Author Topic: What makes 2003 a big year for Nintendo?  (Read 10925 times)

Offline dolphin558

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
What makes 2003 a big year for Nintendo?
« on: February 08, 2003, 04:09:26 PM »
I count 5 big reasons

Star Fox
F-Zero
Zelda: WW
Mario
Mario Kart

Anymore?
Jesus is Lord, faith in Him = only access to heaven

Offline Ikaruga

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 04:12:07 PM »
Factor 5's games.  

Offline dolphin558

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 04:19:07 PM »
What games are those?  Rogue Squadron 2?
Jesus is Lord, faith in Him = only access to heaven

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 04:25:19 PM »
I know this year it'll be huge for us Cube owners, but there's one particular game I'm sooo looking forward to: Too Human.
I really hope we get to know more of it at this year's E3. Anyone else is excited about it?

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 04:27:33 PM »

Originally posted by: dolphin558
What games are those?  Rogue Squadron 2?

Actually that WOULD be Rogue Squadron 3, seeing as how 2 came out near GCN launch.

Offline Ikaruga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 04:32:10 PM »
I don't think it will be a Star Wars game, if it was RS3, it would likely that the game is finished by now. RS2 took around 9 months to make.

I'm hoping to see Thornado, which will be their first original game in a very long time.  

Offline o0O MeaN O0o

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 04:39:45 PM »
I'm also looking forward : (besides Star Fox, F-Zero, Zelda: WW, Mario and Mario Kart)

Zelda OoT/URA
Ikaruga
Splinter Cell
Burnout 2
SOUL CALIBUR 2 !!!!!!!!!!
Colin McRae 3
Driver 3
Automodellista (if it really comes out)
ONLINE GAMES SHOWN ON E3 (watch...)

That's about 15 games in the next 10 months which is roughly about 1 game every 20 days NOT including the ones I'll rent because I don't feel like paying $50 for some titles. Starting next month... it'll be non-stop gaming.

Signature:
(max 255 characters)

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 06:08:24 PM »
I'll give you a list of games that are worth keeping an eye out for... counting released games... and not counting games not already announced . Please understand that some games may not release in 2003...
BTW, I'm not sure whether or not F-Zero and Star Fox count as first or 3rd party seeing that they are published by Nintendo and are Nintendo licenses but at the same time being developed by 3rd parties... so I'll just go with the developer. In other words... Tube Slider goes under first party seeing that NDCube is developing it. I'll let you guys gauge your own interest, but anyone who's not even remotely interested in Ikaruga shall feel my WRATH! Well... if I had administrator priviledges... (DOH!)

First Party
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Wario World
1080ΒΊ Avalanche
Roll-o-Rama
Mario Kart
Tube Slider
Pokémon

Third Party Exclusives
F-Zero GC
Star Fox Armada
Ikaruga
Mega Man Network Transmission
P.N. 03
Viewtiful Joe
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Sonic Adventure DX

Third Party Multi-Platform
Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc (exclusive GCN/GBA connectability feature)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Splinter Cell
Soul Calibur 2
Project BG&E
True Crime: Streets of L.A.
Starcraft: Ghost
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
NBA Street Vol. 2

Rumored
Mario 128
Pikmin 2
Animal Crossing 2
Factor 5 game
HAL Laboratories game

P.S. In case anyone is wondering why I left out Too Human... let's just say I'm not so sure that it may be releasing by the end of the year... possible... but I want to wait until E3 before I hold judgement.    

Offline willys85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 06:18:59 PM »
It could be a great year of Konami decides to bring Winning Eleven FE to GC in America, and if they bring a new Metal Gear for GameCube, this could be the best year in my all life, but this year could be great too if Squaresoft brings FFXII and if the companies decides to create new games for gamecube in the same date that the others consoles and not more ports (please  i want something new) and if Nintendo really gives a good online strategy this could be the best year in the history of Nintendo  
So Your God fell in Love with the War, Well He is Only Your God

Offline Mike C

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 08:59:06 PM »
Definitely the prospect of online versions of Mario Kart, Golf and Tennis (and others?).  Zelda of course and maybe Retro can fire out a quick Metroid game?
Always There.

Offline Zorro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2003, 09:27:47 PM »
Hey guys, you forgot that me and some other poor suckers in europe are still waiting for metroid prime
Anyhow, Zelda:Wind Waker is going to be nintendos biggest release of the year.
I don't think Zelda ever got the hype it deserved in japan, and sold worse then mario party 4. In this case i actually think americans and europeans have a larger brain, and will actually appreciate the games greatness.  

Offline GodZilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 12:49:29 AM »
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life!

Im also really interested in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, had it on the SNES and it was really fun.
You god damn better believe it!

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2003, 12:51:38 AM »
Sky, since when are Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life & NBA Street Vol. 2 third party exclusives, aren't they multiplatform?
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2003, 01:06:23 AM »
Last I heard, the new Harvest Moon game was staying on GameCube.  Could be wrong though.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2003, 05:46:16 AM »
Mario 128, Pikmin 2, and Animal Crossing 2 have all been confirmed by Shigeru Miyamoto in interviews and such (check IGN for proof). Factor 5 is working on a game (not Thornado, that is cancelled), and Silicon Knights is actually working on more than one game, but the only one we know of is Too Human.

