Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 673908 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto
« Reply #2825 on: June 23, 2021, 04:54:54 PM »
that was a great ending that that game.
that lob at the end was absolutely highlight material.

I feel this series is over if CP3 comes back next game in LA.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2826 on: June 24, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »
Holy ****, that ending! No goaltending on an inbound pass. This fourth quarter was so good.

Paul George is about to get wrecked on social media.

The social media slander has been my favorite part of the playoffs. Top-quality tweets abound.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 24, 2021, 08:49:25 PM »
Holy ****, that ending! No goaltending on an inbound pass. This fourth quarter was so good.

Paul George is about to get wrecked on social media.

The social media slander has been my favorite part of the playoffs. Top-quality tweets abound.

Please post some of your favorites.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2828 on: June 25, 2021, 10:10:24 PM »
I didn't save any, but I'll start sharing to the thread.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 11:11:26 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: July 01, 2021, 12:55:50 AM »
So, Giannis has no structural damage from his hyper extension, but no telling if he plays tomorrow
Trae Young might still be out with an ankle sprain from stepping on the refs foot....

East coming down to "Survival of the Fittest" and who can recover fastest.

Suns the only team to not have a major player injured?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2831 on: July 01, 2021, 12:13:23 PM »
CP3’s case of Covid was the worst of it, I think. Which makes then the lucky ones.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: July 20, 2021, 11:53:09 PM »
So Giannis got his ring. Stepped up BIG TIME.
Cleaned up that free throw issue, and pulled some extra moves out the bag to secure the ring.

Finals MVP indeed.
Congrats!!!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:57:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: July 21, 2021, 04:32:48 AM »
Well, it's a shame that the Suns that didn't win their Championship, but congrats to the Bucks for proving a lot of people wrong in a fucking weird year of basketball.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2834 on: July 21, 2021, 04:09:59 PM »
Giannis was incredible coming off that injury.  Reports say he went to Chick-fil-A and ordered exactly 50 nuggets.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: September 23, 2021, 09:54:38 PM »
No one posted in this thread for two months?

Even I can’t defend Ben Simmons. Go to work, dude. The Sixers did everything they could help him succeed though maybe babied him too much. He no shows in the playoffs and now is refusing to show up to training camp. What is happening? This is like bizarro world or Rand McNally, where they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

Andrew Wiggins refuses to get vaccinated which means he can’t play any home games for the Warriors as local jurisdiction requires vaccination for large indoor events. He said he won’t get vaccinated unless “forced to”. The Warriors had him speak to an expert and Wiggins was still unmoved. Bruh.

Majority owner of the Warriors, Joe Lacob was fined $50,000 for essentially saying (off the record) they don’t need Ben Simmons and questioning his fit on the roster (in a potential trade). That’s like the opposite of tampering unless they simply can’t talk about other teams’ players entirely in any context.

Apparently, Carlos Boozer is the last Jazz player to record a triple double… back in 2008. Triple doubles aren’t easy per se, but 13 years? What are y’all even doing out there in the Beehive State?

Stephen A. Smith got Max Kellerman booted from First Take.

NBA is in shambles.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 24, 2021, 12:49:12 AM »
I thought Max Kellerman left First Take to go do coordinated dance videos on TikTok/IG Reels?

and Ben Simmons is gonna find himself broke and out of a job for violation of contract after being fined to death. If he really wanted to show his worth, I agree with what I heard on the radio in that he should have played for his country in the Olympics and display how he CAN shoot, and no longer afraid to show how he developed that part of his game on the court in an In-Game situation.

Wiggins might find himself traded if he can't play home games. **** Around and find yourself Simmons'd soon bro. But something tells me he end up taking it after missing a few home games and getting side-eyed by teammates as he watches one or more of them start taking his play time in the away games too.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 24, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »
If the Sixers can stomach the distraction, they have leverage. They shouldn’t want Simmons with the team or on the court if he’s going to be a **** while he’s there, and they shouldn’t accept a bad trade either. The Sixers will lose every trade unless they land Damian Lillard, but they don’t have to accept pennies on the dollar. Simmons can sit out as long as he wants, but sitting out an entire year doesn’t count as a year of his contract. It falls under “failing to render services” so he would still have four years on his contract while also getting fined into oblivion.

As for Wiggins, I question who is willing to trade for his contract and the current reality of him automatically missing games because he won’t be allowed in an arena.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:39:31 AM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 24, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »
Wiggins will give in.

