Author Topic: Mafia: Day One  (Read 22484 times)

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia: Day One
« on: January 09, 2006, 04:07:08 AM »
It was a dark and stormy morning.  The tumultuous weather was a harbinger of the days ahead.  After being rocked with violence, the poor townspeople of Louieville had decided enough is enough.  Today was the first day of a new campaign that completely eschewed the trial process.  It was called "Swift Justice."  The townspeople would vote for whom they believed were the evil mafiosos from the notroious Fanboys or the flamboyantly evil Pietriots.

Check your PGC PMs.  If you have a role, then you'll have been PM'd.  I would appreciate confirmation.  

If you did not receive a PM, you are a townie (it's not that you're not special to me, it's that I have to go to sleep).

I recommend not voting until you've checked your PMs.    Day One will continue on until I get confirmation from all the roles.  

Good luck and have fun.    
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE:Mafia: Day One
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 05:36:04 AM »
Are we supposed to role play? =P

Pale steps out of the local bar, takes a deep breath, and begins his walk home.  Every few steps he looks over his shoulder and wonders "Why the hell do I live here."  Suddenly his toe catches the curb and he does a face plant in the snow.

er something...  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia: Day One
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »
The sharp cold kept Aurion from wandering outdoors until the mid-afternoon.  He stumbled out, still sleepy-eyed, and made his way down his driveway to fetch his newspaper.  Halfway there, he suddenly stops......

"I think pants would have been a good idea..."

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 08:31:15 AM »
After being ubruptly awoken by the kids running into the bedroom yelling "Daddy, Daddy, wake up Mommy made breakfast." I sat up quickly, still a little groggy from the night before, looking around the room confused.

Thats when I remembered that not only was I not married, but I don't have any kids and this isn't even my house!!!

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 08:58:32 AM »
 I was walking pass the bar, where I noticed that pale was walking out of the bar. I waved to him, he paused for a sec.. gave me a slight wave and went on.
I have been wondering these pass few days of the going on's in town, the other folks in town have been stirred up lately, I can't blame them with the way things are run.
*a cold wind starts blowing* I decided to step in the bar for a drink, the local yahoo's were there, I see a coke machine, put 50cents in, but instead I get a pepsi*Noooooooooooooooooooooooo*
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »
"I will find the toe!" I yelled, frantically searching on my hands and knees.

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:28:34 AM »
"Is he talking about my toe?"  Pale figures he better just walk away quickly and does so.  As he approaches his building he quickly scurries in, opens his apartment door, and closes it abruptly behind him.  *snick* *click* *snap* *shook* He hits all of his dead bolts and heads for the couch.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 09:39:33 AM »
Actually, I'm talking about mother's toe.  The cat took it again.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 09:43:14 AM »
Pale makes a crack in his blinds and notices that KN is still blathering on about someone's toe.  Safely inside he laughs to himself and goes back to watching some cartoons.
---------------------

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 09:52:22 AM »
With exactly 21 players, if the townies execute someone random on a whim, they actually have a 2/3 chance of only killing one of their own. RUH ROH

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 09:59:15 AM »
Excerpts from the journal made by IceCold; January 1, YR1

The sky lit up in a flash of lightning, followed by the inevitable rumble of violent thunder overhead. As the landscape came to life again, I noticed in the distance, for a fleeting moment, the flashing silhouette of a running person. Then, as suddenly as it came, it was gone. In the midst of the elongated clap of thunder that ensued, I thought I heard something. I dismissed my unnerving thoughts, and told myself off for letting my fear get the most of me. But then I heard it again! It was a gunshot, sure as the wind that blew in my face. I did some calculations, and I deduced that if 2+2=5, and log(5) is the inverse root of infinity, then something was definitely wrong about this scenario. My curiosity tugged at me and demanded that I investigate. However, my common sense got the better of me, and I ran home as fast as my weary feet could take me. These are troubling times indeed..

This is the first paragraph of my novel, diary. Do you like it?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 10:07:22 AM »
TVman awakes in his bed and turns on the television. Nothing was on, so he decides to go outside in his bule puma running shorts. He begins jogging on the soggy streets of the shell that was once his home town. The heavy trafic forces him on to the sidewalk. He doesn't have school for another week, so he decides to enjoy his time off on the internet. . .until the doorbell rings. . .

"Damn tax collectors."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »
I'm not sure exactly how we're supposed to discuss who to kill someone (what with all the third-person dialogue and whatnot).

If the townsfolk don't have a clue who's who (as is usually the case in the early days of the game) can we collectively decide not to vote off someone, or is the rule someone must be voted off every day?

EDIT:  I UNVOTE FOR MARIO (VOTE CHANGE).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 11:17:58 AM »
Someone must be voted off everyday...And we can't really vote for someone until the mob boss has killed someone, which he hasn't yet...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 11:19:43 AM »
But we won't find out who the mob boss kills until day two, right?  So does that mean there's no voting off on day one?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 11:20:16 AM »
We'll that gives ample time... now doesn't it?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
But we won't find out who the mob boss kills until day two, right?  So does that mean there's no voting off on day one?

No, no, there are two mafia groups: The Fanboys and The Pietriots...The Fanboys kill on every odd day (starting with today) while The Pietriots kill on even days (starting with tomorrow)...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 11:24:15 AM »
Looking down from the highrise balcony, ShyGuy takes a sip of ginger ale from his private stash and studies the activity on the cold streets below. As he watches the good people of Louieville scurrying about in the snow, he thinks to himself. "As long as I'm writing my own reality here, I might as well be rich." Smiling and shaking his head, he flips open his phone and asks his driver to bring the car around front.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »

No, no, there are two mafia groups: The Fanboys and The Pietriots...The Fanboys kill on every odd day (starting with today) while The Pietriots kill on even days (starting with tomorrow)...
I realize that.  However, we won't find out the results of today's killing until tomorrow, correct?  So do townsfolk vote off someone today (with results tomorrow) or do we wait to vote tomorrow (with results on Wednesday)?

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
Gohan started walking back home, Suddenly "hear's something" a cat scrammbled through the trash cans in the alley. "think's to himself, must be that cat Knowsnothing is talking about"
I turned around to another corner, I hear two guys mumbling in the alleyway. I walked by, not paying any attention to their mumblings.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 12:02:18 PM »
Maybe we should start furiously AIMing and messaging each other!!1/

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 12:04:46 PM »
Real mobsters use IRC.

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 12:05:10 PM »
The person the townies choose to kill (so far MARIO is leading with a single vote) is killed after polls close.  As I stated above, polls for Day 1 will only close after I receive my confirmations.  Not much to worry about on that front, as I've gotten a good portion.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »
lol poor Mario, he better come and defend himself from getting the "Axe"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 12:28:57 PM »
I think we should keep all conversations within the forum myself, using PMs as needed, or if people want to get really creative, they could post conversations with each other at a local cafe or something right in here....
---------------------