day early.  I just don't think we need to all place the "mock votes" all on the same person because if we do that then the only potential person to speak would be the one being targeted and they may just feel hopeless and not even bother since it's everyone vs them which means we are counting on blind luck to get all the threats. 

That said I would be interested to hear more from Dampe.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:15:22 AM by Cucco »

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:10 AM »
I think with the way this game is set up everyone is going to try and stay alive as long as they can. I mean there is multiple ways to die so I think it would be beneficial for everyone to work together at least until Majora's Mask is out of the game so everyone can focus on their win conditions. I mean do we want to try and argue about what is the best way to go about avoiding the bomb mask while trying to find Majora's Mask or do we all want to try and stay alive and win?

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »
Okay so I think the best course of action is to keep votes low to try and avoid much loss via bomb mask and try and find Majora's Mask and vote them out or if we are lucky kill them via night actions.   Also if the Lens of truth feels safe letting me know who you searched and results either yourself of through another player that you think is a safe option and have them let me know that would be great.

Oh and with that it is time to drift off into slumberland.... 

Offline Dark Link

• Bug Catching Net
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 04:38:39 AM »

So I haven't had all the time I needed to PM everyone about this idea so I am just going to throw this out here in the open.

So my idea is a way to avoid the bomb mask in the vote. Basically we do a mock vote.  How this works is we type Mock Vote and a players name and hopefully we can get majority with those mock votes and then we wait a little bit and then make our votes bold to make the votes count and end the day and hopefully vote out a baddie and avoid the bomb mask.

So this games lucky mock vote is Dampe. So majority is 9 votes so we only need 9 mock votes for this to work.

Mock Vote Dampe.

Okay so here is the jist of the mock vote. I am going to try and explain this as simply as I can.

So first a little primer on which votes count. Only bolded votes count as a vote. Okay. So doing a Mock vote and the vote not being bolded means that we are only stating our intention to vote for said person. We take the time while the mock votes are being posted to gather more info on said person and other players so we can be sure to not vote out the bomber and possibly find a mafia member or a 3rd party member that isn't the bomber.  So once majority has been reached with the 9 mock votes that are not actual votes yet we can discuss if we want to vote out that person or someone else based on the info we have gathered. Then we can make our votes bold and we have a strong voting block to end the day.

Plus a bonus to this is there really isn't a way for the mafia to upset the mock vote since if they try to go against it they will out themselves. They either have to vote along with the mock vote or just not do any votes.  Both can be used as a way to pick out voting patterns.

Plus this can be a benefit to the Mafia and any 3rd party who isn't Majora's Mask who only needs to survive till Day 8 starts who would win  automatically if not voted out or killed before then. No wins for anyone else if Majora Mask lives till then.

I am your true reflection.

Offline Dark Link

• Bug Catching Net
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:53 AM »
Vote Mipha

Fish is for eatin' not for lovin' UNLESS THAT FIsh has been out in the sun for 3 days and then its for both.
I am your true reflection.

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 05:06:58 AM »

Mock Vote Dampe.

You really must want to be voted out if you are trying to pick apart this idea and be so petty and passive aggressive and I am perfectly fine with taking you down. 

unVote Dark Link
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:07:09 PM by Agitha »

Offline Mipha

• Hylian Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 05:07:56 AM »
Vote Mipha

Fish is for eatin' not for lovin' UNLESS THAT FIsh has been out in the sun for 3 days and then its for both.

How rude! Zoras aren't fish, we're mammals like dolphins and the Wind-fish. My Link would have known that... unless... You're an impostor! Vote Dark Link

Okay so I think the best course of action is to keep votes low to try and avoid much loss via bomb mask and try and find Majora's Mask and vote them out or if we are lucky kill them via night actions.

This. It also gives an incentive for the mob to try to swing the vote if the counts are low which will help us find them in the end.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:35:30 PM by Mipha »

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »
Vote Mipha

Hello, thank you for choosing Ravio Inc. for your shopping needs. Check out our fabulous new selection of masks!

I have looked into our inventory of fish, and found that Ravio Inc does not currently stock any fish. Stay tuned in the future. Ravio Inc will be looking to get it's hands on as many fish as possible soon! Possibly by threat or use of violence. If you or someone you know has any fish in his/her possession, please contact our customer service department and we will dispatch a Ravio Inc bandit/thief to steal your/his/her fish so we can sell it directly to you. Have a nice day!
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Linebeck

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 12:04:20 PM »
Linebeck here!

As a man of the sea, it befalls to me to find this retched mafia scum and root them out! They are cowards and liars, and in order to catch them, you have to think like a coward and liar. Of course, this is impossible for me, as my honor makes it unimaginable to even think such a way (*looks nervously across the room*).

But even so, as an adventurer, businessman, and impeccable lover, I have encountered my fair share of mafia games and know that the mafia are either excited to play due to their roles and power or are nervous of being caught. They'll post more the usual or less than usual, boldly playing or hiding in the shadows. It's a guarantee!

I feel it in my left mustache that they are doing both, but mostly the latter. And so I vote with the righteousness of a thousand Kings!

VOTE MOBLIN

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 01:53:00 PM »
Lakashaka! I don't spend much time outside of the forest so I'm a little confused about what's going on. The outside world is pretty scary! So much tension! Perhaps I can perform a relaxing dance to calm down everyone.

♪Relaxy relaxy! Calmy calmy!♪
♪Feel the forest breeze, it's rather balmy!♪
♪Traquilly tamey chill outy!♪
♪Nothing to worry abouty!♪

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 02:15:05 PM »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »
Vote Mipha

Hello, thank you for choosing Ravio Inc. for your shopping needs. Check out our fabulous new selection of masks!

I have looked into our inventory of fish, and found that Ravio Inc does not currently stock any fish. Stay tuned in the future. Ravio Inc will be looking to get it's hands on as many fish as possible soon! Possibly by threat or use of violence. If you or someone you know has any fish in his/her possession, please contact our customer service department and we will dispatch a Ravio Inc bandit/thief to steal your/his/her fish so we can sell it directly to you. Have a nice day!

Someone needs fish? I'm an expert at fishing. Fresh fish coming right up, Mr. Ravioli.

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
Meanwhile Shercluck is digging up clues...

No wonder these break so easy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:18:21 PM by Cucco »

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »
un-Vote Cucco
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:56:01 PM by Ravio »
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
Vote Cucco

I'd like to file a complaint but your customer service department is not responsive.  The Sward that sells darcness you sold me turned out to just be a stick with some tinfoil wrapped around it.

Offline Epona

• Lens of Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 05:17:41 PM »
Feels like there's a push against Dark Link and I'd like to hear some reasoning on it.

Offline Moblin

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 07:59:10 PM »
Linebeck here!

As a man of the sea, it befalls to me to find this retched mafia scum and root them out! They are cowards and liars, and in order to catch them, you have to think like a coward and liar. Of course, this is impossible for me, as my honor makes it unimaginable to even think such a way (*looks nervously across the room*).

But even so, as an adventurer, businessman, and impeccable lover, I have encountered my fair share of mafia games and know that the mafia are either excited to play due to their roles and power or are nervous of being caught. They'll post more the usual or less than usual, boldly playing or hiding in the shadows. It's a guarantee!

I feel it in my left mustache that they are doing both, but mostly the latter. And so I vote with the righteousness of a thousand Kings!

VOTE MOBLIN

Projecting much Linebeck? You didn't even post yesterday. I think it's pretty ill conceived to wantonly vote out people in the beginning of the game. If I was mafia I probably would have lurked for a day or two. People don't know the names of every player, but you come up in their heads when you start making posts.  Or I would vote with anyone, but not be the initiator of a vote. However, it isn't much skin off my teeth to be creating some sort of conversation so I can do some detective work. Mafia is like looking into a microscope. You do tests, you see how people react.

Now I have a few choices. Vote for you out of spite. Not vote for you for all I know you could be a townie. Vote for you because I think I played your move in a previous mafia game as mafia. Or lay low again for fear my name will become famous?

I think my best bet is to not vote for now and wait for further information. I'm waiting to see what the PM game returns.

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
After speaking with one of my informants...  lets call her Hen-rietta..  she claims to have witnessed the grizzly scene and describe it in detail.

However Hen-rietta is a heavy drinker and not my most reliable field opperative.  I'll have to check for more clues.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:09:49 PM by Cucco »