Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204834 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4625 on: September 14, 2019, 02:45:28 PM »
The original was.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-eerie-indiana-the-complete-series/9118267

Yeah, I didn't see that set on Amazon when I originally looked, but I see it now...and it's quite expensive if you want it new.

On a whim, I started watching the series digitally. Gotta say, the video quality is awful (these feel like VHS rips), but the show itself holds up rather well for what it is. It kind of reminds me of a less-whimsical, more mysterious Adventures of Pete & Pete.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: September 17, 2019, 06:06:18 PM »
There's going to be a new Battlestar Galactica spin-off series, set in the universe of the 2000s reboot.

https://www.cbr.com/nbcs-battlestar-galactica-reboot-isnt-reboot/

Just...why? Weren't Season 4 and the entirety of Caprica bad enough? Battlestar Galactica was the show that ended so terribly it made you hate the rest of the series...before Lost & Game of Thrones made it popular.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:09:27 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: September 17, 2019, 06:08:19 PM »
EJECT EJECT EJECT NOW
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: September 17, 2019, 06:52:18 PM »
I think one of the reason's Hollywood keeps coming back to franchises is because it is so hard to come up with a good name that isn't taken.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Star Gate, StarCraft, Starship Troopers, The Last Starfighter, Ad Astra

Lost in Space, Space Patrol, Space Balls, Space Hunter, Space Cowboys

Guardians of the Galaxy, Galaxy Quest

Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Pluto Nash,

Blade Runner, Logan's Run, The Maze Runner

Masters of the Universe, Babylon 5, Andromeda, Farscape, Dune, Red Dwarf, 

Aliens, Predator, Critters,

ET, ALF, CHUD, V

The Thing, The Blob,

Ghost of Mars, The Martian, Mars Attacks, Mission to Mars,

Red Planet, Forbidden Planet

... the Orville

When I started writing my screenplay Intergalactic Funknauts it was. Though an incredibly Politically incorrect movie called Asterisk could be hilarious. It be even more hilarious if it isn't spelled out. *

A return of the blob movie could be good. At the end of the movie they store the blob over in Antarctica and the ice caps are melting so...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:05:53 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: September 23, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »
Frozen II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwzLiQZDw2I

I think it looks good. another $1.5B for Disney.... I think that $10B Disney BO is a lock.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:14:35 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4631 on: October 07, 2019, 11:13:27 PM »
Only 5 episodes?! Lol.  I think when I saw they got picked up for like 100 episodes, I thought "There's no way they fulfill that".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: October 07, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »
The 100 episodes is for whatever they manage. So season 4 will have 5 episodes that means after this there will be 95 more episodes.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4633 on: October 07, 2019, 11:52:32 PM »
Or 19 more seasons!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: October 08, 2019, 12:49:08 AM »
Only 5 episodes?! Lol.  I think when I saw they got picked up for like 100 episodes, I thought "There's no way they fulfill that".

I didn't get to watch it yet, but I heard it's being released in batches of small episode orders. Part 1 is 5eps. Not sure about the rest, and can't confirm any of that info is correct either.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4635 on: October 08, 2019, 05:39:29 AM »
This happens fairly regularly with animated series.  Either the episodes are not all finished yet, or they are going to need new content throughout the year, so they will do 5 episodes then wait a month or so and release 5 more episodes.  It kinda sucks, but if you know the interval of time, I would say its much better than waiting half a year or longer for more episodes.  Getting a months worth of shows then waiting a month is much better.  Besides these 5 episodes may tell a mini-arc or something.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 08, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »
Season 2 of SpongeBob SquarePants is the best animated comedy season. Fight me.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4637 on: October 08, 2019, 10:13:38 AM »
I would because Steven Universe, but that's not what he would have wanted. Speaking of, that type of release schedule was infuriating with that show. You'd get five episodes in one week and then nothing for months. Sometimes the network would actually sit on the completed episodes just to maintain this batch release schedule! It was maddening at times.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4638 on: October 08, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »
Steven Universe? Which season.  Also I think comedy is so subjective that it is hard to be right or wrong.  I mean Parks and Rec I think is the funniest sitcom series I have seen, but I know some people that hate the show.  Futurama has some good seasons, but is overall inconsistent, Simpson's has some great seasons, but they are also inconsistent, but the early seasons were still amazing.  Bob's Burgers is pretty amazing too, and the series is overall fairly creative, but I can also understand why people would hate that series.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 09, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »
I've found most people who dislike P&R bailed in the first two seasons. I enjoyed all of it, but it certainly was weaker in the beginning. It is a far superior show to it's predecessor, The Office, because every character in Office is a horrible human being and when Michael Scott left they not only kept going, but character assassinated most of what little good was left in the characters that were half decent. P&R pulled off what few shows today seem to be able to do and ended in a spectacular fashion that was satisfying.

Office had plenty of funny moments (The "Fire Drill" episode is one of the funniest bits of comedy I have seen on TV in a long while), but between the mean spirited characters, lack of legitimate character growth, and celebration of negative behaviors, I have no desire to re-watch much other than a clip or two on occasion, while P&R is something I happily watch every other year or so.

Maybe it's because I watched P&R first, so I am biased, but I think there is more to it than that. Would be curious to hear other's thoughts on it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4640 on: October 09, 2019, 03:27:46 PM »
Steven Universe? Which season.  Also I think comedy is so subjective that it is hard to be right or wrong.  I mean Parks and Rec I think is the funniest sitcom series I have seen, but I know some people that hate the show.  Futurama has some good seasons, but is overall inconsistent, Simpson's has some great seasons, but they are also inconsistent, but the early seasons were still amazing.  Bob's Burgers is pretty amazing too, and the series is overall fairly creative, but I can also understand why people would hate that series.