Nintendo's 6 developers and their 2003 games (off the top of my head):

NST - 1080: Avalanche
Silicon Knights - Too Human, unannounced game
Retro Studios - Metroid 6 (tentative title of course, also probably not till 2004)
Intelligent Systems - no known GCN games, GIVE US CUBE WARS!!!!!!
HAL Labs - no known GCN, hopefully Smash bros online or 3
EAD - Zelda, Donkey Kong Racing, Mario Kart, Pikmin 2, Animal Crossing 2, Mario 128
Also one of the above is working on a pokemon game, if its Stadium then it's HAL but if not who knows, probably EAD

2nd party games:
NDCube - Tube Slider

3rd party Nintendo games
Treasure - Wario World
Amusement Vision - F-Zero
Namco - Star Fox Armada

3rd party exclusive
Capcom - PN03, Dead Phoenix, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe (RE4 not until 2004)
SEGA - Sonic Adventure DX

Ok i gotta go know but those are all from the top of my head there are more.

The biggest games are without a doubt Zelda, F-Zero, Too Human, Animal Crossing 2, Star Fox Armada, Mario Kart....of course many more will be released. Oh and am I the only one tired of Sonic Team's crap? We get pretty much exclusive Sonic Team stuff and they give us old junk. What's up with that. I want a new sonic game, with only high speed classic action, no digging or shooting junk....

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 07:32:09 AM »
i thought the capcom five (except for RE4) werent officially exclusive to GC.
Deftones own.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2003, 08:17:51 AM »
No they are not exclusive, but definetely temporarily exclusive it seems(not by contract but timewise).
I still wouldnt outrule the possibility of Nintendo securing these games exclusive, after all, with all the Nintendo investing in Capcom rumors and the things that recently happened almost anything except Halo 2 on GCN is possible.
LZ 2005

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2003, 09:20:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Nintendo
Sky, since when are Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life & NBA Street Vol. 2 third party exclusives, aren't they multiplatform?

Uh... oops

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is exclusive though

NBA Street Vol. 2 I forgot on my first run and went to edit. Looks like I put it under the wrong one accidentally. My bad

Originally posted by: Gamefreak
Mario 128, Pikmin 2, and Animal Crossing 2 have all been confirmed by Shigeru Miyamoto in interviews and such (check IGN for proof). Factor 5 is working on a game (not Thornado, that is cancelled), and Silicon Knights is actually working on more than one game, but the only one we know of is Too Human.

We don't have them on a 2003 schedule yet

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2003, 07:36:46 AM »
"I'm not sure whether or not F-Zero and Star Fox count as first or 3rd party seeing that they are published by Nintendo and are Nintendo licenses but at the same time being developed by 3rd parties... so I'll just go with the developer. In other words... Tube Slider goes under first party seeing that NDCube is developing it."

F-Zero and Star Fox are published by Nintendo so they're definitely not third party.  Though they're not really second party or first party either since neither Nintendo or a second party are making them.  I'd lump them with first party just because they're Nintendo franchises and are obviously exclusive.  As far as I know Tube Slider is not published by Nintendo (isn't it NEC) so it's a third party game.

Zelda and the GB Player are the big Gamecube releases for 2003 for me.  Everything else is just a nice bonus.  I'll wait until E3 before declaring 2003 as the "BEST YEAR YET" or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is Gamecube exclusive as it interfaces with the GBA version.  The Harvest Moon series isn't exclusive but so far I think every specific Harvest Moon game has been exclusive for it's system.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2003, 08:03:10 AM »
2003 is the best year yet, no discussion about it, btw, im very drunk so dont take me serousoly. My brother just gradutated so i drunk like a madman
LZ 2005

Offline sycomonkey

• View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2003, 08:22:15 AM »
Zelda and Mario Kart are about all that's looking good this year...  Though I'm extremely interested in seeing what Unity is all about.
I find the lack of sig images annoying. I have this nice image I use as my sig in all my other forums and I can't use it here.  So instead I'll just complain...

The universe will not be altered by forum threads, even those which are very wry. --Tycho Brahe (Penny Arcade)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2003, 09:14:45 AM »
i'm still waiting for Zoonami's Game Zero...i hope the hype comes through
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2003, 10:17:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill
i'm still waiting for Zoonami's Game Zero...i hope the hype comes through

That game has hype? I sure missed it
The only hype coming for that game happens to be the hype that some followers are generating for themselves... this is soooo going to be a sleeper.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2003, 10:41:10 AM »

That game has hype? I sure missed it
The only hype coming for that game happens to be the hype that some followers are generating for themselves... this is soooo going to be a sleeper.

MY hype!  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline dalmation10k

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2003, 02:46:49 PM »
There's Giftpia aswell. And yeah, Unity could turn out to be very cool.
Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?