Community Forums > General Chat

the apprentice

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jale:
I think it was us Brits who started the reality TV craze with the first Big Brother. WE also stared Who wants to be a millionair, and mad cow's disease.

Berny:
You are giving me reasons to hate the land of Tolkien's birth. Stop now, or I'll kill ya. I know where you live. And if I don't, you live on an island. I have to find you eventually.

Ms.Pikmin:

Originally posted by: Jale
I think it was us Brits who started the reality TV craze with the first Big Brother. WE also stared Who wants to be a millionair, and mad cow's disease.
--- End quote ---

Actually, I'm very sure Real World has several years on Big Brother.  Real World dates back to about 1992.  

As far as wanting death to the creators of reality tv, the work is half done as the co-creator of Real World, Mary-Ellis Bunim died earlier this year.  

Djunknown:
What began as an edgy, in your face pseudo documentary-style show that was "The Real World"; that once went against the grain, has become part of what I call "Cultural Erosion." The network suits are still scratching their heads why Television viewing is down? Because I'm sick of whiny, sleazy, young adults bitching and moaning(And live in fabuously furnished homes), when they really have nothing to bitch about. "OMG I soooo cannot stand [insert name here]. They like, cramp my style."

[Cue footage of said people cursing at each other, bleeped of course.]

If you were homeless, hungry, and on the verge of death, yeah you have some Sh!t to bitch about.

Its as if people are hell-bent on getting their 15 minutes. I'm not going to look down on people who watch it; that's not fair.

Its times like these I'm glad I have my 'Cube; take that Survivor! Take that Newlyweds! While Jessica Simpson is still trying to figure out if tuna is made of out chicken, I'm basking in the glory of MGS or Eternal Darkness.  I can only hope that this is just a phase...

Uncle Rich AiAi:
I said this in another thread:

I consider reality TV to be one of the worst inventions, ever....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version