Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501179 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1275 on: February 15, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
Just a little update, for those wondering.

I was curious if the expiration dates for existing surveys had been moved up, so I wanted to test it out. I have a registration survey for Dragon Quest VI that expires on "Feb 14th," and so I checked today and the item is still in my to-do list. This confirms that dates haven't been moved up, which I didn't think was the case but wanted to know for sure. I don't recall this being mentioned before, but I might have missed it.

Now, this leaves figuring out what the expiration year is for surveys. For all games released between December 2008 and May 2010, it's easy: five years after the game's release date. Everything else though, is spotty. May 2010 is when they started shortening dates, but not for all games. For example, the aforementioned Dragon Quest VI was released in 2011. So I'm not sure how to tell which are which if I don't remember.  Games before December 2008 are weird, too. Some games count from 2008, others count from their original release. I guess it depends on how close they were to Club Nintendo's inception.

It'll be tough to figure some of these out... probably guesswork.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1276 on: February 16, 2012, 12:08:23 AM »
I've been through customer support and tech support, and neither will tell me my actual expiration dates even though the information is obviously there.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
Personally, I plan to clear out all my surveys this year so going forward I never have to worry about taking really stale surveys ever again.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 24, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
Hey, did everyone know that a new bonus survey up asking for opinions about the Club Nintendo service?  Outside of the 10 coins you get for completing it, this is an excellent chance to talk about what you do/don't like with Club Nintendo.

If you fill out the survey, be sure to ask for CD soundtracks as a future prize.   ;)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 25, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »
Thanks for the heads up ejamer! I DEFINITELY would be game for CD Soundtracks as club nintendo prizes!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 01, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
I would have grabbed a Kirby Epic Yarn soundtrack, but I think it's too late for that now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1281 on: March 03, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
Right now you can do pre-registration surveys for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Mario Party 9 (though the MP9 one expires tomorrow). Anybody planning to get either should take the surveys to get the extra 10 coins.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 04, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »
This month's games are:

Art Style: Cubello (WiiWare)
Mario's Picross (3DS VC)
Radar Mission (3DS VC)

All of them are 100 coins.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1283 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »
Considering, own it and meh respectively.

Still (hoping/praying) that the 3DS cases come back.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 04, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »
Radar Mission is pretty good. It's probably the best version of Battleship I've ever played, and adds some interesting wrinkles to the formula.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
I really like Mario's Picross. It's pretty basic for a picross game... but that's right in line with my expectations for this old Game Boy release.  Great buy for 100 coins if you ask me.

I also rather enjoy Cubello. It's not one of the best Art Style games, but is fun enough in a mindless way. Purchased this one quite a while ago and would consider it a solid game for 100 points.  (Does anyone really play WiiWare games now though?)
NNID: ejamer

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 05, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »
Some good games, but I already own the one I'm most interested in. My coins survive another month!

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 06, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
Whew, just read this entire thread while bored XD

Did I see something about software downloaded before linking the account with your console not counting? Because that kinda sucks and seems to work against the way they present it in their FAQs.

In my case, I finally decided to enroll myself into this point system they've been trying to force onto me for years. Disappointed for one that most of my older (SNES-GBC era :D) products can't be registered (not that it would make sense for Nintendo to promote them) and I'm a bit frustrated that any coins I collect in excess of 600 won't be setting me on my way to Elite status for next year (again, N has pretty obvious reasons to hope that some coins slip through the cracks without being useable).

To return to my original point, I downloaded PokéDex 3D, SwapNote, Four Swords, and Nintendo Video before linking (or even creating) my account.  Were any of those worth coins that are lost to me? Can I get them be re-downloading the games? Will I have to restart Four Swords or my PokéDex?

Only WiiWare/VC on my Wii (that'll probably need to be replaced anyway) are Super Mario RPG and My Pokémon Ranch but from what I can understadn from the FAQ's, those were never good for anything right?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1288 on: March 06, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »
Pokedex 3D was worth coins, as was Four Swords (10 coins each). SwapNote isn't (it's automatically downloaded to every 3DS), nor is Nintendo Video.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 06, 2012, 01:03:06 AM »
I have demos to play, but everytime I turn on open my 3DS, all I ever check is Swapnote and then close it again.

I really want to play the RE demo and then for buy the game, but I feel like I just never have the time to actually start it.

I also want to get some use out of that Art Academy game I downloaded from Club Nintendo, but.... Swapnote.

I almost went for the b1g1 50% off sale on 3DS games, but... Swapnote.

Yes, Swapnote.

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »
Well I didn't get anything from Pokédex or Zelda...

Also, they  seem to be advertising some new survey I should be getting from Nintendo Video https://club.nintendo.com/watch-videos.do#tab=nintendovideo

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1291 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles is up for Intend to Buy now. gogogogogo
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 08, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »
Oh boy! It's Pre-Register Time!

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 13, 2012, 08:20:01 PM »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 17, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »
This may be an offer for today only because of St. Patrick's day, but Club Nintendo has a Luigi-style green 3DS pouch up for sale today for 450 coins.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 20, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
I just took a customer satisfaction survey on Club Nintendo that was set to expire on March 31st. It was in my "To Dos". I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »
Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Club Nintendo anymore?

What should give me much joy has, instead, caused me much annoyance.

These are games I've bought that I haven't registered with the site yet.
I don't even do intend-to-buys anymore because I won't be registering the game in time to get the bonus.
There's more than a couple of 3DS downloads I would have picked up by this point as well, but I'm holding off until the new year rolls around.

The whole point of this program is to gather marketing data.  Sure, sure, we can pretend it's about rewarding loyal Nintendo fans, but let's face it - Nintendo doesn't care about that.  They want that sweet, sweet marketing data.

Yet, the program is set up in such a way that they're actively making it so that it rewards us for not giving them the most accurate data.  I didn't mark Kid Icarus or Mario Kart as Intend to Buy, even though I knew I was getting them day one (although I didn't get KI day one, per say, I did get two copies that are being shipped to me that were either pre-ordered or purchased day one).  Hell, pre-ordered Xenoblade direct from Nintendo... yet it's not "Intend to Buy" either.

In ye-old MyNintendo days, I'd register my games as soon as I got home.  Typically before even playing them.  Yet, now... I wait.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
I think this year I'm going to finally clear out my backlog of ClubNintendo to-do surveys and codes. One of my great hopes for this year is to get to a place where I can go forward naturally with my club nintendo behavior, and not worry about stockpiling or delaying code entries anymore.

With the Wii U launch coming up, I'm fairly certain I won't have any trouble at all hitting platinum next year like I was a little worried this year.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:26 PM »
Guh.  This is part of what I've bought this year.  This doesn't include games that I registered for bonus prizes or Intend to buy points (OoT3D, Mario Kart 7, Tetris Axis, Skyward Sword, etc.)... what 970 Coins?  I'll never get to a "natural" point (unless they put a load of prizes up there for me... hmm... packs of Kid Icarus cards?)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1299 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:47 AM »
So does anyone know if you disconnected your Club Nintendo Account from you Wii...and your VC games from your Wii...if you can reconnect a new Wii to the Club Nintendo account and get your games back...or send it in for Nintendo to do for you?

It seems like it should be doable since Club Nintendo keeps track of which games and for what system you owned them for...I have my fingers crossed this will work for Wii U transfers, because otherwise I will have lost several games I purchased and would love to play again.