Author Topic: Pokemon RPG finally official*  (Read 5304 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Pokemon RPG finally official*
« on: May 22, 2003, 03:21:40 PM »
*that is, if Dengeki didn't decide to pull some lame prank on everyone

Dengeki Cube has an interview with the pres of Creatures, Inc., Tsunekazu Ishihara.  Ishihara told Dengeki that they are indeed working on an actually GC RPG.  Well, that's the report.  Let's just pray that this doesn't follow that Mario RPG hoax  

www.gamecubeheaven.tk
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 03:53:07 PM »
All they need to do now is make it an MMORPG and my life is complete.

Wow- 4 Gamecube Pokemon games. At least Nintendo knows what it's sellers are.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 03:56:05 PM »
Ermm... this might be stupid question, but I've kind of been out of the Pokemon loop for a while.  Is there a Pokemon Stadium coming to GameCube?  If so, will it be compatable with Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow?  Does anyone know that yet?  If so, I would want to buy one, as I passed on the N64 incarnations, and recently found out that I do have a couple of friends who play Pokemon.  (YAY!)

Anyways, I can't wait for a real 3D GameCube Pokemon RPG.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 04:03:11 PM »
Pokemon Stadium is indeed coming to the Cube (it was listed as Pokemon Colliseum at E3). I have no idea if it'll be compatiable with Red/Blue/Yellow, but you really should be playing Ruby/Sapphire by now.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 04:09:04 PM »
All I know is that in released pics of Colliseum the starters from Gold/Silver were revealed.  I'll just let you decide what that possibly means
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 04:16:32 PM »
Cool.  Thanks for the info.  I remember that announcement now... I remembered Box, but I couldn't remember anything about the other Pokemon GCN game announced.  I do know that I should really be playing Sapphire or Ruby, but I just can't afford any games right now, and I had a copy of Pokemon Red hanging around, and figured I would give the game one more go, while waiting for the money to be available to buy Ruby.  (or Sapphire).

I just hope that I have money by the time that Colloseum comes out.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 04:51:22 PM »
Wait, does it really make sense for it to be compatible with all versions of Pokemon.  I mean in the Ruby/Sapphire games, one couldn't trade back to previous versions.  I don't know what kind of trick Nintendo is pulling, maybe this is how to get all the old pokemon that seem to be unavailable in the new games.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 08:28:29 PM »
They had better find a way for me to get Scyther/Scizor...that guy was one bad puppy. In fact, the only reason I'm not buying Ruby/Saphire is because I'm waiting for a version that will have Scyther, maybe an 'Emerald' version will come in a year or so?
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Pokemon RPG finally official*
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 10:37:35 PM »
i doubt that Satans Nemesis, all the pokemon are availble in ruby/saphire, you just need to trade them via pokemon box (as near as i can determine) hey i still got Ruby and you cant get the best pokemon of all in it

talking about Snorlax

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 10:40:38 PM »
I want a Charizard.

That is all.

Offline Scyth3r

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 11:49:41 PM »

Originally posted by: SatansNemesis
They had better find a way for me to get Scyther/Scizor...that guy was one bad puppy. In fact, the only reason I'm not buying Ruby/Saphire is because I'm waiting for a version that will have Scyther, maybe an 'Emerald' version will come in a year or so?

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 12:22:12 AM »
I would like a quote or scan or something.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 03:21:10 PM »
http://ultimategamez.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1053680108,55721,

PLEASE let there be a spaceworld this year...

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 05:40:39 PM »
Nintendo doesn't like the cost of putting out its own show. They may have a stuffy news conference. It costs money and time (taken out of the development of games) to make demos for such not to mention the money for the convention center and staff. I think its a mixture TGS and the little press conferences.

I like the considering thing that was added. It seems a waste if they don't because of that new 2nd party. Sigh.....

And about being able to trade with the other games using Pokemon box to trade with the other titles is still a rumor from the articles that I have read.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 05:56:55 PM »
If this is a hoax, then im going to release my fury upon everyone here .... well, mostly everyone.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 06:08:36 PM »
I hope these rumors are true... Nintendo would make so much money off of a MMORPG.  If done right, I'd buy it.  The only thing is that it would be annoying to chat with Poke-crazy 9-year-olds.

