Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 4. The Life and Death of Lobo  (Read 19249 times)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 4. The Life and Death of Lobo
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »
I have a bad feeling that tonight is going to be a blood bath.  Vote, space mafia hit, joker hit, red ring, poison gas.  That's a potential of 7 dead.  We'd better get this one right.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »
I have a bad feeling that tonight is going to be a blood bath.  Vote, space mafia hit, joker hit, red ring, poison gas.  That's a potential of 7 dead.  We'd better get this one right.

...how do you know the Joker has enough points for the poison gas?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
Assuming he has the orange ring and has been knocking off high point players, it is possible.  I'm mearly stating the worst case scenario...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »
Assuming he has the orange ring and has been knocking off high point players, it is possible.  I'm mearly stating the worst case scenario...
lol... I should have read the rules better. I was unaware that different players had different point amounts associated with them.

Anyone care to speak up as to if they got the orange ring?  And if they're the Joker?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
Note to the Justice League - be sure to use your phantom zone projector.  I'd recommend ShyGuy.  Whomever gets the white ring won't be able to use it until "tomorrow" - but ShyGuy can come back anytime - and we know who he is.

Rules question - does the Justice League get to target an additional person every day, or just one person each day?  i.e.: if they've had the projector for three days, could they potentially be targeting three people total, or just one?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »
Vudu hasn't even logged in since Monday. If he's using an alias, that against forum rules and would cause disqualification. Vudu isn't someone I'm concerned with right now.

And Shyguy can come back anytime he wants. He could be back right now for all we know. There may be other targets for the Justice League to be concerned with.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
Hey look at the bright side, at least we have an elephant with a machine gun on it..

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 07:25:07 PM »
And Shyguy can come back anytime he wants. He could be back right now for all we know. There may be other targets for the Justice League to be concerned with.

ShyGuy just posted in the dead thread -that means he's dead, right?

Right now, ShyGuy is the only one who can be resurrected - which is the only thing the Phantom Zone generator stops. If you know of any living mafia members, we need to target them with votes.  Dead mafia players can be considered tomorrow (I'd target Earth mafia, as I'd bet the Earth Godfather would be willing to pay a pretty sum for the chance to bring back someone onto his team) - but today, they're just not a threat.  The Joker would be a waste for the Phantom Zone generator - no one would use the white ring to bring him back and the black ring hasn't been sold yet.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
Anybody else find it funny that the Cheif (Uncle Bob) here has been so close to being voted off or threatend by the joker and has somehow managed to skate by?  Another interesting coincedence is that those who have been against him have met an unplesent end.  Dasmos (while mafia granted) voted against him... bam dead... Unagi extorting him... now dead.  Also why did he just have 7pts yesterday.  Just for posting the past couple days he should have had more than that.  Perhaps he has been buying up some rings.  If he is not the joker, he may be "connected" in some way.  And now I'm probably next to die... it's been fun everyone.

Oh, also, a dead player's vote isn't valid, and won't be counted in the day's total.

Vote Uncle Bob
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:06:57 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »
You forgot ShyGuy - he saved my skin, then died... Oh, wait, you meant people against me - not people who interact with me in any way.

Besides, Dasmos was killed by the Joker. Unagi was killed by the mafia.  I'm not sure exactly how I would have pulled that off.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »
vote APDUDE
How's it feel? :(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:06:42 PM by UncleBob »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
I'll cast the first vote then.

Vote GoldenPhoenix

She's done 3 posts on the game. One to assure us she's here after a 12 hour work day, and then a vote on day 2 and day 3. I say she's trying to keep a low profile.

I just have not been on much, though really it is not that much different from other times I've played.  When one is preparing to take a trip to another plane of existance, other issues take a back seat.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »
Of note, a Justice League has been formed.  Many of you already know this.  The Justice League consists only of townies.  They have access to the Phantom Zone Ray, a beam weapon that hits a player, living or dead, of their choice.  The beam bounds the player's fate with the phantom zone, and prevents the player from being able to return from the dead at any later point in time.  The league will disband if a member dies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
Question - if the League disbands, does the Phantom Zone Project stay active for those already targeted?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:06:08 PM by thatguy »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
Question - if the League disbands, does the Phantom Zone Project stay active for those already targeted?

I tried to quote your post and accidentally put the answer in it!

But long answer? Yes.  A player hit by the ray will always be tagged with that status.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »

I tried to quote your post and accidentally put the answer in it!

But long answer? Yes.  A player hit by the ray will always be tagged with that status.

Thus, I restate my earlier suggestion that the League target ShyGuy today.  Now.  He's the *only* person that we know with 100% certainty that can come back.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
Inside the JLA headquarters on the moon, people are having a conversation.
"I say we take this clown and make him frown.  Then we'll take him down." -- Sundoulos.
"Why's the Yank trying to rhyme now?  What's wrong here...?" -- Stratos
"I don't know, but I say we get the first teleporter out of here and head back to Earth. The planet needs us!" -- Bustin98
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHA" -- TJ Spyke
"My rhymes weren't that goo..HAHAHAHAHAHA" -- Sundoulos

Result: The Joker has used his laughing gas.  He targeted four players:
Bustin98 somehow managed to live.
Stratos managed to survive the attack and live
Sundoulos was killed by the laughing gas. He was a townie and a member of the justice league
TJ Spyke was killed by the laughing gas. He was a townie.

Whether or not the other two players are a part of the justice league or whether they were invited to the tower by Sundoulos is entirely unknown.  What is certain is that the Justice League has disbanded in Sundoulos's death, and no longer has access to the Phantom Ray Portal.  Naturally, they're still familiar with each other.  Sometimes they call whenever it's the night or weekend in order to save minutes.  Other times, John J'onzz helps them communicate with telepathy or something.  Oddly enough, upon a forensic investigation, a note was found carved into the Justice League's table. It reads "Everyone thank Bustin. -J"

Oddly enough, about the same time deep in the heart of the jungle, red blood melts through trees, foliage, and monkeys. The Phantom is seen running, in fear.  A Red Lantern catches up to him, his back to the frame of the panel so that readers cannot see who he is.
"Phantom! You shall pay for your selfish crimes to take over the earth!"
"No, no, no! Please! Don't kill the jungle!" the Phantom cries, feigning ignorance.
The red figure coughs up more fiery blood, hitting his target, who boils to death on the spot.

Apdude was killed by the player wielding the Red Ring.  Apdude was the Earth mafia member The Riddler.

Who used the red ring?  No one will ever know.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »
The players listed as dead above are now, well, dead.  Further participation in the day's thread is not allowed, and all bids toward the auction these players may have made have been canceled.

Bustin98 and Stratos were both attacked, and through some mysterious way, both survived. The three other players all died from deadly item usage.

Of note, the Joker is only allowed to use Laughing gas one time, and may not purchase it again.  He also did not receive points for these kills. Since he's already used it, there's no more of that stuff.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
...?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »
Holy crap ola.

I need a minute...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »
Please tell me the Justice League had a chance to use the Phantom Zone project at least....

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »
Please tell me the Justice League had a chance to use the Phantom Zone project at least....
No, they did not.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 08:59:52 PM »
Oh, also, a dead player's vote isn't valid, and won't be counted in the day's total.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
Okay, unless Superman was protecting the Joker/Mafia member, we're left with three of these four people being the remaining mafia members or the Joker:
Vudu
GoldenPhoenix
Nickmitch
Stevey