Author Topic: Bye Bye Gamecube  (Read 20240 times)

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »
the replys made by most here  make me ashamed to own a gamecube.

i can not believe how one sided and full of yourselves the majority here are.

so he wants a PS2 , big deal. why freak out on him? why not sit back and pull your damn panties out of your ass and  get over it.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2003, 08:20:32 AM »
For all you people going "omg we have GC fanboyz rhar," I can't beleive you didn't expect that.

My beef with teh_kid is that he acts like it's a surprise he doesn't like it, and then he uses this to slam the 'Cube and pretend he has valid reasons for it.

"OMG CUBE NO HAEVS TEHR ONLEIN!>!:!"!"!  It took you this long to figure it out?  Don't buy the system, cry when it doesn't go online, and then bash it.  I'd like to think people were smart enough to foresee such things, what with NIntendo repeatedly saying they will not go online because the costs are insane, but then again, the majority of people are morons, so oh well for that.

"PS2 SBEGAHTATAR LIGHENUPE!"  Ok.  So you like the PS2 lineup more, but you still got a Gamecube?  K.  Makes sense to me.  No, really, it does.  This guy is obviously the heart of logical thought.

"GC games aren't up to my expectations."  This is the really only valid remark that can't be argued, but the same logic shold apply to me also.  SOCOM.  Wow, like I said in the other topic, beause there haven't been enough online war-themed FPS games with team based combat and tactical squad centric strategy.  And they certainly haven't been around for the last 3 years, and there certainly has NOT been voice support....and I'd keep going with this analogy but I think it has made its point.

It's one thing to dislike the GC and to dislike the crop of games and to be dissapointed.  It's another to start saying "Yes, well, I don't like the GC's lineup so therefore it sucks.  I know, I shold try and perpetuate this opinion of mine to a group of people in an online forum, because then I'll be super cool."

THe problem with this thread is that 'KiD obviously doesn't know the difference.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Big_Pimp

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2003, 03:19:40 PM »
All of you need to ralax.  Just because he sold his Cube some of you get all defensive.  Let em enjoy his PS2, none of you have any control what so ever over his decesion.  This doesnt mean he cant enjoy Nintendo games anymore, he could always borrow them from friends or family, besides he has a GBA, so he isnt a Sony fanboy.  So you all need to chill out, especially Termin8 and Cube, your responses reek of Nintendo Fanboyism, so dont be hatin!!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2003, 03:25:06 PM »
Guys, didn't I tell ya to take it easy on him?  *sigh*

He doesn't like his GameCube.  There's nothing wrong with that, and although many of us will strongly disagree with him, there's no reason to flame him for it.  Please, let's just act like adults ok?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2003, 03:25:40 PM »
That's nice.

Offline GameCuberZ

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2003, 03:27:35 PM »
So you will regret it if the Cube does go online? That's a shame.

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2003, 03:35:14 PM »

TextAm I the only person who think's Cube323's posts are consistently attacks against people and other companies that aren't Nintendo? I mean, he's fine flaming PS2 fanboys for their difference of opinion, but I wonder if he can see that he's also a blind fanboy... Big deal, he doesn't like Nintendo any more, get over it. It's not like it affects you in any way.

Bobby b, you really are an idiot.  I'm not a fanboy as you so arrogantly assume.  I just hate $ony.  I own almost every console in existance.  Still, $ony's way of doing things rubs me the wrong way and I think their influence on the game industry has been EXTREMELY destructive. (They only care about money, not quality.  They flood the market with rip-offs (Dark Cloud) and bad sequels, etc..)

You see Bobby B, this is a Nintendo board.  You may not have realized that.  But once you pull your head out of your a$$ you might see the truth.  I'm here to talk about Nintendo, not $ony.  Every post you have placed in these fourms for the past several months has been nothing more than you kissing $ony's ass.  It's true.  I truthfully think your are nothing more than a $ony nazi, or a $ony publicist.  If you can believe it, $ony's publicity dept actually does monitor the traffic on websites just like these.  You see $ony/Big Brother wants to control everything we say and think.  In reviewing all of Bobby.B's posts, all I can say is this, if you love $ony so much, why don't you chat in a $ony forum?!

Anyway, now that I'm done with the boards resident $ony plant I can get to my real point.  This thread was always intended to be FLAME BAIT!  Nothing more!  This thread should have been locked from the first post.  This kid/punk never even owned a GameCube!  Why is it when someone posts flamebait on a rival company the thread is closed immeadiately, yet when someone obviously posts anti-Nintendo FlameBait, the thread is allowed to stand?  

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2003, 05:03:44 PM »
KiD, enjoy your PS2.  

And don't end up like CubedCanuck, our resident Cube hater.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2003, 05:26:34 PM »
Cube323 is gone.  Over-the-top flaming and deliberately using ways to get around the language censor.  As for the thread.  It's flamebait, and it's gone.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
Why has no one told me about NintendoKiD until now? What an idiot! Man, people just didn't understand the power of the GameCube when it came out. The reason they were so cheap is that you were supposed to buy two of them to harness its true potential. Nintendo finally had to duct tape two of them together and then people finally got it and the system sold like gangbusters printing money for Nintendo for the rest of the decade. Former NintendoKiD Report probably thought he was making an edgy statement that GameCube is for girls by giving it to his sister but I bet she had the last laugh like everyone predicted provided she was able to get her hands on a second one to make her own Wii.

I feel like this story needs some follow up. Perhaps a journey to track down NintendoKiD is in order.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Rodney Dangerfield

• gets no respect.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
Don't let these users get you down, NintendoKiD. I know how you're feeling. I tell you, when I was a kid, I got no respect. No respect at ALL, ya know... There was a time I was lost on a beach. And a cop had to help me look for my parents. I said ta the cop, "Do you think we'll find them?" He said, "I don't know, kid. There's so many places they could hide."

When I was kid, my old man, he didn't help either, ya know... There was a time I asked my old man if I could go ice skating on a lake. He told me to wait 'til it gets warmer. Just no respect.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:27:02 PM by Rodney Dangerfield »
It's not easy bein' me!

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »
Holy **** I remember this thread...

I can't find my car keys but I remember this thread.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Bumpasaurus Rex!

Nintendokid probably worked for Sony and was paid to make Nintendo look bad on as many forums as possible.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:39:37 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
Bumpasaurus Rex!

Nintendokid probably worked for Sony and was paid to make Nintendo look bad on as many forums as possible.

Clearly he is the reason that the GCN lost the war.

Well played Nintendokid.

Well played indeed.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 01:30:02 PM »
I didn't check the date on this at first... was about to be impressed he was still able to sell his Nintendo 64 to Gamestop.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 02:52:52 AM »
With Rancid Planet, Arbok and Rodney Dangerfield posting, this thread has shown me that even though we may not see a lot of the famous residents and posters of the past making many comments here, these users are still around and haven't necessarily abandoned us. They're mainly just lurking now. But knowing they're still around and out there and checking in from time to time is some solace.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »
I didn't check the date on this at first... was about to be impressed he was still able to sell his Nintendo 64 to Gamestop.
Actually, GameStop has gotten into selling retro stuff now, though I dunno if you can trade it in any store or just specific ones.

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles/nintendo-64-system/122934

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2018, 12:24:16 AM »
With Rancid Planet, Arbok and Rodney Dangerfield posting, this thread has shown me that even though we may not see a lot of the famous residents and posters of the past making many comments here, these users are still around and haven't necessarily abandoned us. They're mainly just lurking now. But knowing they're still around and out there and checking in from time to time is some solace.

I've def been lurking more lately. But yeah I'm always around brother. Once you find the best nintendo fansite and the only group of real Nintendo fan boys you'd ever want to hear from, you don't forget it.

Everytime a major story develops I always check the main page here first. So I can read what Ian Sane has to say about it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2018, 12:36:12 AM »
Everytime a major story develops I always check the main page here first. So I can read what Ian Sane has to say about it.

Hahaha. Gotta immediately find out what the dissenting opinion on the news will be, huh?

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2018, 03:15:48 AM »

Hahaha. Gotta immediately find out what the dissenting opinion on the news will be, huh?

Of course lol.

Back on subject a bit. These old GCN threads are just fantastic. I've been reading through a lot of them.

God I was such a try too hard douche nozzle poster 15 years ago...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
God I was such a try too hard douche nozzle poster 15 years ago...
Who wasn't? It's all part of growing up, it seems.

Offline Rancid Planet

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2018, 05:09:38 AM »
It just kills me...

Anyway, I recently hooked the Cube back up. Mostly to play Rogue Squadran but I also noticed my copy of Simpsons Road Rage was missing.

Big deal right? It's just a Simpson's themed Crazy Taxi rip off but damn it I LOVED that game. Its one of those games I could play to just zone out and relax. So I got myself a new copy and I've been going back through it after easily a decade and I still have the same experience.

It's just a great game and well worth the 20 bucks for the GCN copy I found on Amazon.

God bless Prime.

And God bless the comfortable as hell GCN controller. It makes those 4 hour sessions of THPS 4 or whatever not such a hand crampy process.

In terms of comfortability, still my number one controller.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2018, 09:26:25 AM »
GameCube controller (especially the Wavebird) will always be the best controller - with the caveat that the game needs to be designed for it. But as far as comfort, nothing else comes close.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2018, 08:21:58 PM »
I actually have Simpsons Road Rage too. It added some much needed personality to the Crazy Taxi formula.

While it isn't quite my number one, I'm a fan of the GameCube controller as well. I'm glad I can use it with Switch, though it can be tough to find games that don't need its missing functions and not being able to use the home or capture buttons is a bit of a bummer.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »
I miss PIAC :(

Also I sold my Gamecube and games last week for $400 or so. Probably got a better deal than NintendoTROLL.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.