Community Forums > General Chat

Hockey Discussion: The Leafs Would Like To Borrow Taylor Hall's Horseshoe

<< < (3/89) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
You got a point for losing in OT before the introduction of shootouts.

EDIT: The Flyers were losing 2-0 when I turned the game on tonight, but proceeded to score 3 unanswered and win. They aren't as dominant as they were during the 9-0-1 stretch, but they're getting the job done.

apdude:
Sharks game on wed was awsome.  Sharks won 5-2 and it was in convincing fashion.  Douglas Murry was back and in a big way.  He was hitting everything that moved took lots of good shots from the point and even saved a goal in the last minutes.  Good to have him back, after loosing 3 straight without him.  Just shows that the sharks need another quality defencemen to have a little more depth.  Also sat about 10 rows back from the glass and saw ryan clowe beat the crap out of the chicago player (can't remember who).  Chicago is not the same team as a year ago, no scoring depth and they lost there goal crashing presensce when Byfuglin left the team. 

Tonight they play Vancouver.  Ian your team is going down!  uhhh... nevermind....

NWR_insanolord:
I've never seen a ref call goaltender interference because a guy put his hand up, blocking the goalie's vision, but that's how they disallowed what would have been the game winning goal for the Flyers in OT this afternoon, leading to a shootout loss.

fireponrome:
hello people, i follow the oilers and by oilers i mean the edmonton oilers.  i also follow the okc barons of the ahl as much as i can...   the barons games i've listened to this season have been very enjoyable.  the oilers, well, not as much.   

i am a philadelphian and do enjoy the flyers but since i am a direct tv subscriber i do not get to enjoy them visually because we do not get comcast sportsnet philly.   D* and comcast do not get along because of D* having nfl sunday ticket and comcast not having access to that service(see comcast terrestrial loophole for more info)..... shame really but it is in fact my reality so i choose to follow another team and have done so for about four years now.  i'm more or less new to following hockey i must add...  i write more or less because being a philadelphian it's truely hard to escape sports because they are everywhere....oddly enough i remember crying back in 1987 after the flyers lost game seven against the oilers.  hah, i believe i was in third grade if i remember correctly.   how was i supposed to understand that the flyers just lost to one of the greatest hockey squads of all time? 

apdude:
Well it's on tomorrow My Sharks visiting Insanolord's Flyers.  Seeing as how the Sharks had an impressive victory in Detroit, they will probably lose since they have been stuck in win one, lose one mode for the last 10 games or so.  I hope they've turned a corner on this season, but this will be a tough test against the what I feel is the best team in the east.

------------------------

Wow that was a crazy game, 3 on 3 in OT, the puck on the line with 0.0 left... absolutely ridiculous.  The sharks had no right winning that game, they had a good 5 min in the 3rd and some fortunate calls, but that was it.  If the Flyers can improve there PP I think they can win the East.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version