Community Forums > General Chat

Holy Crap! *New Tech/Gadget Thread*

<< < (4/123) > >>

Stogi:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16891-innovation-the-mobile-future-of-the-keyboard.html

Here's an interesting article about the future of mobile texting.

EasyCure:

--- Quote from: Kashogi Y. Stogi on June 23, 2009, 01:09:05 PM ---http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16891-innovation-the-mobile-future-of-the-keyboard.html

Here's an interesting article about the future of mobile texting.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna have to check out the ShapeWriter, if its available on my phone yet that is. According to the article it should be available for the Adroid OS so it has to be.

The craziest part was this:

--- Quote ---We reported last year on the first "voiceless phone call", placed using a neckband that makes it possible for someone to think words and have a computer read or type them out. The device detects and translates nerve signals sent by the brain to the vocal cords when we merely think about speaking a sound.
--- End quote ---

That'd be bad ass actually, assuming that if it ever does appear on the market, its not to fugly. I can image something like that becoming popular with the youth crowd (the type of kids that are in love with their t-mobile sidekicks) and being sold as fashionable accessories... which would suck for me lol. Something discreet that could possibly clip to your shirt collar would be nice. Though i'd hope it still requires to be activated by some means.. say hold down a button on your phone THEN think of what you wanna say. You might end up sending your thoughts out to the wrong people otherwise lol

UltimatePartyBear:
Combine those throat mounted sensors with the scouter style wearable computer I've wanted for years, and people will really start looking like the Borg -- only with fashion sense.

EasyCure:
So this ShapeWriter[/ur] thing isn't available on the Android Market yet.. damn!

I'm curious to see if drawing lines over an on-screen qwerty keyboard is any easier than the "search and peck" method. It sure doesnt look it..

kraken613:
Firefox 3.5 is now out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version