Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 500524 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 26, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
I don't even do intend-to-buys anymore because I won't be registering the game in time to get the bonus.
How long do you have to register to get the bonus? It used to be five years, but I don't know if they shortened it after the redesign. I have one for Mario Party 9 that says March 11, so it's good for at least one year.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1301 on: March 26, 2012, 07:39:51 PM »
I think they are starting to reduce it, I "Intended to Buy" Layton and the Unwound Future and now Club Nintendo says I have until September 14 to register it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 01, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »
What do people think of the new games available to buy from Club Nintendo?  Excitebike has never been my thing (could be said about racing games in general) so that's an easy pass. You, Me, and the Cubes looks really interesting and was on my "want to try" list, so this is the perfect time to grab it.  I don't have any space for additional DSi games on my 3DS, so Metal Torrent also gets a pass by default.

Hope people didn't miss out on Mario's Picross last month. That game is still a great time-waster!
NNID: ejamer

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 01, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
What do people think of the new games available to buy from Club Nintendo?  Excitebike has never been my thing (could be said about racing games in general) so that's an easy pass. You, Me, and the Cubes looks really interesting and was on my "want to try" list, so this is the perfect time to grab it.  I don't have any space for additional DSi games on my 3DS, so Metal Torrent also gets a pass by default.

Unfortunately, there's once again nothing for me this month. You, Me, and the Cubes looked interesting until I read that it uses motion control to fling things in a puzzle game.  No thanks.  I've never cared for any of the Excitebike games so that's out as well.  I'd probably get Metal Torrent if it was also on Wii, but it's a 3DS digital title so that's out of the question.

To be honest, I don't expect Nintendo to put another game up on the service for Reward purchase that I'm actually interested in.  Over the past few years, I've been pretty diligent about purchasing anything I found promising or nostalgic, so there's not much left that Nintendo could put up for me that I don't already own.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:49:50 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 01, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »
Lame - Nintendo announced the winners of their Pot o' Gold contest...

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo?sk=app_270232393025591

The first "answer" they give is 100% wrong.  Grr.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1305 on: April 01, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »
The first answer is that Link was originally left-handed. How is that wrong?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
Because he was originally both left and right handed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1307 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
Really? I can't find anything on that.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 02, 2012, 12:00:20 AM »

See also: Legend of Zelda manual, pages 8, 9 and 16.

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 02, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »
Link suffers from having an Ambidextrous Sprite. When I was answering the quiz, I really wasn't sure whether that would count as him being "ambidextrous" but was correct in assuming that he was "supposed" to be left-handed.

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 04, 2012, 08:18:44 AM »
Hey guys. Check me out, I won one of the exclusive Mario themed 3DS's. Should arrived late May appaerntly. Woohoo!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 04, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »
Hey guys. Check me out, I won one of the exclusive Mario themed 3DS's. Should arrived late May appaerntly. Woohoo!

Congrats!  That's awesome.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 04, 2012, 05:01:16 PM »
Because he was originally both left and right handed.
I pondered if this was perhaps a trick question, because of the sprite-mirroring of the 2D games. However, technical limitations and manual goofs aside, Link was officially left-handed, so I ultimately chose that answer.

Five winners seems like a small pool for such a small-time prize...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 04, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »
I don't recall anything at the time saying that Link was "officially" left handed.

And, although, I don't recall if this is /official/ or fanon, but I do recall the idea that Link would always stand with his shield facing Death Mountain, this the "story" behind the sprite flipping.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1314 on: April 04, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »
You can see art of from the Zelda 1 manual of Link using his right hand here.

You can add pages 17 and 20 to his list.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 05, 2012, 12:37:36 AM »
And, although, I don't recall if this is /official/ or fanon, but I do recall the idea that Link would always stand with his shield facing Death Mountain, this the "story" behind the sprite flipping.

The article I linked mentions that that was in a guide at some point.

Also, that manual says that "Rubies" are the currency so canon must have been kinda shaky at that point.  By "originally" I chose to assume they meant "before the Wii" rather than trying to trick us with whether they cut corners by flipping sprites (though I also considered the latter ;))

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:42:07 AM by MisterE13 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
I don't know if there was anything from the time of the NES era, but I just have some vague memory of stuff from Nintendo considering Link left-handed from the beginning. So, from Nintendo's perspective, he was originally left-handed.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 05, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
The problem is, though, without anything from the time the game was released that contradicted what is in the game and the supporting documentation, it's not really fair for them to ask what Link was "originally" - because "originally" he used both his right and left hand.  This may have *changed*, but it isn't what's original.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:40 PM »
Last day to register you Ambassador Games.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 23, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »
Last day to register you Ambassador Games.
Aw kwap
missed it
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1320 on: April 23, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
Every time I go to the Club Nintendo page and the 3DS card case isn't available, I die a little inside.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 24, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
Mario Tennis Open is now up for Intend to Buy.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 02, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
Glad to see Pictobits is one of the month's offerings. Unused coins: go!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 16, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
Every time I go to the Club Nintendo page and the 3DS card case isn't available, I die a little inside.

Available again as of today.  Pretty nice piece of swag, but I'm still waiting for the new Club Nintendo year to start before registering anything else.  Doubt I'll reach Platinum again in 2012/2013 otherwise... and like getting those limited rewards more than a cool DS card case.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 29, 2012, 01:04:42 AM »
Well, with all the sad changes to Club Nintendo surveys, I'm thrilled to report there's been a new change that, while very minor, is awesomely helpful.

Surveys in your To-Do List are now in order of when they expire!  Knowing this, you should be able to come up with a pretty decent estimate of what year they expire.  Worst case, you know what order to do them in.

I had already went through, lined up the various To-Dos with the listed day/month expiration alongside the date I registered them and had pretty well figured everything out.  There was one or two that was out of place, but, considering I have nearly 50 items in my To-Do list (not counting the 25 or so games I haven't even registered yet... and some folks don't think I'm a Nintendo fan... :D :D :D), I'd say I did a pretty decent job getting my list in order beforehand. :D