His value was already low (by comparison) to begin with, and watching someone from the bench take his playtime while he loses (now and future) money will right his ship long before it gets off course.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 24, 2021, 11:14:40 PM »
LOL. Wiggins tried to get a religious exemption which the NBA promptly shut down and denied. I agree; he’s going to get the vaccine at some point. He’s being such a wang about it right now though.

Unrelated: a local Salt Lake City reporter stopped Jordan Clarkson on the street (without knowing who he was) for an impromptu interview. She asked him to spell his name then asked if he went to any Jazz games. Clarkson replied, “Yeah, a lot.” In her defense, she’s taking it pretty well. This is my favorite NBA story of the off-season.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 27, 2021, 10:42:43 PM »
Wiggins on how he don't know if he's gonna get Vaxx'd
https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1442582057859706882?s=20

I'm pretty sure you don't get paid for all the games you ("voluntarily") don't play in....

and here is Steph politely telling him that BULLSHIT
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1442641773378088963?s=20

I hope they just bench him for the damn home games too. Can't keep fucking up the chemistry switching out a rotation that may be working.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2841 on: October 04, 2021, 09:26:25 PM »
Got a ticket for the Suns and Lakers game on the 6th.  I am in the lower deck  just to the right of the basket on the west side of the court.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 15, 2022, 10:15:27 PM »
Sheesh, here’s a summary of Suns vs. Mavericks:

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 16, 2022, 12:56:14 AM »
Meanwhile, us Jazz fans are off in a corner, waiting for the time to finally come to blow up the team after season after season of pure mediocrity.

Man, though, just WTF happened to the Suns? I was really pulling for them to get that Championship this year. It's bad enough to lose a hard-fought series like that, but to get completely annihilated at home in Game 7? Ugh...

Warriors vs. Mavericks. Now there's a lose-lose battle, and it doesn't get any better with a vs. Celtics or vs. Heat finals. -_-

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2844 on: May 16, 2022, 01:40:07 AM »
Thanks for bumping this Adrock.

I have just been rooting for my adopted team the Bucks for the playoffs since the Lakers missed out on the playoffs.   

Coming out of the East I have the Heat winning because of Butler but also the Celtics can not get the 18th now that the Lakers have tied them again at 17.    Heat in 6.

West I have the Warriors for their team play.  I do like Luka and the Mavs and because Kidd is a former Lakers coach and Bullock is a former Lakers player but I think it will be a 7 game series. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: May 18, 2022, 10:34:05 AM »
Meanwhile, us Jazz fans are off in a corner, waiting for the time to finally come to blow up the team after season after season of pure mediocrity.
May I interest you in a gently used Russell Westbrook for Donovan Mitchell?

But seriously, what do you think the Jazz do? The end of Jazz vs. Mavericks Game 6 was wild. You can’t ask for a better final shot than Bogdanović wide open for three at home. After another early playoff exit, the Jazz have to consider trading Gobert AND Mitchell. If the site I looked at is accurate, the Jazz owe its 2022 first round pick to the Grizzlies and its next first round pick starting in 2024 is conditionally protected through 2026 (owed to the Thunder because of course it is). It behooves the Jazz to tank to keep that pick.

Personally, the Jazz keep Mitchell and try to build around him though he’d probably be better as a second option. Trading Gobert choke-slams the Jazz’s entire defense.
Coming out of the East I have the Heat winning because of Butler but also the Celtics can not get the 18th now that the Lakers have tied them again at 17.    Heat in 6.

West I have the Warriors for their team play.  I do like Luka and the Mavs and because Kidd is a former Lakers coach and Bullock is a former Lakers player but I think it will be a 7 game series.
Yeah, I can’t have the Celtics winning anything so I hope the Heat advance. Did you see the game last night? The Heat struggled more than expected considering the Celtics were missing both Horford and Smart.

In the West, I like Luka but don’t want anything good to happen to Mark Cuban. I want the Mavericks to perpetually lose through Luka’s next contract so he gets fed up and leaves. Since both the Sixers and Bucks failed, I want the Warriors to win as it may be Steph and Klay’s last best chance to win another title.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: May 18, 2022, 06:19:21 PM »
May I interest you in a gently used Russell Westbrook for Donovan Mitchell?

But seriously, what do you think the Jazz do? The end of Jazz vs. Mavericks Game 6 was wild. You can’t ask for a better final shot than Bogdanović wide open for three at home. After another early playoff exit, the Jazz have to consider trading Gobert AND Mitchell. If the site I looked at is accurate, the Jazz owe its 2022 first round pick to the Grizzlies and its next first round pick starting in 2024 is conditionally protected through 2026 (owed to the Thunder because of course it is). It behooves the Jazz to tank to keep that pick.

