NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Metroid Dread (Switch) Review

<< < (2/2)

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: daiko on October 15, 2021, 12:48:16 PM ---Free aim and button combos are clumsy on the tiny joy con controls.

--- End quote ---

You could play on another controller. You have all sorts of choices.

archaic20:
You so do not get the screw attack at the beginning of the game.  Just use the pro controller!  You can block the E.M.M.I. attacks with practice, but it is still difficult.  It needs to be difficult!  As you are to.    wait for it.   .. Dread them.

Amazing game all around!

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: daiko on October 15, 2021, 12:48:16 PM ---Absolutely terrible review. Couldn't think of a single con!!!!??? Here: Dread's progression is sloppy. Spin boost then space jump 30 mins later. Screw attack comes before bombs and breaks the game. Boss design in the 2nd half is straight out of Hollow Knight, but with poor balancing and dated QTEs. Free aim and button combos are clumsy on the tiny joy con controls. Outside the EMMis, these last two points are the only areas of innovation in dread and not up to the standard I expect from the first Metroid made for home consoles and AAA sensibilities in a long time. This is basically a fluff piece.

--- End quote ---

Having now played and beat Dread on Normal and Hard under 4 hours both ways, I still think about this comment and how utterly stupid it is. Clearly this person hasn't played Dread and is just making stuff up. Which makes me wonder why they are so worked up over the review score of a game they obviously haven't played or know anything about. Like, what's it matter to them they had to come here and spout nonsense. (Although their point about the joy-cons could be true. I used a Pro Controller when playing.) Just makes you shake your head at how some people have nothing worthwhile going on in their lives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version