Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Developers Conference  (Read 3699 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Nintendo 3DS Developers Conference
« on: May 10, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »
https://www.warioworld.com/2011nintendo3dscon/

Nintendo 3DS Developer Conference

WHEN:
May 17th, 2011

WHERE:
W Hotel
6250 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood Ca

WHO:
Target audience is Producers, Designers, key decision makers regarding game features, and project green lights. This will not be a technical conference. The target audience will not be programmers or marketing teams.

TOPICS:

The Nintendo 3DS provides the most connections and distribution opportunities of any system Nintendo has launched. We will be discussing the various methods of content/messaging distribution the device has to offer, and how your products can leverage each of them. The Nintendo 3DS system allows you to reach your audience everywhere they go using online, (wireless broadband connection) and peer to peer through 80211 based local wireless communications. The event will also cover the features native to the system that will drive its use, and provide new ways to surprise and entertain. Features covered in the presentation will include:

Nintendo 3DS's new e-Shop
Out of House Distribution (Nintendo Zone viewer)
Apps
Online Matchmaking
Internet Connectivity
Friend Presence
Digital Distribution

Local Wireless
Street Pass TM
Multi-player

Native System features
AR Functions
Anti-piracy
Tools/Middleware update
Project Sheet

Reception to follow

Looks like this is Nintendo reaching out to devs to get some software flowing on 3DS prior to E3

2 new things mentioned here too:
Nintendo Zone & Friend Presence

& did we know that the 3DS will be having Apps?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:00:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Developers Conference
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »
What are the odds the eShop goes live to coincide with this?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:44:33 AM »
Oh man, that's like around the corner from my daughter's pre-school.  I wonder if I'll get streetpasses if I just drive by after dropping her off....
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:50:32 AM »
Oh man, that's like around the corner from my daughter's pre-school.  I wonder if I'll get streetpasses if I just drive by after dropping her off....

I know someone who's going and they offered to bring my 3DS in and let it catch Streetpasss. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:40:31 AM »
What are the odds the eShop goes live to coincide with this?

Nonexistant, apparently. It'll go live Day 1 of E3.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/12/3ds_firmware_update/
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »
(sort of....)

I know that the eShop update isn't supposed happen till end of may, but does anyone think it's possible that it will be delayed by about a week or so so that is can be launched at E3 instead?

Launched during the E3 conference actually, right after they detail the updates and kick it off with the 3DS portion of the conference being streamed in 3D to the 3DS.

I would assume that the press and industry officials would already know to bring their 3DS's to the Nintendo conference and that Nintendo might have mentioned that to them in their conference invite.

And it would make sense for them to bring it with them because that is the only way to portray the 3D to the audience without handing them all a pair of 3D glasses, and since Nintendo's big thing is 3D w/o glasses....

Either way, I just thought it would be a good idea to advertise a 3DS update during the Nintendo 3D (note: I meant E3) conference as a way to not only get everyone to update their 3DS, but to tune into the conference and be aware of whats coming up for Wii, 3DS & Nintendo in general (Cafe).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:18:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »