Author Topic: Luigi's Ridin' Dirty  (Read 9789 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Luigi's Ridin' Dirty
« on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:37 PM »
So all over the internet I've been seeing this new "Luigi Death Stare" meme that features Luigi glaring menacingly at other racers. The slow-mo videos are usually set to Chamillionaire's "Ridin' Dirty" rap song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eNODCDdqY
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:14:58 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi's Ridin' Dirty
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »
a testament to the craftmanship of this game
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
And the sad flip side to this:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-begins-mario-kart-8-youtube-video-claims/0133463

Granted, this is consistent with existing known policy, but it does sour things a bit.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »
Clearly this absolutely 100% warrents it's very own thread and every single image on the internet should be given it's own thread.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
Luigi is so evil. Straight stunt'n at the end too.

I'm gonna have to go open my copy soon and see who is online.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:59:40 PM »

Let me know, I'll join you. I picked up my copy for the free download but don't plan to play any time soon, unless I have some friends over this weekend.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:18 AM »

Let me know, I'll join you. I picked up my copy for the free download but don't plan to play any time soon, unless I have some friends over this weekend.

Awww, I just shut it off about 20 minutes ago, wish I saw this... but I needed to practice before I embarrass myself online. I'm not in competitive shape yet, still having some controller issues that I need to figure out (random breaking... think my fingers are too big for the tiny little buttons on the GP, so I've switched to pushing up on the stick instead), and still getting a feel for how the game chooses to cheat so I know what to look out for.

Almost there. Might jump online tomorrow evening or Friday nite though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 01:49:20 AM »
Get a Pro Controller like true gangsters use. Y to accelerate, B to break (works the same on the Gamepad though).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 01:56:07 AM »
Yeah, I think I might. Problem I was having today is that I holding down A to accelerate, and I'm holding onto a top 3 spot just barely, and then all of a sudden the cart is slowing down and everyone is passing and now it's too late to catch up. After the 4th or 5th time was when I realized that my thumb was also barely touching the B button, so I tried switching to the 2nd joystick for acceleration instead. Only did one race that way, but I think I'll be ready to not completely embarrass myself before the weekend is over.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:57:39 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 06:39:22 PM »
The gifs are probably the best thing about this game.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »

Not the gorgeous graphics, insane attention to detail, and overall fun gameplay?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 06:56:24 PM »

Not the gorgeous graphics, insane attention to detail, and overall fun gameplay?
apparently none of those warranted their own useless tendoboy thread to clog up my unread topics, so I dunno

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
This was on Fox news. Is that a testament to the game or an indictment of Fox News? Either way gotta love those gifts.

The above spelling auto- corrections were brought to you today by the Google Corporation of America.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:26:15 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
This was on Fox news. Is that a testament to the game or an indictment of Fox News? Either way gotta love those gifts.

The above spelling auto- corrections were brought to you today by the Google Corporation of America.

A local news channel using the FOX name is not the real FOX news...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »

A local news channel using the FOX name is not the real FOX news...

No. This is the real Fox News!

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 07:04:47 PM »
right roy koopa is just the jackass of the group in the koopalings, I mean look at this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 02:47:54 AM »
I can't find a thread on it, so I'm putting this here.

I just played Super Luigi U for the first time.... **** THIS GAME.
Why do you slip and slide EVERYWHERE!? Why do you not jump when I press A!?
WTF is wrong with this game.... and why can't I play multiplayer using the GamePad!!!??

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
You can't play multiplayer using the gamepad? Odd. Can you at least use pro controllers or the old classic controllers? I have the game but have yet to jump into it because I have not finished NSMBU. Why are the physics so different?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »
I've only played it (and mainly multiplayer) a couple times, but I'm fairly certain I used the GamePad. It's just a mod of NSMBU after all.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »
We tried. The GamePad in multiplayer would only work as an assistant tool. I could not control the character on screen or select a second one. Maybe we selected something incorrectly on the start screen, I don't remember, but the bigger problem was the controls in general.
I know this is an expansion pack, but my gawd every surface is like ice and multiple jumps are delayed and it's frustrating and annoying.
It got to the point where I just set the controller down walked away.

**** you Luigi and your New Super U
I will eventually beat this game just like the original. It's all the same levels, now with much shorter time limits and fucked off controls.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 01:20:03 PM »
Did you not play Luigi in the Galaxy games? Same idea there. Luigi slips and slides all over there too. I found it funny that in the Year of Luigi playing as him in Super Mario Galaxy just made me hate him. I think it's a dumb way to add a challange factor. How can we make the game more challenging? Bork a character's movements.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
But it was Luigi and toad. everyone was sliding on ice. it was bullshit.
artificial challenge indeed.

Why not just add extra or new enemies & obstacles, or change the levels completely. Nope. lets make EVERY surface ice.... and make the jump button almost non-responsive too. That will increase the challenge. Everyone will LOVE that.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »
I don't think you can play nsmbu with the Classic Controller tbh.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
But it was Luigi and toad. everyone was sliding on ice. it was bullshit.
artificial challenge indeed.

Why not just add extra or new enemies & obstacles, or change the levels completely. Nope. lets make EVERY surface ice.... and make the jump button almost non-responsive too. That will increase the challenge. Everyone will LOVE that.

Nice to see we got a casual who's never played the original Japanese Super Mario Bros 2.  That's the whole point of Luigi, he sacrifices his movement controls in favor of higher jumping.  That's what they even advertised that this game was based off of when it was released, the original Japanese version of Bros 2, which was just a harder version of one.

Luigi's suppose to be the harder version to control but once you get good as playing him, he's actually the best character to use.  Same thing in the Galaxy games, Luigi ends up making the levels even easier to play since his higher jumping skills allow for more shortcuts then Mario.

See, Luigi is designed for the more hardcore players because his slipperiness only becomes a problem when you're constantly stopping.  To a hardcore Mario player though, they're constantly running through the stages which makes Luigi's sliding a non-factor since they're hardly ever stopping.  Hell, one of the final secret levels of New Super Luigi is designed around this entire factor where if the player stops running at any point you'll pretty much be unable to finish it.

And if you're jump button isn't responding, that's your controllers problem, not the game.  I 100% New Super Luigi just fine and never had a delay when I hit the jump button. 
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
my new Pro controller, that worked just fine in MK8, my Wiimotes that work just fine in every other game I've used them with over the years, and I have a jumping problem in NSLU and it must be my controllers...?
I will admit that I am a little rusty on the NSMB games, but jumps were either delayed or just not happening (due to being in a slide?). It became pretty frustrating very quickly.

and I know Luigi is more floaty, but everything is ICE. This is not usual Luigi physics. I am very familiar with SMB2, and the Japanese version as well as I have and beat both of them. I have also used Luigi in NSMB/ NSMB Wii/NSMB 2/NSMB U and in none of those does he slide around completely off platforms as if they are ICE.

and I find it hilarious that I'm being called a casual.
I may not play as often as I used to, but I can handle any Mario game like a veteran.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:03:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »