Author Topic: Tales of Graces  (Read 18094 times)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Graces
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
I'm boiling with fury at the news.
Pro Daisy boiling in fury?

Quick, everyone take cover!
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »
http://tog.namco-ch.net/asx/pv_1m02.asx

LITE ME FIRE, RE-HEATING FROM LUKEWARM TO BOIL

That is the latest trailer for Tales of Loli.

1.  This new sidestep thing apparently breaks multiplayer.  How retarded.  I'll just sidestep around and screw with everyone's camera [control stick] angle.
2.  Apparently there's no free-roam, making sidestepping (and some button-based lock-on) a retarded way to maneuver and pick your fights among a crowd of enemies.
3.  Every damn hit looks flashy.  Visually, it's nice.  Practically, is it drawing too much **** on the screen that regular moves create too much visual distraction?
4.  Good that the humongoid overworld is implemented, bad that everything is non-celshaded like the PS2 failures.
5.  Loli fights like Marta.  That is a plus, since Marta is probably the best-playing Tales character ever.
6.  Loli has long arching piggy tails, that remind everyone of Presea.
7.  Loli is 13, making her a true Loli unlike Presea, to everyone's sick delight.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/180/180648/

Namco has apparently increased the graphics budget for the game.  Not only does it have the "hardly cel-shaded" look from their previous low-budget efforts, they've learned how to apply deeper, richer colors using Wii's next generation hardware, and add self-shadowing to the characters.

Still have no damn clue how broken the multiplayer is due to the awful sidestep mechanic.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 03:26:24 PM »
http://tog.namco-ch.net/asx/pv_1m02.asx

LITE ME FIRE, RE-HEATING FROM LUKEWARM TO BOIL

That is the latest trailer for Tales of Loli.

1.  This new sidestep thing apparently breaks multiplayer.  How retarded.  I'll just sidestep around and screw with everyone's camera [control stick] angle.
2.  Apparently there's no free-roam, making sidestepping (and some button-based lock-on) a retarded way to maneuver and pick your fights among a crowd of enemies.
3.  Every damn hit looks flashy.  Visually, it's nice.  Practically, is it drawing too much **** on the screen that regular moves create too much visual distraction?
4.  Good that the humongoid overworld is implemented, bad that everything is non-celshaded like the PS2 failures.
5.  Loli fights like Marta.  That is a plus, since Marta is probably the best-playing Tales character ever.
6.  Loli has long arching piggy tails, that remind everyone of Presea.
7.  Loli is 13, making her a true Loli unlike Presea, to everyone's sick delight.

Man, that trailer has absolutely horrid Buffer times.  I can't get through 4 seconds of it without it needing to spend 5 second buffering.

From the look of the stuff you listed there and what I could see of the trailer, it looks like this game will play very similarly to Symphonia 1.  To me at least, that's a good thing.  While I still think this game should be truly cel-shaded, it does look dramatically better than Dawn of the New World did.  I guess that's what happens when Namco-Bandai are actually trying to make a good Tales game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »
I think all the 3D ones have played very similarly to Symphonia 1 (the Smash Bros. approach), there's no way to escape it.  The differences have been in how they refine the mechanics and responsiveness of the supporting characters.  Lloyd, being the swordy main guy, was very responsive and animated quickly and combos strung well.  Everyone else felt like an afterthought.  The returning characters in Dawn controlled noticeably better, but not quite like Emil & Marta.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
Maxi, i linked that already.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
Still no word on an English release for Tales of Graces in the US, but in Japan the title is now coming to the PS3 in the Fall under the name "Tales of Graces F".  Considering we still don't have the PS3 port of Vesperia in the US, I wouldn't expect this version of Graces to cross over either.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
namco, eat ****

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »
Looks like ningurl has lost it.  Time to call the men in white coates.

*reaches for phone.*

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
NO! NOT HERE
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:05:39 PM by Crimm »

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »
Do not reference that site on this message board. It's the Thunderdome and I'm Mel Gibson (minus the antisemitism and domestic abuse).
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
LOL it's nice to NinGurl69 still visits though, recall he was a big fan of ToS 2 on the WII.  While I disagree with him about that game, I'll have to agree with him about Namco though. 

There's most likely not going be an official translation to the states but a few fans are working on an unofficial rom translation--similar to Tales of Innocence DS. 

Not really fond of "privating" but I'll end getting the rom and I'll end up buying an official Japanese version of it as well.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »
I did actually like ToS 2 for what it was. The decision to only have two characters (until the mass exodus of ToS characters, but still it was THEIR story) was rather unique for a jRPG. I think it helped cover the blemishes of a story whose slogan was "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »
Rumor speading again, back in dec 2010 that they are indeed localizing an Amercian release and so far this wasn't shot down from the official forum admin like they did last time in Jan 10' so maybe there's hope.   Rumor was it's still coming (a year+ late) in NA at a reduce cost of $40 plus you'll be getting the F version which was an PS3 exclusive.  I'll give it a few more months, if we don't hear anything about it by May then I doubt it ever will be.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
Rumor speading again, back in dec 2010 that they are indeed localizing an Amercian release and so far this wasn't shot down from the official forum admin like they did last time in Jan 10' so maybe there's hope.   Rumor was it's still coming (a year+ late) in NA at a reduce cost of $40 plus you'll be getting the F version which was an PS3 exclusive.  I'll give it a few more months, if we don't hear anything about it by May then I doubt it ever will be.

Where did you see that?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
Tales of Graces F, the PS3 port, has been announced for North America.  Interesting, though I would have prefered the PS3 port of Vesperia.  I played a bit of the Graces F Japanese demo, and found it kind of underwhelming.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2011, 07:29:08 PM »
That's pretty vague, the page doesn't even say which system it's coming to. Somehow I doubt it's for Wii.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
That's pretty vague, the page doesn't even say which system it's coming to. Somehow I doubt it's for Wii.

Tales of Graces F was a PS3-exclusive port of the original Wii game.  I agree that the release date is vague, but there's no doubt what platform the game will belong to when it comes over here (unless Namco-Bandai decides to port the game to the 360 for its Western release as well).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:26:35 PM by broodwars »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »
I hope they do, the PS3 is the one system I don't have.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 01:49:47 AM »
There's a new date for the NA release, 1st Quarter 2012.  Damn, it's still a long ways off but it's better than nothing and hopefully we at least get all the New DLC content as a free bonus for waiting that long.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:06 AM »
There's a new date for the NA release, 1st Quarter 2012.  Damn, it's still a long ways off but it's better than nothing and hopefully we at least get all the New DLC content as a free bonus for waiting that long.

You realize that this is going to be the PS3 version of the game, right?  Because it's "Tales of Graces F" (the PS3 port), not "Tales of Graces" (the Wii original).