It's particularly good once they start getting deeper into the overall plot of the show in the 2nd and 3rd seasons.  But the 5th season is really, really good, epecially after you've gotten attached to the characters.  The movie that aired was also spectacular.  The comedy is more on the silly side than the profound, but it's still a pretty funny show.  There's just more to it than the comedy, with the characters, the action, and the story being bigger deals.  Oh, and the music.  The songs are possibly the best part.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4641 on: October 10, 2019, 05:44:06 AM »
Stratos:  I watched P&R before The Office too.  I have to say, both series get better as they go.  I actually think The Office slowly moves all the characters into likable people, and they have one of the best finale series of television I have seen.  Of course I also think P&R knocked it out of the park with their finale season.  The thing that Parks and Rec does better than the Office is they create fictional world, that is believable and yet plays be its own rules.  Characters are such extreme stereotypes of their cliches that they are almost not their cliche anymore.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: October 10, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »
The thing about the last season or two of Office was how they basically assassinated Andy's character (among others). Also, I had no love for Angela, because she (and Dwight) did things that were irredeemable and yet they were part of the final celebration. And the return of Michael just seemed to fall flat, like he didn't want to be there or was being charged by the word, so they kept his lines to a minimum. And the one guy I viewed as half decent (Jim) had his own problems. I never understood why everyone rallied around Michael despite how much of a jerk/asshole he was to everyone.

And the British gal was so annoying and way overstayed her welcome, but I'm willing to admit my wife and I's disdain may be a bit for the actress' role in Once Upon A Time, where her later arcs felt like something shoehorned into the show like they had to out of obligation (as if she was dating the show runner or something, it was awful).

It just felt like I was supposed to "like" all of these characters and there was just so little to like about them, like just because of the time and proximity we spent with them the audience is supposed to grow attached. And it can't have been from any form of binging, because we binged both of them to varying degrees after they were concluded.

My wife actually bailed on the show for the final season other than sitting in for the final couple episodes because we figured we may as well finish it. Sure we got some good laughs, but we sat through a lot of sub-par stuff to get to them.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 04:44:04 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4643 on: October 10, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »
I never liked The Office (US).  I felt Dwight was the only redeemable character but the show tried to make me hate him?  I just didn't understand what people saw in the Michael Scott character.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4644 on: October 11, 2019, 12:12:29 AM »
Well the show started out as basically Jim and Pam's story, and as the seasons progressed it really became more about that, even when the show runners learned that Dwight was a loved character and focused on making him less of a jerk.  Because it was always Jim's story they were allowed to make the other characters bad.  I agree that some things were annoying, and looking back it might just be that I really like the final 3 episodes a lot where they had story arches that redeemed many characters and I wasn't left wanting more when the series ended. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4645 on: October 11, 2019, 01:52:29 AM »
Maybe I should rewatch it some of it as being Jim and Pam’s story. People always talked up the Michael Scott parts and the episodes where it’s all him are kinda cringy.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4646 on: October 11, 2019, 03:58:57 AM »
Nickmitch:  I never liked Michael Scott, it was easily the worst character in the series. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 11, 2019, 08:30:57 AM »

It's particularly good once they start getting deeper into the overall plot of the show in the 2nd and 3rd seasons.  But the 5th season is really, really good, epecially after you've gotten attached to the characters.  The movie that aired was also spectacular.  The comedy is more on the silly side than the profound, but it's still a pretty funny show.  There's just more to it than the comedy, with the characters, the action, and the story being bigger deals.  Oh, and the music.  The songs are possibly the best part.

I really like Steven Universe, but the show has a lot of issues.  Beyond some of the deeper stuff (like the racial coding of Bismuth, the whole slave/romance relationship between Pearl and <can't spoil>...), just so many of the basic plot points are built around inconsistent character choices.

Bismuth gets nothing really explained to her, then gets poofed and bubbled and set aside until Steven decides she'd make a great wedding present.

The freaking diamonds - murdering, genocidal conquerors - get a speech from Steven and now they're all bffs and everything is better now.

eh.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: October 11, 2019, 11:06:25 AM »
Jungle Cruise - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnzilTiBcY

This looks like a lot of fun. I bet this does well enough to get a sequel, an then hopefully, those paychecks are enough to get Emily Blunt into the MCU (as Sue Storm)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4649 on: October 11, 2019, 04:53:50 PM »

I really like Steven Universe, but the show has a lot of issues.  Beyond some of the deeper stuff (like the racial coding of Bismuth, the whole slave/romance relationship between Pearl and <can't spoil>...), just so many of the basic plot points are built around inconsistent character choices.

Bismuth gets nothing really explained to her, then gets poofed and bubbled and set aside until Steven decides she'd make a great wedding present.

The freaking diamonds - murdering, genocidal conquerors - get a speech from Steven and now they're all bffs and everything is better now.

eh.

Bismuth tried to shatter Steven and got poofed and bubbled. Not a ton of time to explain things, but she did get a full explanation before the wedding.

There's a lot of disagreement about if the Diamonds are redeemed, but there's enough evidence there to explain why they had such a sudden change of heart. It's not just a pep talk, it has to do with his powers and their relationship.