Personally, the Jazz keep Mitchell and try to build around him though he’d probably be better as a second option. Trading Gobert choke-slams the Jazz’s entire defense.

I think Gobert's time with the Jazz is done. He's toxic on the court, he's toxic in the locker room, and playoff teams have figured out how to get around his basic-ass defensive strategy for years. Because of his contract, he'd be difficult to get rid of, but it needs to happen.

I also think Quin Snyder's time with the Jazz is done. The guy doesn't play his young and developing talent, and years of mediocrity have shown that this team just does not listen to him. He's a good coach, but it's time for a change. To what? I don't know.

If I'm the Jazz, I find a way to keep Mitchell; Clarkson; Bogdanovic; Danuel House; Trent Forrest; and Jared Butler. Everyone else is expendable. Blow up the team, keep Donovan happy by rebuilding the team around him (whereas it's currently built around Gobert) and getting rid of Gobert (it's an open secret that Donovan and Rudy don't get along), and be willing to lose for a few seasons trading and developing talent. Take another swing at a deep playoff run when we have a more complete team, rather than the glass cannon build we have right now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2847 on: May 18, 2022, 07:35:11 PM »
Yeah Adrock I watched the game last night and the Heat didn't have Lowry starting but his backup Strus had a nice game.  I think the return of Robert Williams helped a lot.  That inside defensive game.   Smart not playing mattered more I think as he couldn't defend the perimeter.   Herro and Strus had good games and Butler looked like he did in the 2020 playoffs.

As for Cuban at this point I amambivalent with him.  I don't care.  I just like watching Luka do his thing.   Did you know that Luka in the last series versus the Suns had more points than Booker( 218-164), outrebounded Ayton( 69-57) had more assists than Paul (49-40), More steals than Mikal(15-9) in that 7 game series.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 19, 2022, 12:01:44 AM »
Yikes. That was a bloodbath tonight. There are rare occasions when I want a blowout. I prefer competitive basketball. That wasn't even fun after a while though I'm sure BNM will disagree.

I think Gobert's time with the Jazz is done. He's toxic on the court, he's toxic in the locker room, and playoff teams have figured out how to get around his basic-ass defensive strategy for years. Because of his contract, he'd be difficult to get rid of, but it needs to happen.
Gobert's main problem is he's the Jazz's only great defender while still having an exploitable weakness. Of course, the team is getting exposed in the playoffs under those circumstances. They're leaning way too much on one guy, and teams know exactly how to make him less effective.

If you need to choose between the two, the Jazz practically have to pick Mitchell because he's younger and still has upside. It shouldn't be that difficult to find a taker for Gobert. Some team will talk themselves into thinking he's the last piece of the puzzle. Still, I'd explore trading Mitchell unless y'all can get a superstar by some other means. Rip the bandaid off. This is how many early playoff exits in a row. The Jazz are absolutely a treadmill team.

I also think Quin Snyder's time with the Jazz is done.
Rob Pelinka is licking his lips in anticipation.

I'd gladly take Snyder over names like Terry Stotts or worse, Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers. *shudder* I'd also prefer a long-time assistant getting their first head coaching gig. Get some new voices in there.

Yeah Adrock I watched the game last night and the Heat didn't have Lowry starting but his backup Strus had a nice game.  I think the return of Robert Williams helped a lot.  That inside defensive game.   Smart not playing mattered more I think as he couldn't defend the perimeter.   Herro and Strus had good games and Butler looked like he did in the 2020 playoffs
Losing Horford/Smart is definitely hitting the Celtics harder than the Lowry's absence is hitting the Heat. Horford can pull Outta-the-Bayou away from the basket. Smart can at least make Butler work a little harder. Jebus, Butler was getting whatever he wanted.

It also felt like Strus had way more than 11 points.

As for Cuban at this point I amambivalent with him.  I don't care.
Ehh, Mark Cuban is less-dangerous-Elon-Musk. Everything he does vacillates between hey-that-was-pretty-cool-of-you to what-the-****-man. There's no in between. And homeboy really thought people would believe someone so entrenched in team business had no idea there was rampant sexual harassment and an overall toxic work environment happening right under his nose, or that people would forget. GTFOH, Cuban. That **** was not that long ago. As much as I love watching Luka play, I just can't root for a Mavericks' title. Get my dude out of Dallas.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: May 22, 2022, 11:53:00 PM »
Is anyone still watching the playoffs?

The games aren't great. Way too many blowouts this post-season. Tonight's game was okay. The Warriors were pretty firmly in control in the second half. Losing Porter Jr. sucks.

The Eastern Conference Finals are a mess.