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2003, 06:15:50 PM »
If there ever is an MMORPG, I'm going to own Poke-crazy 9-year-olds so badly, that they'll be too afraid to cross my path ever again, let alone initiate conversation.  

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2003, 10:13:01 PM »
I'm glad they realized that we wanted a POKEMON RPG....now all they have to do is realize that we want it Cel-SHADED.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2003, 11:27:10 PM »
yeah use the wind waker engine that would be superific. mmmmmmm celshaded snorlax, awsome.

yes, i belive alot of little kids will ph33r teh older pokemon players like well pretty much everyone here they wont know what hit their level 7 pikachu >=D (a level 100 snorlax mwuahahaha)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2003, 05:19:05 AM »
I could have sworn that the Pokemon Company are CONSIDERING making a Pokemon RPG.  I saw it at Cube-Europe,  http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4576

"Tsunekazu Ishihara of Creatures Inc. who make the Pokémon games said to Degenki that they are considering making a Pokémon RPG."

Ether way just the thought of it makes me happy. It's the Pokemon games that will really sell the GC in Japan. The Stadium games might sell  2-5 million Cubes alone, but I bet a game like this would go from 5-10 million.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2003, 07:37:03 AM »
Waaahhhh!  My SP and copy of Ruby were stolen from my Backpack on Thursday. >_<

A level 90 Blaziken....*cries*

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2003, 12:35:09 PM »
Sorry to spoil everyone's good day, but no one said there would be a SpaceWorld this year. It's not impossible, but it hasn't been anounced either.

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2003, 06:09:50 PM »

Originally posted by: ShockingAlberto

I have no clue what you are talking about.
* Looks left. Looks right. Runs *
Muwahahahahahaha.

How did it get stolen? Did you just leave your backpack in the middle of nowhere ?

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2003, 12:43:18 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that...*Continues playing SP and chuckles*

They should make it so you use your GBA to give commands and move and such, while the TV is basically all a cutscene. Like lets say you walk into a pokemon center, you hit A to talk to her. On the GBA it shows the normal top down view, but on the TV it shows a fully graphical cutscene of you talking to the lady and you handing her your pokeballs. Now imagine, on your GBA screen during a battle you see your pokemon and the other persons pokemon (it gives you the menu) and you select your command with A. The whole time your doing that the TV will be doing dramatic camera angles and showing each characters face tension and the sort. Then lets say you are attacked by Solar Beam, the TV shows a very beautiful attack, but on your gba screen it says a special command that comes up every once and a while like DODGE, you select dodge and counter attack tackle. The TV then shows another cutscene as your character yells out the commands all while the blast is coming towards your pokemon, then the camera does a very dramatic scene showing your pokemon dodge and tackle. You get the point now.

The whole point is to keep the GC from stopping the action, so you can have all the pausing where you give commands, wait, and such on your GBA but the GC will always be showing nice graphical scenes un-cluttered by menus and game mechanics. And if the New Pokemon was Cel-shaded, it would bring it all together.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 01:34:06 PM »

Originally posted by: BoB007

Originally posted by: ShockingAlberto

I have no clue what you are talking about.
* Looks left. Looks right. Runs *
Muwahahahahahaha.

How did it get stolen? Did you just leave your backpack in the middle of nowhere ?

There's the thing.  It could have been taken many ways.  See, I put my SP in the front pocket of my backpack.  That pack has two chambers: one with a hole and one without.  I'm generally quite careful to put my SP in the one without the hole.  However, when I was in History class, I didn't really pay attention to which pocket I put it in.  I didn't check on it during all of 3rd period (watching a movie) and I left the class during 4th to run some errands.  When I came back, I checked my bag and it wasn't there.  I also sit next to one of those pot-smoking rednecks that always wants to play my SP and it seems likely he took it.  However, not knowing whether or not it fell out or whether someone took it, I can't really say anything.

This sucks.  I wonder if there's any way I can get a new one without shelling out $100+.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.